EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Kaladim quests
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-22-2003 02:17:43 PM
Anyone know any good quests to raise faction with the dwarves that a gnome necromancer could do?

It'd be nice if Callena could go past her fellow little folks without their big shiny axes coming after her

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 02:40:03 PM
Aw come on

Somebody's gotta know a quest so my lazy ass doesn't have to log into Alla

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 03:00:01 PM
Kill goblins.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 03:17:49 PM
Which?

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 01-22-2003 03:19:32 PM
Kill orcs and goblins on Faydwer. You may have to experiment with the goblins though.
There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 03:35:25 PM
Hmmm. Maybe spend some time in Crushbone?

For the record, she's level...21 or 22 I think. I don't remember which.

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-22-2003 03:37:46 PM
LOTS of orcs. And goblins.

But orcs will only give you faction with the guards, I think. Goblins also give Citizens of Kaladim faction.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 01-22-2003 03:40:10 PM
Only problem with a trip to Crushbone for a little necromancer, would be that killing the orcs there gives you detrimental Indigo Brotherhood faction. Neriak would hate you forever.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 03:43:17 PM
I only need guards for right now. I just want to be able to traverse BB without getting jumped. Gather Shadows likes to drop at the most inopportune times. Got me killed by a guard in Highpass once when it dropped before I got faction up by killing orcs there.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 03:43:46 PM
quote:
Xyrra's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Only problem with a trip to Crushbone for a little necromancer, would be that killing the orcs there gives you detrimental Indigo Brotherhood faction. Neriak would hate you forever.

Don't they already hate me as a gnome anyway?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-22-2003 03:46:02 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about John Romero:
Don't they already hate me as a gnome anyway?

I'm not sure you would be KOS with them, but you are likely to be close.

I suggest you stick with the goblins, at least to start with.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 03:47:54 PM
K, where are the goblins in BB? There are camps, right?

Isn't it pathetic I have wood elves and gnomes and I never hunted there?

Oh, and does anyone know a gnome necro's starting faction in FV? Are they on Felwithe faction there?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-22-2003 03:49:51 PM
Kill Emperor Crush a shitload of times like my monk did. He was ally to all positive factions gained from killing orcs after two or three dozen rounds.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 01-22-2003 03:52:47 PM
If you're at least dubious, Neriak faction is way easy to raise. There's a librarian in the Commons who's a bit of a lush, and sings praises of anyone who gives him red wine.
Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 01-22-2003 04:37:12 PM
Take a trip to Runnyeye?
Skaw
posted 01-22-2003 04:40:19 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael said this about your mom:
Oh, and does anyone know a gnome necro's starting faction in FV? Are they on Felwithe faction there?

FV and OverThere are divieded up as Good/Neutral(FV) and Evil(Overthere)

Race has very little to play in it(unless your a Dark Elf Ogre or Troll)

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 04:43:44 PM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about the Spice Girls:

I'm pretty sure that Indigo Brotherhood is only the Warriors guild, not the guards of Neriak. (Though some guards may be on the IB faction.) Also, after hunting a week or two as my Necro in Crushbone, Indigo Brotherhood was still dubious, just as they conned originally, so I don't think its a large faction hit. Either way, you can always put up invis and run for the necro guild.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 04:48:10 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Your necro will be welcome in The Overthere, but I'm pretty sure you will be killed on sight in FV. (OT is better for hunting anyways.)

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 04:53:43 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about (_|_):
FV and OverThere are divieded up as Good/Neutral(FV) and Evil(Overthere)

Race has very little to play in it(unless your a Dark Elf Ogre or Troll)

So would she be okay?

S'for a quest I'd like to do, Will, not hunting. And she's a gnome, not a darkie

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Gork
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 05:00:13 PM
You will be killed in FV.

Dont know why youd want to go there though, Seeing as LiO can be bypassed by going to Paludal / MSeru.

Good choice of race anyhow.

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 05:15:11 PM
quote:
Gork had this to say about pies:
You will be killed in FV.

Dont know why youd want to go there though, Seeing as LiO can be bypassed by going to Paludal / MSeru.

Good choice of race anyhow.

I chose it for RP reasons actually The character is an inventor and gnome fit that like a glove.

And I wanted to go for a quest that looked interesting. Know any ways to get FV faction up?

Cornelius Gould Stuyvesant
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 05:26:56 PM
Now unless this has changed since I retired a year ago, you should be alright killing Crushbone orcs. I killed them until I was ally with Wood and High elves with my dark elf Shadow Knight. The only faction messed up is with the Neriak Warrior Guild, stay out of there. Only other place to avoid in Neriak is the bottom of the Maiden's Fancy, the Ambassador down there is on Indigo Faction and will KOS you.

The Guards are on 2 factions. Inner and Outer Dread. Ones in the forest are outer, Neriak is inner. The quest with the library necro will fix raise that. Killing Crushbone Orcs will not touch that faction.

Only other potential problem might be a level 12 npc thatw anders the Upper Neriak non de area. He looks like a guard, but I think he's on Indigo Faction. He's usually alone though..think he's to be killed on a quest. Only problem might be if he attacks you near regular guards. 12 though, prolly green to you and won't attack.

[ 01-22-2003: Message edited by: Wetsart ]

Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas...with the music at top volume and at least a pint of ether -Hunter S. Thompson
Sagwah
Pancake
posted 01-22-2003 06:23:44 PM
FOr FV faction go to LOIO and lay waste to goblins. Gobs in Warslik's Woods also work for this. Just any funny looking green Kunark gob will do. My friend's Iksar monk was ally to FV after 3 days camping Grachnist
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-22-2003 07:41:54 PM
If you can get nuetral faction (or possibly wolf form), killing Draeg... Draco... those stupid dog men in Kunark for FV. Don't get direct FV faction from killing in but they drop these no drop canines that can be turned into this NPC for faction and Elven Trail Mix (hardy meal).
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 07:44:14 PM
Who's Grachnist and what level?

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-22-2003 07:49:51 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's fortune cookie read:
Who's Grachnist and what level?

Named goblin that drops Iksar Hide Gloves among other things. He's in his mid to upper 20's I think.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 08:01:03 PM
Where are the goblins in LOIO?

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-22-2003 08:08:42 PM
Near the lake itself. Run around the circumference, you should see ruins. Usually found around them.

OR there's the goblin mines in the NW part of the zone... tight fit though.

Nina
posted 01-22-2003 08:25:23 PM
The more interesting info...

Grachnist is 30 or so, and drops the Goblinskull earring.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 08:27:26 PM
Which earring is that?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-22-2003 09:17:36 PM
Gobs and Orcs for Kaladim (least til you're dubious with everyone), then you go inside and deposit lots (4 a pop, do it a LOT) of bone chips to the dude in the cleric guild. Get a crappy item (sell), and it raises the other faction.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-22-2003 09:33:19 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
Gobs and Orcs for Kaladim (least til you're dubious with everyone), then you go inside and deposit lots (4 a pop, do it a LOT) of bone chips to the dude in the cleric guild. Get a crappy item (sell), and it raises the other faction.

If it's bone chips you want, go to Kurns's Tower in the Field of Bone. Once you're strong enough to handle it, it's the easiest bone harvesting place I've seen.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 09:48:13 PM
Paineel newbie zone is good for those, too.

Nina
posted 01-22-2003 09:59:20 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:
Which earring is that?

The one with clickable Grim Aura. I killed a lot of Grachnists trying to get it though, without luck.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-22-2003 10:02:39 PM
quote:
Tier obviously shouldn't have said:
The one with clickable Grim Aura. I killed a lot of Grachnists trying to get it though, without luck.

Ooo, that would be handy.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-23-2003 05:22:12 AM
Grachnist is 30+ and drops Iksar Scaled Gloves, not Iksar Hide Gloves.

If race has nothing to do with FV/OT faction, tell that to my Agnostic Human Monk. He was not only tolerated, but could use merchants in BOTH zones...until I had to get that damned KC pipe and ruined OT faction.

An Agnostic Vah Shir is KOS to OT I believe.

Gnome necros should be just as KOS in neriak as Erudite necros are (read: not KOS). The ghouls in front of the necro/sk guild ARE kos to anything that isn't specifically a dark elf.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-24-2003 12:59:45 AM
Unless I have to for a quest or spell, I have no intention of even taking Callena into Neriak.

Freeport accepts her readily, so I can buy and sell and bank there. Anything I can't buy with her, I can hop on Pandorra and get.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-24-2003 01:36:03 AM
yeah...minute you can get into the PoK, going to Neriak for spells is kinda pointless, and past 25th level, even if you pissed off the Neriak folks, only the Corporal out in Nektulos will jump you. Jagd the Barb Shammy runs through Nektulos on the road with impunity.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-24-2003 06:00:17 AM
Plus if I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally needed something from Nek and it wasn't No Drop, I would just use my inky cleric to get it

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-24-2003 06:05:22 AM
or get me to do it.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: