EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Favorite LOTR moment?
Mightion Defensor
posted 08-27-2002 08:33:59 PM
I've watched the movie twice, and I have to say my favorite scene is in Balin's Tomb, when they realize Frodo is still alive.

The look on Aragorn's face, and the way he says "You should be dead! That spear would have skewered a wild boar!" is probably the closest I've seen a movie character come to saying "WTF?"

It's just classic.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-27-2002 08:40:34 PM
In Blade, at the end, he actually mouths "What the fuck..."
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 08-27-2002 08:42:22 PM
In the start of the movie, when Souron's army charge the Elves and they spin those double swords in a ripple line.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-27-2002 08:42:45 PM
I accually liked the dragon shaped fireworks.
Deathbeam Warhero
Pancake
posted 08-27-2002 08:43:09 PM
Mine would have to be when the Nazgul are swept away by the flood of water shaped like white horses because that scene was depicted on my copy of FotR and I couldn't wait to see it in the movie.
Moffles
Pancake
posted 08-27-2002 08:46:50 PM
Every time the hobbits hugged.
"Got some dark desire? Love to play with fire? Why not let it rip? Live a little bit!"
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-27-2002 08:49:04 PM
I really liked this part:

quote:

Karnalf: Fool of a Wangwaver! Throw your cock in next time, maybe it won't make such a loud noise!

Waisztomir: PWND!

It was funny.

Malbi
posted 08-27-2002 08:51:04 PM
the part where Gimli tried to smash the ring with an Axe and the Axe exploded...that was just cool
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-27-2002 09:07:29 PM
When Bilbo is re-introduced to the ring by Frodo in that elf city and when Frodo refuses to give it to him he makes that scary face.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 08-27-2002 09:48:42 PM
Any of the times Frodo puts on the ring and we see it from his view. Those are just fucking amazing special effects to me.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Melyodas Darkender
Pancake
posted 08-27-2002 09:51:08 PM
i am not sure if its my absolute favorite seen but it is close...

In the final battle seen when Legolas stabs one orc in the face with an arrow, pulls the arrow, nocks it, and fires it into the next orc behind the first one

I LIKE MILK
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 08-27-2002 09:52:21 PM
Gandalf against the Balrog. 'Nuff said!
"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
MorbId
Pancake
posted 08-27-2002 09:52:34 PM
I don't think they had one of the best lines at the Frodo stabbing part, where one of the humans says, "If I'd known hobbits had skin like that, my people would be hunting hobbits!"

My favorite was the whole balrog sequence. It just seemed perfectly executed, and the balrog itself was amazing.

Tristan
Vidi, vici, veni.
Nae's Stooge
posted 08-27-2002 10:03:36 PM
The end.
Veni, vidi, vici
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-27-2002 10:22:33 PM
the ripple line at the beginning was pretty cool

I liked watching Legolas run up the chain around the cave troll's neck and shoot it on the head. That was badass

And Ian McKellan at the beginning where he's talking to Frodo. The whole "We Bagginses were well-respected once" sequence with his facial expressions and mumbling around the pipe. Loved that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 08-27-2002 10:26:51 PM
*grins* The only other person that I can even think of that could pull gandolf off aside who they had, is Patrick Stewert.

However, Ian McKellan would still portray the wizard better.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-27-2002 10:40:23 PM
I like when the Balrog sequence is done and they're outside the cave and Aragorn is telling the others they have to keep moving

Baromir: Give them a moment, for pity's sake!

It's pretty dramatic

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-27-2002 10:51:06 PM
Trent maade me laaaaaaaugh so hard I allmosst choked on my burito!

My favorite is between the horses in the water, or Boromir's fight with the oorukai.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-27-2002 10:52:24 PM

It was Parces funny.

Still makes me laugh.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-27-2002 11:03:27 PM
quote:
ImNotTrent Inc. was naked while typing this:

It was Parces funny.

Still makes me laugh.

yesssss! btu you used it in thiiiiis thread! and it caughht me offguard! you big silly!

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 08-28-2002 01:23:35 AM
Any of the battle scenes...

Any scene with Legolas

Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 08-28-2002 01:47:20 AM
quote:
Xyrra got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Any of the battle scenes...

Yes

I also think Loth'lorien was jsut the coolest damned place i've ever seen in a move

Moo.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-28-2002 06:39:37 AM
Boromir fighting the Uruk'hai, and still kicking arse despite being shot multiple times.

That and Lothlorien, with the mirror, and Galadriel momentarily becoming (_|_).

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: