EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Argh, Tailoring!
Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 02:16:18 PM
Anyone have any Tailoring sites for Everquest handy? Or know a quick way to get Tailoring mastered?
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 04-13-2002 02:19:10 PM
How many identities do you have now?
Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 02:21:33 PM
I cant log onto Isis, I am getting my password back soon I hope, someone changed it.

/glare

Mightion Defensor
posted 04-13-2002 02:26:13 PM
www.eqtraders.com

Once you have started down the tradeskill path; forever will it dominate your destiny!

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-13-2002 02:30:09 PM
quote:
Ayerine Angelyre had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
quick way

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*gasp*
OHOOOOHOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHA
*gasp*pant*hyperventilate*
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

No.

Tradeskills takes hours of your time to get a few paltry skill increases.

Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 02:33:07 PM
quote:
Khyron stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*gasp*
OHOOOOHOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAHAAHAHAHA
*gasp*pant*hyperventilate*
HAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

No.

Tradeskills takes hours of your time to get a few paltry skill increases.

Not so, My friend once got his brewing from 0 to 120 in less than an hour. Amazing.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-13-2002 02:36:05 PM
Brewing != tailoring.

Tailoring, Smithing, fletching, tinkering, alchemy, jewelrycraft, poison making... they're all hard (And expensive!) to raise.

Baking, Brewing, pottery... those ones are easy though.

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-13-2002 02:38:42 PM
But that was also brewing, and from 0-120.
Doesn't count.
Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mod
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 04:03:11 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about (_|_):
Brewing != tailoring.

Tailoring, Smithing, fletching, tinkering, alchemy, jewelrycraft, poison making... they're all hard (And expensive!) to raise.

Baking, Brewing, pottery... those ones are easy though.

Actually Jewelcraft isn't hard per se like tailroing, it only involves a moderate (compared to say,....smithing) amount of money and a lot of klicking.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Skaw
posted 04-13-2002 05:22:28 PM
Fletching is fast too.. Atleast it was for me when I got it from 10-140 in 1 sitting.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-13-2002 05:34:42 PM
Fletching is easy, Jewelry is easy but freaking expensive, Baking's a cinch and you can get the ingredients to get to 135 or 142 (fish rolls triv someplace around there) very easily.

Tailoring's a challenge merely in getting the materials. You'll either need to kill a lot of spiderlings/spiders, or buy their silk. Silk threads (2 spiderling silks) triv around 17. Silk cords (3 spiderling silks) soon after.

You can use the silk cords to make bags with pelts after you triv patchwork at 26. That means you waste less silk swatches (2 spider silks), because raw silk trivs at 46 and you will waste silk swatches if you don't wait till you're at least in your 30s to try it.

Raw silk is the last place you can really tailor on your own without massive failures. Studded leather requirs metal studs, which requires a blacksmith. Wu's, the next step up, requires mana vials, which requires a chanter.

So there's not really an easy way to master tailoring, because so often other skills or classes come into it. But that should get you started at least.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 04-13-2002 06:09:27 PM
quote:
Khyron enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

Here, struck out a few ridiculous options. You can get all the stupid stuff for these tradeskills at a vendor. Just sit on your ass in Thurgardin and you can master them.

Can't say for sure for the class/race tradeskills, but I believe most of them are all vendor-provided.

Cost is a given whenever you want to raise a tradeskill... Only, with Tailoring, you can't consider simple cost since you have to get all the components yourself.

I mastered Tailoring, then I said, "Never again". Tradeskills r dum!

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-13-2002 06:18:20 PM
Helps if you have a horde of friends to get you skins and silks and such.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 04-13-2002 06:21:11 PM
quote:
Tier had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Can't say for sure for the class/race tradeskills, but I believe most of them are all vendor-provided.

Not Tinkering.. sadly not Tinkering..

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 04-13-2002 06:28:40 PM
Onto the question. This is a site I use all the time for all trade skill needs.

http://www.geocities.com/shadowknight57/

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: