EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anyone get their copies today?
nem-x
posted 10-28-2003 12:37:32 PM
WQUESTION QQWESOTION WUESTIONS?/1/1/!
Balinore
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 01:16:00 PM
I just got off the phone with my local EB they said it would be in tomorrow.
Eumin!
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 01:21:49 PM
Mine told me it would be on shelves at 1pm.

I will be there at like noon, heh.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-28-2003 01:41:14 PM
Id still suggest giving it a day before jumping in -- hopefully they have new servers opened by then
Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 10-28-2003 01:41:21 PM
quote:
Balinore had this to say about (_|_):
I just got off the phone with my local EB they said it would be in tomorrow.
Eumin!
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 02:24:27 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr was listening to Cher while typing:
Id still suggest giving it a day before jumping in -- hopefully they have new servers opened by then

Yeah.. You are probably right.

I'll try to hold off a day .. buuuut.. Holy crap do I want to play.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-28-2003 02:39:18 PM
quote:
Eumin Enchantiflyer was naked while typing this:
Yeah.. You are probably right.

I'll try to hold off a day .. buuuut.. Holy crap do I want to play.

Well, I'm trying to possibly find someone on an established server that can loan us the gil to get going and get everyone invited on, that way we dont have to make money before we can invite more on. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Eumin!
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 02:50:01 PM
Alright. I will keep trolling every once and a while to check on updates from you. Except when I go buy it, heh. I'll have to try and distract myself from ripping the box open and playing. Maybe I will install and patch, then go play PS2 or something.

Worst case, I break down and make a charecter. I'm weak, it could happen, if it does, I'll gather info about world pass prices, ect. I'll get workin on gil to, if I happen to land on a good server, and everything works out, I'd be glad to help bring people over.

I keep looking around for server information, and all I can find is this:

quote:
Q. Will there be any new Worlds [servers] created in FFXI for subscribers to the North American version?

A. Currently, we have no plans to do so. When service begins, it will be possible to create characters in the already existing worlds [servers]. FINAL FANTASY XI is a cross continent game where players are able to communicate and play with/against other players from around the World. We will be creating new Worlds [servers] however as needed to accommodate our customers and provide an appropriate player to World balance.

That bugs me. But also something that intrests me.. "It will be Possible to create characters in the already existing worlds .."

Does that mean it will also be possible to create in new worlds? Or is this just a bad case of mis-speak?

Only time will tell!!

Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 10-28-2003 03:17:13 PM
I'm hoping one of my local stores will have it in, but Best Buy said they would get it around November 2nd, and I haven't checked GameStop yet. I may wait a day or so to play, thanks to DAoC.
Moo.
Eumin!
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 04:30:38 PM
So .. I drive on over, walk in about 1:10. I am extactic, I can't wait to get this game. (what can I say, I'm an addict.) The guy that works there, he knows who I am. Hes a nice guy, so I walk up to him, and say "Cough up Final Fantasy eleven!"

Of corse, the shipment has not arrived yet! Told me to either check back later on today, before they close, or that it will definatly be here tomorrow. I then proceed to drop to the ground and throw a temper tantrum. Okay, maybe not. But I was dissapointed it wasn't there, like I was told. I think there may have been some confusion with that store though, cause every other EB has it arriving tomorrow in their computers. Just my EB had it in the computers wrong.

Now .. what the heck to do for the rest of the day? Sigh.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 10-28-2003 04:56:47 PM
My friends and I are getting it tomorrow (Ryutsuke didn't grab a preorder though so we're hoping they'll be nice and give me or a friend two copies).

And yeah, I've been flipping out to my friends about the server stuff. I'm hoping Square will just go "OH SHIT AMERICA HAS A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT THIS GAME" and make a few servers.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-28-2003 05:10:01 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Eumin Enchantiflyer stammered:
So .. I drive on over, walk in about 1:10. I am extactic, I can't wait to get this game. (what can I say, I'm an addict.) The guy that works there, he knows who I am. Hes a nice guy, so I walk up to him, and say "Cough up Final Fantasy eleven!"

Of corse, the shipment has not arrived yet! Told me to either check back later on today, before they close, or that it will definatly be here tomorrow. I then proceed to drop to the ground and throw a temper tantrum. Okay, maybe not. But I was dissapointed it wasn't there, like I was told. I think there may have been some confusion with that store though, cause every other EB has it arriving tomorrow in their computers. Just my EB had it in the computers wrong.

Now .. what the heck to do for the rest of the day? Sigh.

Buy and play Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain like I am

Chugga
Pancake
posted 10-28-2003 06:45:00 PM
I'm half tempted to not even bother with this just because we have to play with people already high level. I might not be playing this just yet Fal, get me later for the world pass.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-28-2003 08:06:54 PM
The Fred Meyer here had the DAoC expansion on their list of Oct. 28th releases (it wasn't there) but FFXI wasn't.

If it's not there tomorrow I might just go down and check some stores farther away.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Suddar
posted 10-28-2003 08:54:29 PM
I imagine they're going to throw up the emergency-overload-holycrappeople servers. In which case I'm going to try to land on one, or get a worldpass to one.

I'm sorry, Fal, but I really don't want to play on an already established server. That's just a horrible idea.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-28-2003 09:07:41 PM
quote:
Suddar stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I imagine they're going to throw up the emergency-overload-holycrappeople servers. In which case I'm going to try to land on one, or get a worldpass to one.

I'm sorry, Fal, but I really don't want to play on an already established server. That's just a horrible idea.

I really don't either. But if they dont throw up the emergency servers close to the start, I really dont want to wait long. We'll see how things pan out, though, tomorrow. I've got a few ideas for how to do things.

Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 10-28-2003 11:20:42 PM
quote:
Suddar thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I really don't want to play on an already established server. That's just a horrible idea.

I'm almost tempted to not buy the game because of this.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-29-2003 12:00:05 AM
quote:
KiranĂª probably says this to all the girls:
I'm almost tempted to not buy the game because of this.

Or you could buy it and give it a couple days. they are gonna need to open the new servers tomorrow most likely.

I'm willing to wait a day or two to create, if absolutely necessary, too, if it means we'll get a server. I'll see how stuff pans out tomorrow.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 10-29-2003 12:09:32 PM
Well, so far as of today, which includes the signups from yesterday and today. Thier servers have had no issues, not even a hiccup, and there are no plans to institute the backups.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 10-29-2003 12:38:16 PM
Well, I hope this isnt the case, but my local Gamestop may have run out already, and if thatsthe case, i'll buy ToA and get FFXI when the next shipment arrives.
Moo.
Xyless
Pancake
posted 10-29-2003 02:10:11 PM
I got my copy just now. Is there a decided serever yet? If so how can I put my name in the world pass list or whatever you people are doing?
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-29-2003 02:48:01 PM
quote:
Xyless Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I got my copy just now. Is there a decided serever yet? If so how can I put my name in the world pass list or whatever you people are doing?

I'll get you on this list. post in the thread that talks about the list. you'll know it when you see it.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 10-29-2003 02:59:10 PM
I got a slip sayin 'your oversize package is in the mail room but the mail room doesn't open for another 2 hours. fux.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 10-29-2003 03:02:04 PM
Just called to verify.. My copy arrived today at my house, waiting for me to get off work.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-29-2003 03:07:52 PM
quote:
Ferret had this to say about Cuba:
I got a slip sayin 'your oversize package is in the mail room but the mail room doesn't open for another 2 hours. fux.

Thankfully I've got an apartment. My roommates got my package for me and put it by my door.

Kiranê
Total Crap
posted 10-29-2003 03:35:53 PM
Installing as we speak.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 10-29-2003 03:37:35 PM
quote:
KiranĂª got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Installing as we speak.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 10-29-2003 04:01:39 PM
quote:
KiranĂª had this to say about Tron:
Installing as we speak.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 10-29-2003 04:11:00 PM
Patching.
Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 10-29-2003 06:03:01 PM
I called and it ends up they did have extra copies... That was 3 hours ago when I got home. I'm gonna head over once my dad gets home and I have a car to see if they have anymore.
Moo.
Tsunami
I like pizza.
posted 10-29-2003 07:24:19 PM
/vent on

FUCKING HELL! I went out to get it, and to my suprise, my pin number would not work. Bunch of crap, because my bank recently sent me my pin number because it hadn't worked before. Bull-shit. They sent it out, and it still didn't work.

So after this, I figure, "Hell, why not just go over to Gamestop and see if they have any left!" So I do that. I get there, and they tell me if I had been there two hours earlier I could've gotten a copy of FFXI.

/vent off

Fortunately, Best Buy is supposed to get them on the 31st, so I should be able to get a copy then, considering they didn't have preorders for FFXI. And as long as I can get some fucking money out, i'll ahve it by Halloween.

Moo.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: