EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: "When it comes to skirts, make mine a mini..." AGH!
Lashanna
noob
posted 08-11-2001 05:45:00 PM
OK, Has anyone here seen that Gap Miniskirt Commercial? That woman grates on my nerves like you wouldn't believe!!!

Something about her voice, the inflection, the emphasis, the way she says those stupid lines.... It weasles its way into my brain and bothers me!

It's not like I have anything about Miniskirts...

But the woman!! She's Evil! The Way she looks at the camera, the way she walks, the way she talks...

OK, I think I'm over the insanity... But this commercial has been bothering me... Anyone else feel the same way?

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Suddar Williams
SUDAR WILAMS
posted 08-11-2001 05:46:00 PM
Actually, I agree.

And those miniskirts look fucking retarded.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 08-11-2001 06:16:00 PM
I concur.

Thenagain, most commercials are so... so... Cheesy, that... I just want to... RIPS SOMEONES NUTS OUT THROUGH THEIR MOUTH!!!!! AAARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 08-11-2001 06:21:00 PM
TV? People still use that?
Faldrick
All about the members
posted 08-11-2001 07:44:00 PM
More legs, less cost!
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 08-11-2001 07:54:00 PM
I've yet to be driven mad by the context of any commercial. However, sheer overexposure to some commercials and songs can drive me over the brink.

To this day people who know me are extra-special careful to not let me hear Barenaked Ladies' "One Week".

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 08-11-2001 08:10:00 PM
The annoyance has gotten to me also.
LeMiere
posted 08-11-2001 08:34:00 PM
Oh my gawd!! I like, SOOOO hate those commercials! They tick me off sooo much. That lady is just extremely annoying to all hell!
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 08-11-2001 08:35:00 PM
Find it on the web for me, I don't watch tv!
Daniel Gow
The Official "Whasap" Bear
posted 08-11-2001 08:36:00 PM
Heh heh....

Have you seen the Mervins (sp? it's been a long day...loooong day...) ad with the absolute yuppie BITCH....eck, I hate her more then anyone else...

Kloie
tunactsunamooon
posted 08-11-2001 08:51:00 PM
I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-11-2001 09:11:00 PM
TV?

Mortious has been implanted to his computer chair. It now feeds him nutrients and takes away his waste. He never has to leave the computer again

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 08-11-2001 09:12:00 PM
Mort likes 'em miniskirts.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 08-11-2001 09:16:00 PM
I'm sure for the sake of everyone, I shall not buy a miniskirt so I too, can have that look.
The Last Strider
I will die alone
posted 08-11-2001 09:16:00 PM
Is the Gap even IN Britan? I though Only Americans were capable of that stupidity.
"We have listened to you speak since the dawn of time, and we have learned to imatoot you exarktly."-The Simpsons

Necromancer: How DARE you imply that I was involved in a rude act with my undead servant! I will flay the flesh from your bones! I will summon a thousand maggot-ridden corpses to gnaw your flesh! I will trap your soul in-
Ghoul: My ass hurts.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-11-2001 09:29:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Parcelan:
Mort likes 'em miniskirts.

Yes, yes I do. But I don't like the ones that are so short it makes the wearer look like a prostitute

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 08-11-2001 09:30:00 PM
Are you concerned that we think you're a prostitute, Mort? Your skirts aren't that short.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-11-2001 09:52:00 PM
I'm a man, a man who like to wear skirts. Is that really so bad?! Why won't society leave me alone!
Tenet
Thinks popular is cool
posted 08-12-2001 12:43:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by The Last Strider:
Is the Gap even IN Britan? I though Only Americans were capable of that stupidity.

I thought it was Old Navy that did those commercials?

Well, either way I agree.

Why does everyone say my name like it means 'shut-up'??!" -Jubilee
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 08-12-2001 01:13:00 AM
She looks like an Airhead...
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Steven Steve
posted 08-12-2001 01:29:00 AM
Yay capitalism!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 08-12-2001 08:07:00 AM
Old Navy..errghh

That old, coke bottle eyeglass wearin hag ...erghh..I ph34r her..

-KD

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Daniel Gow
The Official "Whasap" Bear
posted 08-12-2001 08:21:00 AM
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to bury that memory but you brought it back!! AIEEE!!

I hate that Old Navy woman...grrr...grumble grumble....death knives daggers...grrr....

Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 08-12-2001 11:10:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KaLourin DthBlayde:
Old Navy..errghh

That old, coke bottle eyeglass wearin hag ...erghh..I ph34r her..

-KD

what about that 300 pound oriental woman? ya know the one that acts like a chicken

i hate TV

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-12-2001 05:36:00 PM
I just noticed the "when it comes to skirts, make mine a mini" chica. She has a weird lisp.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-12-2001 05:58:00 PM
Why do they even bother making these stupid commercials? Then again, I dont think EQ players are really their target audience.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Riversong
Pancake
posted 08-12-2001 06:46:00 PM
I tend to find that most Old Navy and Gap commercials seem to have that hatred/insanity effect on me. I think if anything they are only making people NOT want to buy their products simply because of how annoying they make them out to be.
~*Riversong Averangel*~
56th level wandering bard on SolRo

image from: BlueRaven's Vault

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: