EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: FFXI Green thumbs. Post if you've planted things.
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-23-2003 06:25:11 PM
I'm working on a spreadsheet for gardening since I can't find anything on the matter. So far I've found that Herb + water = lighting crystals, Herb + lightning = water crystals, Herb + fire = Rhakam peppers, and Grain + water = blue peas.

Post your combinations and yields here so I can remove the mystery from this. I'm especially looking for the combination that yields fire crystals. My guess is that ???? + Ice = Fire Crystals and ???? + Fire = Ice Crystals.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
nem-x
posted 11-23-2003 06:39:56 PM
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 11-23-2003 07:09:08 PM
Damn, I did not find that.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Skaw
posted 11-24-2003 01:27:45 AM
As well, I think days(FFXI days, Fires, Waters, Lights, etc) planted, fed, and harvested are variables in gardening.
Maradon!
posted 11-24-2003 12:35:00 PM
As far as I know

earthware pot + grain seeds + earth crystal = 10 taru rice

earthware pot + grain seeds + wind crystal = 8 millicorn

Eumin!
Pancake
posted 11-25-2003 02:08:03 PM
quote:
How.... Maradon!.... uughhhhhh:
As far as I know

earthware pot + grain seeds + earth crystal = 10 taru rice

earthware pot + grain seeds + wind crystal = 8 millicorn

I got 20 millicorn for that once....

Alaan
posted 11-25-2003 06:37:13 PM
Did you check on it like mad? Apparently better care gives better results.
Wadaf
Pancake
posted 12-07-2003 12:52:40 PM
http://ffxi.game-host.org/eriwilde/ffxi/

Go to Production, Cultivation. A little bit confusing, but I think these formulas seem right. I checked several results (from diff boards saying which pot, crystal and seeds) and she got the results right.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-07-2003 06:22:47 PM
I've used the same combinations several times in a row, and yielded different results almost everytime. In fact I have yet to an item more than once except for I got water crystals as a result twice (From two different combinations), and I started writing down just exactly what I planted and when.

No matter what you do there still seems to be a significant amount of randomness involved.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Wadaf
Pancake
posted 12-07-2003 08:29:54 PM
Its randomness with a pattern. There are only 3-4 different items you can get from a combination(Seed-Crystal). The pot you planted it in seems to affect the length it stays alive (not how fast it grows) and the amount of items you get. Brass-gives you more fire/Bastok items, etc. Its all on that site I posted.... well it might not be correct, but the site is trustworthy enough to put up information that is least partially correct.

Let's say you want Saruta Cotton. You would use an earthen pot(seemingly it you use a pot that is native to that region(Saruta cotton comes from Sarutabaruta, so does the Earthen Pot). From the chart, it seems that it mostly comes from (Seed) + Ice Crystal. Well Herb + Ice Crystal is the fastest growing combination that would give you the cotton. In that chart, there is 2 possibilities, Wind Crystals and Saruta Cotton. I'm guessing Saruta Cotton is the high quality item while the booby prize is Wind Crystals, so to get the high quality item, you would need to plant the Herb Seeds on Ice or Wind day, and feed the crystal to the plant on Ice day.

Wadaf
Pancake
posted 01-04-2004 11:09:41 PM
bump for gardening info, check my above post.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: