EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Holiday Timing
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-06-2004 12:36:22 PM
It has come to my attention that the last two Friday evenings of this year are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. With the current scheduling, those times would contain sessions of Katrinity's D&D game and my own D&D game, respectively. However, a lot of people have commitments on those nights. Rather than trying to sort this out individually, please post here if you have plans for either or both nights.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-06-2004 03:26:31 PM
My game is off on Christmas Eve. I will be busy with family gatherings and whatnot and won't be back in till pretty late.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Taylen
Pancake
posted 12-06-2004 05:45:57 PM
I would prefer not to have games on either night personally. I usually go to church with family on christmas eve, and usually hang around with my family on new years eve. I'd rather not be forced into the choice between that and playing D&D.

Taylen fucked around with this message on 12-06-2004 at 05:46 PM.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 12-06-2004 08:20:47 PM
Sorry to say, but I would rather not have to worry about it at these times. Maybe you can switch up the schedule in such a way to have your game fall on New Years? Like, on the off Friday? Just a thought.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-06-2004 08:51:00 PM
Considering the nature of the time (no school, holiday vacations abounding) would it not be possible to reschedule for a different day in the week? I'm open for the New Year's Eve game, but since it seems very few other people are I'd prefer to have it some other time rather than simply not have it at all.
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 12-06-2004 09:42:12 PM
I'm working personaly, so better just take a 2 week vacation form DnD I guess =)
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-07-2004 10:03:00 AM
I will have off Christmas Day and New Year's Day. This company may close early (like around 2-3PM) on New Year's Eve and Christmas Eve, but they'll be open on those days. (I still have to make sure I have the day of NYE off.) I don't get any other days off, though I don't work Sundays. While Christmas isn't a big deal for me, it is for most people, so I can see that weekend being gameless. Since three of my players have opted out of NYE (I think) and I'd rather have that evening to spend with friends locally, I won't try to run a session then either.

I'll consider running a session on New Year's Day or the day after (Sunday) if at least four of my players would be in attendance. A Sunday session would have to end at 10PM (US EST) like our normal games, while a Saturday game wouldn't have a rigid time limit. Anyone in my group who is available on either New Year's Day or the day after, and would like to play, please post what times you're free.

Kat, if my group opts out for the weekend of Jan 1st/2nd, would you want to run?

Reyolen: Who are you talking to, Katrinity or me?

Drakkenmaw: School people get vacation, but most companies only close for a couple days (particularly since the holidays fall on Friday/Saturday). This means I don't have the option of running on a weekday. Katrinity may be able to run a weekday session, but I could only attend for a few hours during the evening.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-07-2004 10:53:22 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by `Doc:
Kat, if my group opts out for the weekend of Jan 1st/2nd, would you want to run?

Reyolen: Who are you talking to, Katrinity or me?

1) No. I'll be busy with friends and family around New Years eve/day too.

2) He isn't in my game so I doubt he would be talking to me.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-07-2004 11:10:37 AM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Katrinity is getting drunk!
2) He isn't in my game so I doubt he would be talking to me.
You better let him answer, because he asked for the schedule to be changed so that whoever he was talking to would be running New Year's Eve.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-07-2004 11:57:36 AM
quote:
`Doc wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
You better let him answer, because he asked for the schedule to be changed so that whoever he was talking to would be running New Year's Eve.

Reread it.

quote:
Sorry to say, but I would rather not have to worry about it at these times. Maybe you can switch up the schedule in such a way to have your game fall on New Years? Like, on the off Friday? Just a thought.b]

He is talking about maybe another game a while back that ya'll switched schedules. And New Years Day is different than Eve.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 12-07-2004 at 11:59 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-07-2004 12:10:24 PM
quote:
See, your Katrinity means your hair. So technically it's true.
He is talking about maybe another game a while back that ya'll switched schedules. And New Years Day is different than Eve.
But New Year's Day is Saturday, so to switch would mean you running your game on New Year's Eve (the aforementioned friday). If he was talking to me and meant moving my game one day later, it would have nothing to do with when we swapped weeks back in spring. That would leave the reference to 'friday' completely unexplained.

»»»» ««««

`Doc fucked around with this message on 12-07-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-07-2004 12:37:14 PM
He's not talking to me.

He must be drinking the Moonshine.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-07-2004 02:56:14 PM
The Sunday after New Year's is completely open for me. Actual New Year's Day is a complete unknown to me right this moment - usually we don't do anything big, but we may end up going to visit relatives. I hope not, though.

So New Year's Day times would be best-off starting later than usual, just in case. Sunday is free to start and end as usual.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 12-08-2004 08:24:40 AM
I still stand on the "2 weeks" vacation personaly, I'm working weekends and frenckly, need sleep.

but don't let me stop you from having a game if you like =)

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 12-09-2004 10:45:12 PM
Hmm, I think I worded that poorly, but it was more for content, not exact language. I've been writing quite a bit of essays lately, so I can get a bit confused. Actually, it was more for general advise, but I was more speaking to Doc. New Years Eve, Day, whatever

Anyway, we can take two weeks off if that's what people want. I just think I might forget what we were doing.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: