EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Thoughts after a day?
Alaan
posted 10-30-2003 07:05:52 PM
Well, you've all had a full day to play it now, so what is the inital review of the game? Very little talk about that around here...
Captain Hagrid Starcrust III
Pancake
posted 10-30-2003 11:04:41 PM
I think I'm enjoying this more than I've enjoyed any MMORPG, ever.

Not since my MUD days have I had this much fun.

Tally of foods I haven't fucked up:
  • Grilled Cheese
  • Home Fries
  • Tuna Salad Sandwich
  • Hard boiled egg
    Live Journaley Goodness
  • Eumin!
    Pancake
    posted 10-30-2003 11:43:33 PM
    At first ... Very dissapointed. Using the mouse to move around was driving me insane. The loot for groups seemed like whoever got the kill shot.

Then I started to learn. Hey, use the num pad to move around! That made the game 100x more fun. Guess what? The game has a built in /random system for doing loot, or you can pass! Freaking own.

I absolutly love the battle system. Althought at first I was going nuts trying to click select peoples names with f1-5, then using the menu to heal. So many deaths! Then I figured out the macro system. Alt 1, heal myself, Alt 2-6, heal group member of said number. Ctrl 1? Benediction!

I am loving this. Although solo play is slow and tiresome, for a WHM at least.

Also have soo many items, and no idea what is quest stuff, and if so, where to take it.

Playing EQ for 4 years, you kinda get used to it. Switching over to something that has a lot of diffrences was driving me nuts. . old habits die hard, I guess.

Talonus
    Loner
    posted 10-30-2003 11:44:03 PM
    My only bad thought that stands out right now; I loathe the fucking interface. Other than that, it seems all good.
    Bajah
    Thooooooor
    posted 10-30-2003 11:51:46 PM
    I am enjoying it a hell of a lot too busy playing to say more, sorry.
    JooJooFlop
    Hungry Hungry Hippo
    posted 10-30-2003 11:53:12 PM
    I'd like it more if I knew I was supposed to start in Windurst if I wanted to get a group.
    I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
    Talonus
    Loner
    posted 10-31-2003 12:00:17 AM
    quote:
    This one time, at JooJooFlop camp:
    I'd like it more if I knew I was supposed to start in Windurst if I wanted to get a group.

Coulda sworn it was said a couple times in a couple threads. *shrugs*

Eumin, for quest stuff scroll down to my post about Windurst quests. The board there has quest listings for all three kingdoms. Its good stuff.

Faelynn LeAndris
    Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
    posted 10-31-2003 12:14:03 AM
    quote:
    Talonus had this to say about Optimus Prime:
    Coulda sworn it was said a couple times in a couple threads. *shrugs*

Eumin, for quest stuff scroll down to my post about Windurst quests. The board there has quest listings for all three kingdoms. Its good stuff.

Find out what to do with with all my damn Beastman Seals. OMG. Driving me nuts.

My LAUNCHCast Station
    "Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
    I got lost for an hour and became god.
    Ryutsuke
    Pancake
    posted 10-31-2003 01:04:29 AM
    I think the beastmen seal are used in a quest and you have to trade like over 40 or 50 to complete the quest.
    matvey
    Pancake
    posted 10-31-2003 01:17:24 AM
    Well...have picked up a few things.

1) Don't trust it when they say 'even match'. That means even match for a warrior or monk. Anything else and you may or may not get toasted. I've had even matches go well; I've had an even match wipe the floor with me quickly.

2) Death can drop you to the previous level.

3) Money comes way slooooow. I'm hoping the level 5 Thief ability will improve that a bit.

I think I'll enjoy it more when I'm getting beat on less. :I

Matvey
    "Brevity is the soul of wit."
    All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: