EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My Lord of the Rings experience...
Lashanna
noob
posted 12-26-2001 05:41:19 PM
Well, my entire family, and my brother's girlfriend's entire family went to see Lord of the Rings ("Yeah, hi... Can I get 14 tickets to Lord of the Rings?")

It was pretty dandy, I loved it, and cried at the end (*points* Hey you, stop making fun of me!).

However, my cousin (she's 13, so she's not like a little kid or anything) left the movie earlier because the Ringwraith's noise scared her,

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-26-2001 05:43:54 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about Tron:
Well, my entire family, and my brother's girlfriend's entire family went to see Lord of the Rings ("Yeah, hi... Can I get 14 tickets to Lord of the Rings?")

It was pretty dandy, I loved it, and cried at the end (*points* Hey you, stop making fun of me!).

However, my cousin (she's 13, so she's not like a little kid or anything) left the movie earlier because the Ringwraith's noise scared her,

I got teary eyed when Gandalf fell..even if I know he's coming back later anyhow.

Ozius

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2001 05:46:18 PM
My friends and I were sitting right next to one of the speakers. Not the bass ones, but the ones that handle the higher sounds.

My eardrums were ringing when the Ringwraiths came on. Ow, ow, ow.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-26-2001 05:48:59 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mortious Shadowstalker!
My friends and I were sitting right next to one of the speakers. Not the bass ones, but the ones that handle the higher sounds.

TWEETERS!

ZaÂ’afiel
Coolest Hamster Pimp Ever!
posted 12-26-2001 05:49:55 PM
quote:
Mortious Shadowstalker had this to say about John Romero:

hehe im glad i always sit in the middle of the rows

"Consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-26-2001 05:54:15 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about dark elf butts:

Hell I wanted to get up and leave when they came on. those guys were scarier than even the book make them out to be.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
/dev/null
Pancake
posted 12-26-2001 06:06:45 PM
Bah.... Ring Wraiths weren't anything....

I fear Bilbo Baggins. *shudder*

Beep. Beep. Beep... Ohh... I think my porridge is done.
My fellow Americans, as you know, my foreign policy can be summed up in five words: "Iludium-236 Explosive Space Modulator."
When it comes down to it, searching the web without Google is like straining sewage with your teeth.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 12-26-2001 06:12:20 PM
quote:
RPC had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Bah.... Ring Wraiths weren't anything....

I fear Bilbo Baggins. *shudder*

I know.

Kameks
BANNED
posted 12-26-2001 06:14:39 PM
quote:
Ozimander J. Griswald had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
I got teary eyed when Gandalf fell..even if I know he's coming back later anyhow.

Ozius

**sets down his lord of the rings book** THANKS FOR RUINING IT FOR ME YA BASTARD!

People who try to commit suicide should be dragged out into the street and shot. Heck they wont complain this what they wanted :)

Sig pic done with Microsoft paint, Work that doobie Pikachu.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 12-26-2001 06:46:43 PM
I thought Legolas kicked ass.
Mystreaver
Pancake
posted 12-26-2001 06:52:37 PM
I saw it today. I have decided that I will read the Hobbit and the trilogy a couple times in a row. Well, maybe just once. But to be blunt:

LoTR r0xx0rd j0r b0xx0rs!!!!!!!

Aktyr Mystreaver
Green-eyed Crusader of Greenmist
Dark Knight of the 23rd Shadow
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=45560
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 12-26-2001 06:58:00 PM
$20CDN (Over $10US) says that someone will make a parody movie that, in at least part of the film, makes fun of Lord of the Rings.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 12-26-2001 07:09:46 PM
quote:
Ruvyen Warblade had this to say about Punky Brewster:
$20CDN (Over $10US) says that someone will make a parody movie that, in at least part of the film, makes fun of Lord of the Rings.

It'll be something like this, or this.

Arrenn Lightblade
Yes. Yes he is.
posted 12-26-2001 07:13:21 PM
and $50 says they will be assassinated. Or beheaded
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 12-26-2001 07:24:35 PM
Kids behind me LAUGHED when gandalf fell. My friend and I wanted to shoot em.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-26-2001 07:51:07 PM
quote:
Ruvyen Warblade had this to say about (_|_):

You should read Bored of the Rings by the Harvard Lampoon. Doubt if it's still in print, but a library may have it.

Absolutely hilarious. Starring Dildo, and Frito, and Legolamb, and Gimlet . . . .

I really love LotR, but the parody was a masterwork.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-26-2001 07:52:33 PM
I see LotR tomorrow.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-26-2001 07:55:04 PM
Just don't expect a faithful recreation of Lord of the Rings, and you'll enjoy it.

It's like "Willow," only better done in all respects. The characters just happen to be named after Tolkien's.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-26-2001 08:57:48 PM
Bored of the Rings is a hilarious book. There's also a sci-fi type version of The Hobbit out there called There and Back Again.

I agree, Drys. Legolas was the shit.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Malbi
posted 12-26-2001 09:21:33 PM
My only gripe about the movie is the lack of Tom Bombadil...that section of the book was one of my favorites

The Balrog was awesome period

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-26-2001 10:23:22 PM
Ignore Bloodsage. THis is as faithful of a recreation as you are going to get in a movie. I can think of only two scenes in the movie that were different enough from the book for me to really even bother to take note of. This is Lord of the rings. As good as if not better in places than the books were.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 12-26-2001 10:32:58 PM
Some guy in the back rows was cursing all through the movie. I wanted to tell him off really bad...
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-26-2001 10:55:41 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about John Romero:
Ignore Bloodsage. THis is as faithful of a recreation as you are going to get in a movie. I can think of only two scenes in the movie that were different enough from the book for me to really even bother to take note of. This is Lord of the rings. As good as if not better in places than the books were.

Not by a long shot.

Many of the changes had nothing to do with the real concerns of translating text into pictures; they were done simply to sensationalize, to sqeeze the plot into a cookie-cutter Hollywood rendition of "fantasy adventure."

Anyone who knows the books really well is bound to be disaffected--unless they aren't expecting a faithful recreation. In which case it's a wonderful movie, as I said.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-26-2001 11:38:22 PM
quote:
Demitri had this to say about Captain Planet:
I see LotR tomorrow.

So do I...

...For the second time.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Prometheus
Pancake
posted 12-27-2001 12:45:11 AM
Loved it.
Prometheus
"Forethought"
Ferrel
Fippy's VP
posted 12-27-2001 02:17:47 AM
I liked it.

No movie will ever live up to the book, but this was really really good. Live with it or dont go see it again!

Ferrel!
leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 12-27-2001 07:13:35 AM
quote:
Ruvyen Warblade stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

*cough, cough* French and Saunders. They did The Phantom menace, they'll probably do LoTR

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 12-27-2001 07:16:54 AM
quote:
Zephyer had this to say about John Romero:
So do I...
...For the second time.

Meet my friend, Mr Handgun.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: