EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Games I haven't beaten, but should have:
Maradon!
posted 10-16-2001 10:31:00 PM
Freespace 2
Diablo 2
Homeworld (should have gotten the expansion too)
Nocturne
Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption (two colons in a title!! ARREST THEM!)
Descent 3
Half-Life
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-16-2001 10:34:00 PM
Let's see...

BG 1
Diablo
Mechwarrior 3

There are more, but it's late and I'm tired.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-16-2001 10:34:00 PM
Slacker
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Maradon!
posted 10-16-2001 10:35:00 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop wrote, obviously thinking to hard:
Slacker

I know, I need to start taking my gaming more seriously.

More to the list:

Mechwarrior 2
Mechwarrior 3
Mechwarrior 4
Riven
Aliens Versus Predator

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-16-2001 10:37:00 PM
FFT
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-16-2001 10:39:00 PM
Addendum:

FF7
Warcraft 2 Expansion Pack

More failures to come, I'm sure.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-16-2001 10:42:00 PM
I've yet to even touch Front Mission 3 or Valkyrie Profile, but only because I've lost my taste for console gaming.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 10-16-2001 10:43:00 PM
For Console :

FF9,
FFT,
BOF4,
Medievil 2.

For PC :

Starcraft : Brood War,
Freespace 2,
Descent 3.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 10-16-2001 10:43:00 PM
I try not to think about which games I haven't beaten...

Cuz then I want to go beat them!

DILEMA.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-16-2001 10:45:00 PM
Almost everything I own.

Seeing an endgame is a rare thing, to me. I'm too damned fickle. I always start doing something else before I finish.

It'd be hella shorter to make a list of what I HAVE beaten.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Steven Steve
posted 10-16-2001 11:05:00 PM
FF7 (I got to the boss battle and never won :\)
Blood II: The Chosen
Hybrid Heaven
Shenmue

Some games that weren't so great to play through the SP were:
Unreal
Rune
Deus Ex

And I would almost say Serious Sam. It kinda teeters on the edge while playing single player. (It's more of a cooperative or multiplayer game.)

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 10-16-2001 11:21:00 PM
FF1, FF4, FF7, FF8, FFT, Vagrant Story, BoF3, Lunar, Lunar2, Sonic CD, Heavy Gear 2, Jedi Knight.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 10-16-2001 11:24:00 PM
quote:
ChibiDragon had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
FFT

That's not to say that I haven't failed to beat many other games. It's just the only one that I can think of that I should go back and beat. The others were not worth the effort.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Jraik Doomshadow
The Furry Iksar
posted 10-17-2001 06:07:00 AM
quote:
Maradön? wrote, obviously thinking to hard:
Half-Life

You never beat Half-Life!? Jeez, that's so easy to beat. What happened? Couldn't beat the final guy, or did the black ops kill you constantly?

Added to thread topic: I could never defeat Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves for NES....that's about it.

There is an ancient Iksar saying, that something lasts only as long as the last person remembers it. My people have come to trust memory over history. Memory, like fire, is radiant and immutable. Those who renounce the flame of memory in order to put out the dangerous fire of truth: Beware these men, for they are dangerous themselves... and unwise. There are false histories written on the blood of those who might remember, and on those who seek the truth.
Jraik Doomshadow
Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 10-17-2001 06:17:00 AM
quote:
Maradön? impressed everyone with:
Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption (two colons in a title!! ARREST THEM!)

That game needs a little redemption of it's own. Diablo in 3D. At least the dialogue/voice acting is good. I like how there are multiple endings, however.

Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-17-2001 07:30:00 AM
Chrono Cross
BoF4 (but I probably won't cause the game sucks later on)
Wild Arms 2
Deception 2 and 3
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Melyodas Darkender
Pancake
posted 10-17-2001 07:36:00 AM
Multiple Endings in Vampire the Masquarade? how many... is it just 2? or is it more then that?
I personally like V:tM:tR alot. though the 2 undertitles are alittle bit over the top.

It took me a while before i actually got into the game, since i started, but once i got into the game i finished it in a week or two (lots of powerleveling, too bad i didnt know i couldnt get past level 8 because of the exp cap)

I bought fallout 2 but havent even started it yet.

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Melyodas Darkender ]

I LIKE MILK
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-17-2001 07:41:00 AM
*needs to play BoF3 again*
Aaron (the good one)
posted 10-17-2001 07:43:00 AM
PICO
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Steven Steve
posted 10-17-2001 07:51:00 AM
quote:
Mr.Delid™ had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
PICO

I beat all of those. O_o

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-17-2001 10:04:00 AM
People here never beat FreeSpace 2? Damn, you're missing some of the best ending missions in space sim history.
Razor
posted 10-17-2001 10:08:00 AM
Way to many to say, but I have finished all the Quake series and Halflife missions
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Dead Tired
Is usually a girl
posted 10-17-2001 10:12:00 AM
quote:
Zephyer had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Almost everything I own.

Seeing an endgame is a rare thing, to me. I'm too damned fickle. I always start doing something else before I finish.

It'd be hella shorter to make a list of what I HAVE beaten.

I hear ya!

I'm the same way

Riversong
Pancake
posted 10-17-2001 10:12:00 AM
I'm with Zephyer, I usually start another game or something else entirely before I finish the one I'm working on.

In my case though by the time I get back to the game I've forgotten where I was headed or what was going on in the story when I put it down, and then I just don't feel like starting over and figuring out what I was doing.

~*Riversong Averangel*~
56th level wandering bard on SolRo

image from: BlueRaven's Vault

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-17-2001 11:06:00 AM
quote:
Riversong had this to say about Pirotess:
I'm with Zephyer, I usually start another game or something else entirely before I finish the one I'm working on.

In my case though by the time I get back to the game I've forgotten where I was headed or what was going on in the story when I put it down, and then I just don't feel like starting over and figuring out what I was doing.

Exactly...by the time I'm in the mood to play it again, I feel like I need to restart the game 'cause I've been gone too long.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Kanid
BANNED
posted 10-17-2001 11:10:00 AM
I beat the games I play before I play new ones usually. Never beat Alice though, and no longer have the game.

The only game I've not been able to beat, because of how hard it is, is the best platform game ever made. Shadow of the Beast. I only know 1 person who was able to beat it.

"Unlike adults, children have little need to deceive themselves." - Goethe
Happiness is subjective, subject yourself to it whenever possible.
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." - John Barrymore
Wise men still seek Him.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: