EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This is getting re-f*ing-diculous.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-20-2001 01:01:48 AM
Well, I get into work today, after my usual days off, Monday and Tuesday...

...and find out that we've had our third armed robbery in a week. Same guy. My favourite co-worker was the one on register for the second time, and she's pretty shaken up. Soon as I came in the door, my manager and district manager walk up to me, 'Whatever you do, don't fight this guy!'

...'cause they know I'm crazy enough to. And dammit, I want to. I want to beat this motherfucker into the floor, who the fucking hell does he think he is!?

...okay, sorry, I feel better now...

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 12-20-2001 01:43:57 AM
Third armed robbery in a week? You think the police would do something about it or something.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-20-2001 01:46:09 AM
quote:
Drysart wrote this stupid crap:
Third armed robbery in a week? You think the police would do something about it or something.
Exactly what I was thinking.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 12-20-2001 01:47:06 AM
Knife or gun?
If knife
*Armned robber pulls weapon*
Give me all the money.
*Kevin pulls .45 calliber Kimber Custom from his quickdraw holster and preocceds to explain the advantages to a 3# match trigger to the wouldbe robber while the police come to pick him up.*
(counters make great barricades unlike being i the open)

If gun...
Give me all the money.
*Kevin gives Robber then money and as he turns to leave procceds to blow a 1 inch diamiter hole in would be escaping robber.
You can mess with me you don't mess with my friends

Where do you work O_o

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Azizza ]

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Akiraiu Zenko
posted 12-20-2001 02:11:03 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about pies:

They can't seem to get enough evidence to track the guy down...I think, however, they may have a plainclothes detective camping across the road...but, I'm not sure. That's just a guess based on something a coworker told me.

What WE'RE doing about it:
1) Double coverage at all times. Noone ever works alone.
2) We have someone in a back room, aside from our two employees, watching the security cameras the entire time we're open. He has his own phone line to call 911 the moment this guy walks in.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-20-2001 02:11:52 AM
I had a friend that worked nights at a Quick Shop that was right next to an Interstate on-ramp. (close to a state line too) I can't remember how often he said that place got robbed, but the cops knew the location by heart.

Anyway, he had a few repeat offenders. The cops got 'em all if they kept coming back. Only the ones smart enough to do it only once had a hope in hell of getting away with it.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 12-20-2001 02:27:29 AM
Keep some powdered sugar or fine flour in the cash drawer. If this bozo comes in to rob the place again, put it on the cash as it's handed over to him.

Then, tell the cops, and let them wait for him to go to an emergency room to be checked for anthrax.

Yah, you would have to be a moron to fall for it, but it sounds like this guy just might be something of a moron. Three times? Idiot.

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Akiraiu Zenko
posted 12-20-2001 02:29:38 AM
He can't be TOO much of a moron...

...we haven't CAUGHT him yet...

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 12-20-2001 03:35:04 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Knife or gun?
If knife
Give me all the money.
*Kevin pulls .45 calliber Kimber Custom from his quickdraw holster and preocceds to explain the advantages to a 3# match trigger to the wouldbe robber while the police come to pick him up.*
(counters make great barricades unlike being i the open)

Ok this would work..

quote:
If gun...
Give me all the money.
*Kevin gives Robber then money and as he turns to leave procceds to blow a 1 inch diamiter hole in would be escaping robber.
You can mess with me you don't mess with my friends

Where do you work O_o

This, however, would see yopu probably doing 5-10 for Grevious Bodily Harm, if the guy survived... If he died... can you say "murder"?

Shooting an armed robber in the back as he flees might be revenge, but it is also a premeditated act... and the charge of murder sticks where the act is premeditated.

Just cos you carry a gun, doesnt mean you have to THINK with it.

If the place has been hit 3 times within a week, you can BET that the cops are staking the place out. Not only with the undercover guy across the road, but probably with a few of them coming in on rotation (maybe even with one sitting over with the Loan Manager "discussing how to take out a second mortgage"...

If the crook has any smarts he'll know this too.. so a 4th hit is EXTREMELY unlikely...

With thanks to her housemate who is a cop for some of the detail

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 12-20-2001 03:50:37 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: