EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I have something to say.
Crucible
Pancake
posted 01-16-2003 08:18:30 PM
Good evening, mortals, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Sauron,the Lord of the Rings.

Caught the title, did you? I should expect so. Most of you idiots might remember the title to the movie with Frodo, Legolas, and/or Aragorn in it. Which is why we're going to have a little conversation.

*I* am the Lord of the Rings. Not some midget with hairy feet and blue eyes the size of saucer plates. Not some pretty boy with pointy ears and a blond wig. Not some loser king-turned-ranger-turned-king badly in need of a haircut and a shave. Me. Sauron. The Deceiver. The real honest-to-Tolkien Lord of the Rings.

I don't mean to complain. I'm glad you came to see my movie. But you seem to have lost focus. The bloody movie is named after ME!! It's not "Midget Carrying A Ring," or "Cute Elf Boy," or "Sexy Ranger." It's "Lord of the Rings." If it was about one of the above, I'm sure they would hav e renamed it to "The Ringbearer," or some other flowery title.

I am *sick* and *tired* of you little fangirls (and a few of the fanboys) going on about how cute Frodo was. Or how hot Legolas was. Or how sexy Aragorn was. Are they the real stars of the movie? No. I am. Without *me*, there would be no movie!!

Without a doubt, *I* am the most important character in the movie. Middle Earth depends on me to oppress it and wreak havoc and evil. Do you have any idea how hard it is to corrupt, taint, destroy, and ruin *everything* you touch? It's not easy, let me tell you. It's hard work being an overlord of evil! I have all these evil plans to concoct, and there's a lot of appearances to be made. I hardly get any sleep, what with having to keep an eye out for everything those idiots do to try and thwart me.

But do I have any fangirls? Do I have ridiculous girls who collect images of m e, and devote entire shrines to how sexy I am? Do I get any appreciation? No. Would you even appreciate Frodo completely if it weren't for *my* ring? Would you like Legolas so much if I didn't provide his targets for him to show off with a bow? Would you think Aragorn was so sexy if he never had to draw his sword and fight off my minions? Would you have liked the movie as much if I didn't arrange for the dramatic deaths of at least two characters? If it weren't for me, there'd be no movie.

Now, I know I don't have a pretty face and long, blond hair. Or big blue eyes and a sensitive face. Or smoldering green eyes and classic good looks. But a little appreciation would be nice. What about my lidless eye, wreathed in flames, eh? Now that's cool.Does Frodo have a lidless eye wreathed in flames? I think not. Hell, he can barely keep his eyes symmetrical without photo manipulation. And what about my cool metal suit of armor? Does Legolas have a suit of intimidating armor? No, he doesn't.

All he has is some frippy Elf clothing, and stupid braids. And he walks like a girl. And what about my piece d' resistance? The One Ring? Does Aragorn have the One Ring at any point of the movie? No, he's so scared of it, he sends off the little hobbit like a coward. And he spends more time touching Legolas and Boromir in that movie than Arwen. (Wonder what *that's* all about, eh?)

Obviously, I have some interesting qualities I feel are overlooked.All you fangirls (and fanboys) need to stop drooling after Frodo, Legolas, and Aragorn. Stop it with the obsession!! You're losing focus for the movie!! Do you think Tolkien created those characters so you could chase after them in your sexual fantasies? I think not. The old bastard w as way too interested in cross-dressing women to create male fantasies for you. *I* am the star of the show. And I want to be loved for what I am, and what I do!!

I mean, look at yourselves. Just *look* at what you've turned into.Instead of appreciating the film, the books, or even the important message behind the story (don't steal other people's jewelry),you chase after the male characters in the story. I've even seen shrines to Boromir. Boromir!! He bloody well died, you know!! The loser practically tried to rip Frodo limb-from-limb to get the ring, and yet, you appreciate *him*, just because he tried to save those idiots, Merry and Pippin. The fools got everyone in trouble more times than *I* did in the film, and you still like *them*. I barely had to do *any* evil in the first movie. Pippin was doing a rather nice job of it all by himself.

Take the scribe of my message, J. Marie, for inst ance. The fool girl has a shrine to naked Viggo Mortenson pictures on her hard drive. Now that's sad. She has filled up folders of precious memory with pictures of Orlando Bloom. She's wasted countless hours agonizing over writing fanfiction (about Aragorn and Legolas, no less). She's seen the movie *six* times, with no end in sight as of this writing, simply so she can drool over Aragorn and Legolas. It's pathetic, I tell you.

Where are my shrines? Why does she go to the bathroom during the parts of the movie before Aragorn shows up? Why does she concern herself with the pizza grease on her hands during *my* scenes, yet didn't even notice her brother spilling Pepsi all over her pants when Aragorn was fighting the Nazgul? It's unfair.

She'll quote you *Gollum* before she can mention anything that I have done to make this film great. She just shrugs and tells all her friends she hopes Aragorn gets a nude scene in the next movie!! How degrading!!

And where were *my* Oscar nominations?? Nobody would care about Gandalf if it weren't for *me*!! He'd be nothing without *me* to define him!! It's an injustice!!!

And don't even get me started on the fanfiction. Where's my sex scenes? (I'm a lover, not a fighter, you know.) My thoughts and angst?? Where's my slash moments (I personally think that Gandalf and I need to get the hook-up), or the times when I kidnap Arwen from Aragorn? Where's the Mary Sues that try to get *me* to marry them? I'll have you know I have some very nice love poetry stored up for just that occasion. It's always about Aragorn, Legolas, or Frodo!!

I'm asking for some focus here. For people to recognize that the Lord of the Rings is about ME. The Lord of the Rings. Not the ranger who needs to shave. Not the Elf who looks like a girl at a distance. And c ertainly not some computer-midget-ized hobbit with eyes too big for his face. I'll get him. And his little dog, too.

I *demand* equal rights. I want web shrines, folders full of images of me on your hard drive, people paying eight bucks a pop just to see *me* on screen repeatedly, fanfiction, love scenes, Mary Sue fics, grand kidnapping the damsel scenes, horrific storylines, and angst-filled stories!! I *am* the Lord of the Rings!! It's all about ME!! ME!!! MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I need to go take my medication now.

Razor
posted 01-16-2003 08:19:26 PM
0-o
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 01-16-2003 08:20:29 PM
Geek.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-16-2003 08:21:53 PM
WTF?

nem-x
posted 01-16-2003 08:21:55 PM
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-16-2003 08:23:06 PM
Directly stolen from another website. I will find the link and show you as an impostor!1?!!?//
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 01-16-2003 08:23:44 PM
Sauron did rock. In the prolouge, he's all whoosh! and all those elfies are all FLY and the orcs are ARROWED! But then again, Sauron was beaten by a human pansy but cutting off his hand...
Agent A
Underpowered on Purpose
posted 01-16-2003 08:24:08 PM
I really wish I would have read all that...I really do. ^_^
"How do you all feel about beastiality with taxidermy? It seems like most people aren't very down with it, in fact, alot of people are only medium down with it. But if you only get to second base, where's the harm, right?"
- Melora Creager
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-16-2003 08:25:50 PM
quote:
Judge Gydyon had this to say about Captain Planet:
Directly stolen from another website. I will find the link and show you as an impostor!1?!!?//

Isn't everything on the internet stolen from some place or another? LIKE YUOR HELMUT!

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-16-2003 08:26:47 PM
Cute elf boy > Souron.

YOU DIED MAN!! DIED!!

You're nothing but a fiery eyeball!

COPE!

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-16-2003 08:30:52 PM
quote:
Bajah wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Isn't everything on the internet stolen from some place or another? LIKE YUOR HELMUT!

omg u sux stfu

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 01-16-2003 08:30:54 PM
Do you even have genitalia we can fantasize about?

Also: Best. Joke account. Ever.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-16-2003 08:32:08 PM
quote:
Nicole painfully thought these words up:
Do you even have genitalia we can fantasize about?

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-16-2003 08:36:44 PM
I would hope that was stolen. It would suck if he wrote all of that just to look like an idiot.
Oh shi...
what
posted 01-16-2003 08:43:28 PM
omg lord soth wud so pwn sauron rofl
Gydyon
posted 01-16-2003 08:44:50 PM
http://www.loverboys-blue.com/documents/nonyaoi/sauron.html
http://www.onespoof.com/fic/MssgS.html
http://bitter-pill-movies.blogspot.com/

And I think it was on TORN, too.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Steven Steve
posted 01-16-2003 09:00:24 PM
quote:
So quoth Judge Gydyon:

I was about to say

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-16-2003 09:02:31 PM
So who's gimmick account is this? Come on, own up. Johnny Law's found you out.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-16-2003 09:20:13 PM
I brought back an OLD account because I found that letter, found it funny as hell, and brought it to EC because I hadn't seen it posted before

And since I was gonna use the Sauron account (well, display name) to post my parody of the Two Towers, I felt it was a great opening.

So, instead of seeing the humor (like we'd normally get on sharing comedy with the boards), I get... whatever the hell this is.

What's with all the HATE on the boards lately?

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 01-16-2003 09:21:51 PM
quote:
Bajah's fortune cookie read:

Internet PMS

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-16-2003 09:23:21 PM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Robocop:

You overreacting.

edit: I am not implying that you're causing the hate on the boards. I am, however, saying that you're seeing something that isn't really there...

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 01-16-2003 09:24:44 PM
I am gonna have to side with Kegwen here.

Sorry to say, but it seems to me like you're overreacting a tad.

I didn't see one thing in this thread that was un-EC like.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
OtakuPenguin
posted 01-16-2003 09:24:45 PM
omgz double post

[ 01-16-2003: Message edited by: OtakuPenguin ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-16-2003 09:27:17 PM
It wasn't a funny post and the account looked like some crazy n00b on a get-rich-quick scheme.

What can I say?

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 01-16-2003 09:30:17 PM
I actually thing baja has a poitn,the bored has bean seeming alot more agressive recently

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-16-2003 09:30:37 PM
Would have been better with a disclaimer attempting to credit it.

Poit.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-16-2003 09:32:06 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin says:
No one seems different on EC
OtakuPenguin says:
EXCEPT him

^^^^

I agree with that.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-16-2003 09:32:44 PM
quote:
D had this to say about Pirotess:
Internet PMS

You know, I noticed it too.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-16-2003 09:34:20 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mog said:
I actually thing baja has a poitn,the bored has bean seeming alot more agressive recently

Ditto.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Steven Steve
posted 01-16-2003 09:34:49 PM
quote:
Mog wrote this stupid crap:

I'm fairly certain they've always been this way.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-16-2003 09:36:27 PM
I've noticed alot of hostility rising as well.

Kind of scary, accually...

OtakuPenguin
posted 01-16-2003 09:37:59 PM
...Am I the only person who sees no change at all?
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-16-2003 09:38:13 PM
It all started when King Bling got banned or blacklisted or whatever.

COINCIDENCE!?

..probably.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-16-2003 09:38:28 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin impressed everyone with:
...Am I the only person who sees no change at all?

I don't see any change either. Except in Bajah.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 01-16-2003 09:38:41 PM
quote:
Verily, Aanile doth proclaim:
I've noticed alot of hostility rising as well.

Kind of scary, accually...

I completely agree.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 01-16-2003 09:40:07 PM
Keg, I hate to say this, but you've seemed more hostile lately.

Not an attack, just an observation.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-16-2003 09:40:13 PM
Much tension.. on boards, in chat, in RL.

It is.. bothersome.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-16-2003 09:41:18 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Kinanik wrote:
Keg, I hate to say this, but you've seemed more hostile lately.

Not an attack, just an observation.

Being neutral is boring.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 01-16-2003 09:43:35 PM
quote:
Kegwen impressed everyone with:
You overreacting.

Am not overreacting

Read the replies. Accused of theft instead of trying to bring humor to the thread. Called an idiot (by Parce, the ultimate judge of humor apparently).

Yeah, that's sooo EC-like, OP.

I'm just saying *I* thought it was funny, therefore *I* posted it. Just like everytime any one of you thought something was funny and posted it.

This is the second time in one day I've posted something I enjoyed and got this kind of treatment - TWICE IN ONE DAY.

What happened to the days when people would laugh and enjoy a bit of light hearted humor - it's OBVIOUS this post is in humor and meant to be funny.

And by saying HATE, I didn't mean "OMG HAIL HITLER" Or anything... just general .. lack of trying to have fun. Ridicule attempts at humor, insult people, start flame wars consistently, etc etc.

I just want to see some FUN on these boards again, so I tried to do something new... and it apparently failed horribly.

Oh well.

Probably should scrap the parody at this rate, too. So far, everything I do to bring smiles is getting shitcanned.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-16-2003 09:44:26 PM
quote:
This one time, at Kinanik camp:
I completely agree.

I disagree totally.

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY WE'VE BEEN MORE HOSTILE?! I'LL TEAR YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF AND SHIT RIGHT DOWN YOUR TRACHEA! WE. ARE. FUCKING. HAPPY.

DAMMIT.

DON'T EVEN TRY TO DISAGREE! YOU ARE SO FUCKING WRONG IT HURTS TO TALK TO YOU!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: