EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Note the tag...
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-14-2003 09:15:01 PM
D&D's the only system for comparitive dragon studies

Anything else is inherently flawed because every religious/mythological system has a different definition of what dragons are. None of them, however, depict dragons with boobs, interestingly enough.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 01-14-2003 09:22:58 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
D&D's the only system for comparitive dragon studies

Anything else is inherently flawed because every religious/mythological system has a different definition of what dragons are. None of them, however, depict dragons with boobs, interestingly enough.

No comment.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-14-2003 09:26:27 PM
Let me guess, Alek, you play Rifts. Or Shadowrun. Heaven help all roleplayers.

Don't you have someone to psi-blast or a telekinetic circle-jerk to go to or something? he asked for it!

Spoiler tag is for spoilers only.

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Drysart ]

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

nem-x
posted 01-14-2003 09:29:24 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:

Don't you have someone to psi-blast or a telekinetic circle-jerk to go to or something? he asked for it!

OMG SPIILOILERS

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 01-14-2003 09:29:32 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Robocop:

You are so banned.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-14-2003 09:29:41 PM
omg spoiler tag deth ban ban ban
Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-14-2003 09:31:31 PM
Thank you for taking the Rules Enforcer's Challenge.

You lose.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 01-14-2003 09:34:26 PM
Wait, so can I jump out of the bushes now and yell

SNOOTA AND KEG WILL BE BANNED!!111

?

Disclaimer: I am not saying this, just asking!

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-14-2003 09:35:02 PM
erk...sorry Drys.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 01-14-2003 09:35:45 PM
That was wacky.
The World is Yours
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 01-14-2003 09:37:38 PM
quote:
Drysart's fortune cookie read:

You lose.

Thank you for taking a joke seriously.

edit: Awww, I can't stay mad at you.

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Kegwen. ]

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-14-2003 09:39:08 PM
Who will be my sheep now?

nem-x
posted 01-14-2003 09:39:34 PM
Where's the severe penalties?

And why isn't this bar full!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-14-2003 09:43:24 PM
Those pictures give an entirely different perspective on the phrase, "Does it make you horny?"

Why has a pun this bad been left unsaid until now?

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-14-2003 09:44:35 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Drysart:

You lose.

I thought if you called someone on a ban and they got banned, you don't get banned?

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-14-2003 09:44:38 PM
quote:
Kegwen.'s account was hax0red to write:
Thank you for taking a joke seriously.

One that is specifically prohibited. It's not funny. It never was funny. It pisses me off. Don't do it.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-14-2003 09:45:10 PM
quote:
Blindy McBlinderson thought about the meaning of life:
I thought if you called someone on a ban and they got banned, you don't get banned?

Right so if Deth was banned, they'd both be winners. But he didn't, and they're not.

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Drysart ]

nem-x
posted 01-14-2003 09:45:54 PM
quote:
Blindy McBlinderson had this to say about Optimus Prime:

But he didn't get banned. He just got his post edited, which is not severe! SEVERE! whahrhawraw

Naota Nandaba
posted 01-14-2003 09:46:47 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Cuba:
One that is specifically prohibited. It's not funny. It never was funny. It pisses me off. Don't do it.

I like you better when you're in a good mood.

edit: Oh well, no worse off than I was a few days ago.

Only the ordinary.
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-14-2003 09:50:34 PM
quote:
Drysart was naked while typing this:
Right so if Deth was banned, they'd both be winners. But he didn't, and they're not.

OH i thought he was calling frog on the ban thing, not deth. My bad.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-14-2003 09:52:47 PM
hmmm...well sorry for dragging this mess into this thread, in any case, and sorry again for triggering off one of the new rules, Drys.

*goes to the linked thread to ask a question*

Suddar
posted 01-14-2003 10:41:57 PM
But they both broke a rule with a punishment of banning and yet only one group gets banned. They were both sticky threads, so they both should know, so this enforcement seems a little uneven, but hey.
***HOWEVER***
I will not persue my opinion any further than this in public. I don't have a problem with the act of moderation, but I am definitely curious as to what makes the difference.

[ 01-14-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Naota Nandaba
posted 01-14-2003 10:43:47 PM
quote:
Suddar's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
But they both broke a rule with a punishment of banning and yet only one group gets banned. They were both sticky threads, so they both should know, so this enforcement seems a little uneven, but hey.

The punishment for misuse of the spoiler tag isn't banning, hence why our posts were obviously made in jest.

Drysart just doesn't find that funny. At all.

Only the ordinary.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 01-14-2003 10:45:09 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
Or Shadowrun.

Shadowrun was a good game.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Suddar
posted 01-14-2003 10:49:31 PM
quote:
Kegwen. said this about your mom:
The punishment for misuse of the spoiler tag isn't banning, hence why our posts were obviously made in jest.

Drysart just doesn't find that funny. At all.

I was under the impression that "severe punishment" meant mostly "bannable offense." As far as I know it's the first offense of either kind and thus if one would warrent a warning before going full-bore then so does the other.

But if it's NOT a bannable offense than okay. That's cool too.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-15-2003 12:22:56 AM
I just noticed the white-on-red MOD tag. Are we allowed to use that, or does the fact that the tag is called MOD mean that only a MOD is allowed to use it?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Naota Nandaba
posted 01-15-2003 12:28:07 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Ford Prefect!
I just noticed the white-on-red MOD tag. Are we allowed to use that, or does the fact that the tag is called MOD mean that only a MOD is allowed to use it?

I tried. We can't. It just bolds it.

Only the ordinary.
Suddar
posted 01-15-2003 12:29:27 AM

EAT ME UBB

[ 01-15-2003: Message edited by: Suddar ]

Gadani
U
posted 01-15-2003 12:36:49 AM
did you carve that into a bathroom stall door?

Suddar
posted 01-15-2003 12:38:01 AM
Oh no, I didn't. I'm not quite that much of a flagrant vandel yet.
Gadani
U
posted 01-15-2003 12:38:52 AM
ah. ok
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 01-15-2003 12:50:57 AM
quote:
Super Kagrama had this to say about (_|_):

Shadowrun was a good game.

Shadowrun, like Rifts, could be MADE into a good game, but as it was when it came out in the most recent edition, they set rules, then set the rules on how to break them (negative essence, for one). It fell into the Rifts mindset that every new sourcebook that came out had to open up new doors that gave players an excuse to break rules laid out in the previous ruleset. The weapons became increasingly ludicrous, the vehicles were getting very out of hand (A hovertank should never cost less than a moderately tweaked out car, I don't care what game it is), and cybernetics were, to be blunt, broken, but only to keep up with how you could spank the system to jazz up your Physical Adept.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cyberpunk genre. If the person running the Shadowrun game puts a lot of effort into it and keeps tight rein on what he/she will or will not allow the players to get away with, then it's still a great game. But as it is straight off the shelf, it's a baaaaaad system, and the sourcebooks don't help it get any better. I've played in good Shadowrun games. I loved the good ones, but most aren't good...they're bad. You go in looking for the experience you got out of Neuromancer or Burning Chrome or whatever and you get a game of urban warfare with elves, orcs, and trolls.

Genericgirl
Generictitle
posted 01-15-2003 06:08:08 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
Shadowrun, like Rifts, could be MADE into a good game, ..... (clip)...I've played in good Shadowrun games. I loved the good ones, but most aren't good...they're bad. You go in looking for the experience you got out of Neuromancer or Burning Chrome or whatever and you get a game of urban warfare with elves, orcs, and trolls.

VERY well said!!

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-15-2003 01:52:04 PM
Shadowrun has a great, great background. I love it.
The rules however suck.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: