EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A little EQ help please...
Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 08-29-2001 01:30:00 PM
I need varied and creative ideas on where a level 18 bard can hunt succesfully. Many otherwise cool ideas will be axed by the fact I play on SZ.

Please, tell me there is somewhere besides High Hold...

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 08-29-2001 01:33:00 PM
if your on SZ high hold dont like it leave

srry or goto RE
thats about all newts have at them levels on SZ

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Cadga the Confused Monkey ]

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Riversong
Pancake
posted 08-29-2001 01:33:00 PM
I had my bard in Lake Rathe at that level...with a partner though.
~*Riversong Averangel*~
56th level wandering bard on SolRo

image from: BlueRaven's Vault

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 08-29-2001 01:42:00 PM
Lake Rathe... you should be able to take the hermit. Not too good exp, but a tucked away spot, and most people who would camp him is probably in their 15's.
Maradon!
posted 08-29-2001 02:06:00 PM
It's a pity, Kunark newbie zones are the greatest. I guess that's why I'm told evils outnumber goods like ten to one
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-29-2001 02:22:00 PM
Lake Rathe, definately

Max out swimming and keep the water song ready, just in case.

Do aviaks, I reccommend the 2 aviaks either near the hermit (Tucked away but little room to fight) or the island that is at around... oh... 45 degrees east if you are standing in the arena entrance looking out at the lake

You can get bound in Arena, making corpse runs easier, and the island is a little ways out. Great exp till 20,21. Loot is mediocre, occassional bronze and change, but all the mobs are static and there is almost NEVER anything in the water you should be concerned about.

Trouble? Dive in the water, turn on the water song and head straight for the bottom, cruise around down there for a while until said person gives up

Plus there are merchants within sight of the islands, a Gypsy camp, which also sells all the essentials, bandages, food, water, booze (heh)

[ 08-29-2001: Message edited by: Vorago ]

Vorago
posted 08-29-2001 02:31:00 PM
After Aviaks no longer become great exp (And they are for your level) move to South karana at the aviak city
Riversong
Pancake
posted 08-29-2001 03:30:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Vorago:
there is almost NEVER anything in the water you should be concerned about.

If you go near the middle, by the three spawn tower, that goblin (can't remmber his name) that drops the water crystal staff...is pretty nasty for your level. There are also a couple of other higher level mobs. But if you stay near the hermit, both two spawn islands, arena, and basically any edge you should be perfectly safe.

~*Riversong Averangel*~
56th level wandering bard on SolRo

image from: BlueRaven's Vault

Vorago
posted 08-29-2001 03:56:00 PM
Yeah, but if you go off swimming into the middle of nowhere then it's your own fault. I spent 5 levels there with Kharak and 4 there with Vorago, most I saw was a single green aqua goblin that I gave 2400 copper to
Hireko
posted 08-29-2001 07:24:00 PM
Thanks guys, I'll have to run on down there and see how well evil is holding it.

Cadga - yeah, the hunting zones for late teens owned by neutral are pretty slim.

Maradon - they may have Kunark, but we have Velious... now all I have to do is become 30ish level

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 08-29-2001 07:52:00 PM
Find someone to hunt with in The Overthere (Overwhere? Overthere! Overwhere?!)
I got my Holy Twenty there ^_^
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 08-29-2001 08:56:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Maradon?:
It's a pity, Kunark *snip* zones are the greatest. I guess that's why I'm told evils outnumber goods like ten to one

Extra word in there

Hireko
posted 08-29-2001 09:00:00 PM
I would Kevkit, but that's much to far into Kunark for neutrals to venture. The day we take OT as a hunting grounds, every evil character will reroll as good to try and smoke us again because they've lost soundly.

We take our shots at LoIO, but only to pvp not to XP.

Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 08-29-2001 09:06:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hireko:
I would Kevkit, but that's much to far into Kunark for neutrals to venture. The day we take OT as a hunting grounds, every evil character will reroll as good to try and smoke us again because they've lost soundly.

We take our shots at LoIO, but only to pvp not to XP.

My bad. I didnt see the SZ at the top. Hmm... How about Befallen or the Karanas? Forgive me if my knowledge of Gankmeplz Zek is a little rusty

Hireko
posted 08-29-2001 09:08:00 PM
Np Kev, only us Druid Zekkers know the zone breakdown of Necro Zek.

I'm hunting EK/HHP right now.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: