EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, who has SOL now?
Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 12-13-2001 03:16:52 PM
Me.

After viewing all the race models, I really like the Dark Elven models, High Elven models and the Vah'Shir.

Your opinion?

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-13-2001 03:22:33 PM
Got all the models on for a reason
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Mightion Defensor
posted 12-13-2001 03:24:58 PM
When my 512 megs show up, I can turn on all the models... but my favorite is the East Freeport Slum Whore... uh, the female half elf.
Mod
Pancake
posted 12-13-2001 03:39:25 PM
I like all the models, although it seems I broke my mainboard while putting in new ram so I'll have to get a new one soon (yeesh, of all the annoying idiots that pay me to put their computer together, why did the only one I have broke have to be my own)
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Kel
Pancake
posted 12-13-2001 07:04:47 PM
Must say, really hating the open hip strappy pant things that they've cursed fem Wood Elves with. I used to have pretty tizmak armor. I now have identical-to-patchwork tizmak armor... what a rippoff...

And why oh why does putting armor on make Dainiae look like 'ivy-emboridered bondage-gear' lady? All the caster robes are wonderful, the chain and plate textures are fabulously intricate, but the druid armor SUCKS.

So, other than the fact that my toon now looks like christina aguilara with an ear job... it's good.

Do you believe in fondue? You know you do.
If you look deep within your heart you will find... melted cheese.
Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 12-13-2001 07:08:47 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Tron:
... East Freeport Slum Whore...

Coming from a paladin...

(You know it's not a personal insult. I'm not capable of that.

Squire Twitch
Pancake
posted 12-13-2001 07:20:27 PM
quote:
Soldar had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Coming from a paladin...

(You know it's not a personal insult. I'm not capable of that.

Actually, it came from a naked dwarf, who's had his halls decked, and bells jingled....

My parents just came back from a planet where the dominant lifeform had no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this stupid F-Shirt
Olethros et Teleute
Everyone's favorite seven foot tall, orc-hating, bad-ass barbarian babe!
posted 12-13-2001 07:56:45 PM
Believe it or not, I actually haven't gotten Luclin : saw all it had to offer in Beta and to be honest I'm spending most of my time in Midgard and Hibernia now instead. I'm such a traitor!!!
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-13-2001 10:08:19 PM
I can't turn on all the models yet, but I like most of what I've seen.

I like how the Vah'Shir look. I LOVE the way my Vah'Shir warrior (male puma) looks in leather armor. The shading work to show the muscles on him is great! He really looks like a big, furry badass.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Aaniele
Pancake
posted 12-13-2001 11:18:48 PM
me...with 640 ram and the new texture cashing, its working GREAT!
"a friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body"
Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 12-13-2001 11:48:35 PM
*at time of writing, has approx 15 minutes left for the patcher to update her SoL installation before she can register and start playing*

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Troodon
Technology Luddite
posted 12-14-2001 12:39:30 AM
Don't have SoL yet, but saw my first Vah Shir since the models were fixed, in the bank in North Freeport. Was white and black instead of orange and black. Nice looking model. If it looks this good without SoL, imagine it'll look even better when I get it.

I know for a fact I'm getting it for Christmas (my parents asking if this is the correct game I want, then buying it, is kind of a clue). Question is if it's actually going under the tree or in my stocking. This determines if I can start playing it the night of Christmas Eve or have to wait until the morning of Christmas Day. (Our family opens all gifts to and from the immediate family on Christmas Eve, extended family on Christmas Day, unless a member of our extended family is actually with us, then we'll open any giftsd to or from them on Christmas Eve as well.)

Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 12-14-2001 01:18:24 AM
Yea, thats the only bad thing... I want my snazzy velious armor textures back!
And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Ayerine Angelyre
Pancake
posted 12-14-2001 03:41:31 AM
I think the armor looks great. . . I agree about the Wood Elf/Druid armor, though. And I'm a little dissapointed that the High Elven women's hair isn't a little longer when you choose the hair style that's not in a pony tail. . . .Especially when the pony tail appears to be twice as long as the hair does when OUT of the pony tail. (Hey, I'm a girl, I notice these things!)

[EDIT: Messin' around with my signature...]

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: Ayerine Angelyre ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: