EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: It's the waiting that sucks...
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-10-2003 06:38:13 AM
I got me a brand new 160gig harddrive since my puny 10 gig wouldn't be able to support FFXI, which I got a week ago. Harddrive came in the mail yesterday but I unfortunately have no knowledge of how to install it and the way things are looking, the soonest I'd be able to take it to this friend of my dad's to get it installed would be Saturday.

Bleh... :/

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-10-2003 07:00:17 AM
Better to have it done right, Azy.

I had to wait 4 months to get my new PC so I could play games without locking up

[ 12-10-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Valso
Pancake
posted 12-10-2003 03:38:46 PM
Harddrives are easy... FInd something that allows it to plug into the motherboard, make sure you have it screwed into your tower properly. Plug power back in and restart... if it doesn't show up, you rinse and repeat with a different motherboard slot

ie) as long as you don't unplug your main harddrive, it should work, or at least won't break anything. Once plugged in, you'll have to format the harddrive, due to it being fresh. Depending on which OS you have, there will be some optiont to do this automatically, or you can make a boot disk and >fdisk it. (Just don't format your main harddrive...)

(blank)
Alaan
posted 12-10-2003 08:17:14 PM
You will also have to set the jumper on the back of it. A little plastic piece that slides over 2 pins. You will want it set to Slave. What OS you running? That will affect how you format/partition.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 12-23-2003 08:47:44 PM
Well, finally got most of mynew harddrive installed and have installed FFXI. Right now, I'm updating my PlayOnline Viewer...
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: