EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wheel of Time: Prophecies of the Dragon - IC Game Thread
Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-04-2005 02:24:30 PM
Marien

The channeler shrugs her shoulders, and sits up straight, "Marien... Sutoma." She eyes the Arafellin, daring a disparaging remark, and then the other Ebou Dari, checking for a glimmer of recognition the name.

Satisfied for the moment, she assumes a passive smile, and turns her attention to the food before her. Quickly growing disinterested in that prospect, she turns her head upward, and begins to listen in at the quiet murmuring. Running a hand through her hair, Marien maintains her appearance with a few subtle movements, and then casts a winning smile back to those at her table.

OOC: Suppose I'll take a listen check, and what not.

Addy
posted 03-04-2005 03:43:29 PM
Eloisa

The woman offers a quiet greeting to the men: "Eloisa." She leans down a bit, hat shadowing her eyes as she takes a few sips of the stew, showing no signs of distaste. Her ears flicker at the hushed whispers, but Eloisa deems the food more important at this point in time.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 03-04-2005 04:20:57 PM
"I am Galon d'Breglan."

As Galon ate he looked around the area closely to try and determine what seemed to have caused the distress.

OOC: I'd like to take a 10 on a directed spot check to determine what the source of the commotion might be. That gives me an 18 without any circumstance modifiers.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-04-2005 at 04:21 PM.

Galon d'Breglan
Pancake
posted 03-04-2005 05:01:24 PM
Galon

"Watch the ones to the east and west with the different colored armbands and bindings, I think they might try something so be ready. Don't make it obvious that you know what's happening," Galon warned the people at the table. He continued to the soldier and the other man from his room, "If something happens go we should be ready to step in and help the man with the club keep the peace."

Galon looks directly at Marien with his next comment, "Help would be appreciated if you are allowed, but if it's not then I will try to protect you and the other ladies."

Galon d'Breglan fucked around with this message on 03-04-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-04-2005 05:15:45 PM
Valon nods slightly towards Marien. I've heard the name in passing before, mostly when I made the occasional trip into the city. Valon then looks towards Eloisa... Like the hat...but really... he says in an excited tone......you should show your eyes more. People'll think you're some anti-social type, and that'd be bad.

Valon nods towards the third female at the tab;e before picking up a piece of the rabbit and eating it. Shortly after, he starts on the stew, all while paying close attention to his surroundings. OOC -- Spot and/or listen check

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-04-2005 05:57:48 PM
Fardel...

Once the food served, Fardel's dose not look twice. She drops the rabbit meat in the stew, take the bowl by two hands and Drinks/eats it all up.
As the stew go's down, Her ear twitchs at Galon's warnings.
She brings down her bowl, licking her lips, she coldly, if not with a hint of excitment;
"I know ... Got your back."
Then, As Fardel passes her left sleeve on her face to clean the rest of the dripping stew (as she stairs at "Princess") her left hand is taking out a few rocks out of her poutch.

Alaan
posted 03-04-2005 06:50:17 PM
Cray

Cray eased his chair back a bit to give him room to jump out if necessary. "Name's Cray Fielder. And I'm here for a quiet meal, but it doesn't seem that will happen." He sliced a piece or rabbit and brought it to his mouth and scanned the crowd.(D20+0 spot check!) "Frankly though, this isn't our business. Just keep yourselves and anyone caught in the crossfire safe."

Alaan fucked around with this message on 03-05-2005 at 09:43 PM.

Addy
posted 03-04-2005 11:33:02 PM
Eloisa

A hint of a smirk crosses the channeler's face in response to Valon's comment, the look fading away as the others at her table warn each other of something. "I wear it for protection," Eloisa ambiguously replies, taking a few last sips from her stew. With a hushed tone she adds, "I'd rather not get involved with whatever trouble that may be brewing up here, though."

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-04-2005 11:37:38 PM
Valon nods a bit towards Eloisa, subduing both his movements and his speech. Yeah. I've noticed the two groups by the fire. Whites and Reds.... Somethin is likely to go down. We're best to keep our distance and just keep a listen out for anything that might happen...but yeah, Galon's right. We need to keep watch over them...if it gets too close to our direction, we should get out, and fast. he says, his voice trailing off.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-04-2005 at 11:41 PM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-05-2005 01:20:43 PM
So far, the two seperate crowds around the two fires have been content to shoot the occasional hostile glares across the yard at one another, avoiding more serious confrontations, just whispering amongst one another.

Until now. Strangers all in a strange city, you had found yourselves engaged in light conversation over dinner amongst yourselves, some wary of the nearby groups of reds and whites. But the festive chatter of the crowd is suddenly silenced by an angry shout. Two men, one in red and another white, are closing upon one another as one of Master Ferrin's toughs moves to break up the fight.

"Only a corward turns his back on his Queen!" the man in red cries.

"Burn me, you'll eat those words!" replies the man in white, as he reaches for his dagger.

But before the fight joins, a bouncer grabs the man. The furious combatant struggles to turn his knife on the tough, but before he can draw blood the powerful bouncer hurls the man at the stable wall. He crashes against a shed door adjacent to the stable, rumbling through it as it splinters apart, to land in a heap on the floor within.

There's a gasp from the hushed crowd, but the unconscious man in white is no longer the focus of attention. For within the shadows of the shed, a dark form is shifting. Taller than a man by half, its beastial head swings toward the open door. Light glints off monstrous fangs, and disturbingly human eyes survey the crowd as a low growl emerges from its throat.

The creature brandishes a crude, curving sword and steps toward the doorway. Behind it, more such creatures stir in the darkness. There is a collective scream as the crowd scatters in every direction from the sight of the Trollocs. Even the Inn bouncer gulps and turns tail, running toward the Inn door.

OOC: Action time! Fight, run, or sit there, its up to you.

Initiatives:
Valon - 18
Cray - 15
Eloisa - 14
Trollocs - 10
Marien - 10
Galon - 7
Fardel - 4

You don't have to wait for the persons with better Init rolls than you to declare your action for a round. I'll organize the order of each person in action in my next post.

Spot Checks:
Fardel - 19
Eloisa - 18
Cray - 14
Valon - 10
Galon - 17
Marien - 4

Result: Everyone but Marien and Valon see two more Trollocs behind the one in the doorway. They seem to be stuffing what looks like the struggling body of a child into a coarse burlap sack.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-05-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-05-2005 02:46:46 PM
Fardel Takes her time to examine the situation (Thats why she acts last see? *cough*)
Jumping on the table like a cat, Fardel can use the hight to aim for the Trolloc doing the stuffing . she takes out her Sling and Takes her time to aim it right.
Dr. Gee
posted 03-05-2005 05:30:17 PM
OOC: Wow. 3.0 has massively different combat rules than 3.5 in regards to the lack of being able to take a Total Defense action. Or any other kind of defensive action while doing anything but a full attack action for that matter. Damn. If the conditions of combat change such that i can't take this action (the trollocs step out of the shed or the door gets by an ally) I instead haul ass back to the room and grab my hand-axe then come back down. Or, if something happens that would allow for a different action, i'll take that and mention it.

Garlon

"Keep them from taking the child!" He follows up his suggestion by running into the leading Trolloc with the intention of pushing him back into the shed to open up an avenue of attack for his armed allies.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-05-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Addy
posted 03-05-2005 06:07:04 PM
Eloisa

The Tairen pushes herself from her seat at the sight of the commotion, hand resting on her hat to keep it from flying off of her head. "... Valon, was it?" Eloisa hastily tries to recall the Ebou Dari's name as she fingers her knife, "... There are two beastly figures behind that one with a child, I believe. I..." her voice trails off, perhaps to tone down her fear or another hidden agenda, "No matter. Do something. Save the child." The woman takes a few steps back as she draws her dagger in a defensive motion, not intending to fight but willing to protect her skin if need be.

Addy fucked around with this message on 03-05-2005 at 07:22 PM.

Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-05-2005 06:29:33 PM
Marien

Marien raises from her miserable revery of the soup before her at once, and stands up on the bench from which she was sitting. After a moment of thinking, and trying to gather her wits and courage, the Ebou Dari shouts over the crowd, "Shadowspawn! At once, away!"

Looking to her sides, then down, she closes her eyes and spaces her hands apart a few inches, and focuses, seizing saidar. With a moment of concentration, she allows the True Source to flow through her.

Eloisa would be able to sense the faint blue glow that enveloped the Ebou Dari channeler, though most anyone else would be unable to.

OOC: Taking this round to draw on the True Source.

Alaan
posted 03-05-2005 08:29:31 PM
Cray

"Blasted trollocs interrupting my dinner! They shall not be forgiven for such insolence!" Cray jumps up from his chair and draws Valorguard and wraps both hands around the hilt, the firelight flickering off his engraved family name and the word "valor." He rushes towards the trio of beasts and yells as loud as he can, "Drop the kid if you want your death to be quick!" (OOC: Trying an intimidate check, d20+4)

Alaan fucked around with this message on 03-05-2005 at 09:41 PM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-05-2005 10:21:52 PM
Valon looks towards Eloisa and nods. I'll do all in my power that I can... he says, attempting to grab Eloisa's dagger from her. OOC: Next action is dependent on if he succeeds with this or not.

Succeeded -- Valon takes the dagger and charges at the trolloc holding the child (provided he is in range for this) or, if not, he simply charges at the nearest trolloc instead.

Failed -- Valon looks around the room for something he can use as a weapon, be it an actual melee weapon or something that can act as a makeshift weapon

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-07-2005 11:09:54 AM
Round 1

Valon swiftly tries to snatch the dagger from Eloisa's hand but ends up grabbing at empty air as Eloisa draws the weapon back, holding it possessively. Taking a moment instead to look around for a replacement weapon, the woodsman sights several things in the stableyard that could be used. First, there is a pile of chopped and stacked wood to the north side of the shed, possibly useable as a make-shift club. Second, several of the chopped wood pieces used in the fires around the yard are sticking with one end out of the fire. Third, the dagger that the man in white, who was thrown into the shed, was wielding lies nearby to the man and the splintered remains of the shed door conviently at the feet of the Trolloc.

You have three options easily visible, though if you want to try something not mentioned, you're free to do so as well.

Cray draws his trusty longsword from across his shoulder, taking a hold of it and in attack position as he charges at the Trolloc. He screams his challenge at the monsters as he nears the behemoth blocking the doorway of the shed. His words and the tone of his voice cause the Trollocs to stop for a moment before quickly hurrying even faster with putting the child in the bag and tying it off. This buys Cray enough time though to move within melee range with the Trolloc blocking the doorway without giving him a chance to take a swing at the Borderlander.

Intimidate Roll: 9 + 4 = 13

Meanwhile, Eloisa continues to hold her dagger possessively and shys back from the Trollocs, not yet ready to commit to any action. The very sight of the Trollocs are a horrid wonder to her. To think that all the old stories were true and not make-believe of old drunken soldiers.

The Trollocs hurry to finish with their task, finally getting the struggling child into the burlap sack and tying it shut. One of the two Trollocs in the back gets ready to hoist the bag up upon its shoulder while the other is tearing a few more boards out of the rear of the shed, widening the hole that it looks like they used to slip into earlier from the adjacent alleyway. The Trolloc blocking the doorway steps forward, straddling the unconscious form of the man who broke the shed door as it lashes out with his nasty scythesword at Cray, who has ran into range. The monstrous humanoid makes a weak slash at Cray but the Borderlander is able to bring his longsword up in a block. The Trolloc is taking up the entire doorway, so it appears as though to get to the two Trollocs behind him, he will have to be slain.

Trolloc Attack Roll: 3 + 4 = 7

As Marien commands the already fleeing crowds away, she reaches out to the warm, comforting touch of Saidar. As she embraces the One Power, imagining herself as a flower blossoming to the warmth of it, to other female channelers nearby (Eloisa), she appears to take on a soft blue glow.

You're embraced and can cast Weaves next round.

Galon stands at the sight of the Shadowspawn, all to familar with the vile creatures. He sees his armed fellow Borderlander charge forth to attack the Trolloc. With things in hand for the moment, Galon turns around and starts for the Inn door at a dead run, flying through the door and up the stairs. The patrons seem to be huddling in fear inside or already fled out the front door. Galon bursts through his room door, snatching up his axe in one hand and turns around, ready to dart back down and into the fray.

Took you a full round to get up to your room and grab the axe. It'll take another to get back down.

Fast as a cat, Fardel leaps upon the table, kicking a few plates off to the side, pulling out her slingshot and putting a stone to it then aiming very carefully. With a marksman's eye, Fardel lets go of the pulled back stone and sends it hurtling at full speed at the side of the Trolloc's head who is readying to loft the bagged child onto its shoulder. The stone hits with a loud pop. The Trolloc blinks and shakes his head, rubbing at the bloody whelp on his tough hide. The beast snarls out in anger but continues at his job.

Fardel Attack Roll: 19 + 4 = 23
Fardel Damage Roll: 2

Next Round Actions

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-07-2005 at 12:47 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Cray Fielder
Pancake
posted 03-07-2005 12:36:24 PM
Cray pushed the sword from the surprised Trolloc's attack aside before launching his own strike against the beast. (D20+4 attack, d8+4 damage) "No Trolloc is taking a Shienaran soldier down on his own!"
Hold your head up high-for there is no greater love / Think of the faces of the people you defend
And promise me, they will never see the tears within our eyes / Although we are men with mortal sins, angels never cry
So bury fear for fate draws near and hide the signs of pain / With noble acts, the bravest souls endure the heart's remains
Discard regret, that in this debt a better world is made / That children of a newer day might remember, and avoid our fate
-Winterborn, Crüxshadows
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-07-2005 01:33:58 PM
Fardel Jumps town the table next to Valon and Yells at him;
Quick! Flip this table on the Fance to make a ramp! We can Block there Escape!
Makes a wave to get some help from othere people to lift the Table!
Come ON people! You Not Gona Let Durty Trolloc F*** us in our OWN land?!?!
Fardel swing her hip to Valon to show him her handaxe on her belt.
Galon d'Breglan
Pancake
posted 03-07-2005 02:58:03 PM
Galon ran back into the coutyard now armed and ready to fight.

OOC: I come back down from the room with my axe and, if i have enough movement (30ft/move action), run into melee range along side my allies.

Addy
posted 03-07-2005 03:09:26 PM
Eloisa

The channeler stumbles backwards as she provides some distance between her and the shadowspawn. "It's as if they stepped straight out of an imagined tale... I could have sworn..." her lips fish for the right words, trying to string together her thoughts as the current situation finally settles in to be pure, harsh reality. And the faint aura around the Ebou Dari woman--something Eloisa is painfully familiar with. Something that she didn't need to be reminded of, especially right now.

Eloisa is kind of chickening out this battle, ^_^ So just taking a few steps backwards to make more distance between her and the trollocs.

Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-08-2005 03:09:15 AM
Marien

Marien inhales gently and forces herself to calm. Lifting a hand, she runs it outward from herself as if feeling along something in front of her. After a moment of searching her hand grasps and yanks forcefully.

Some ways away from the channeler, a large object (ideally, a twenty-five pound rock or block of stone from building or sometihing! Not so ideally, a bowl or mug or knife or any other fairly dense and potentially painful object) is hoisted from it's resting spot (or torn from it's owner's grasp).

Marien opens her eyes once she grasps the object and tugs it closer to her, pulling her hand closed tight into a fist. Thrusting her palm outward and open towards the trolloc in the doorway, the object strikes the beast.

OOC: Arms of Air. 1d20+3 for my To Hit. Maximum of 1d6 damage (but may be less, depending on what kind of object Marien managed to hoist up.)

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-08-2005 03:21:33 PM
Valon nods towards Fardel and reaches for her hand axe, trying to grab it before charging at the trollocs, attacking the nearest one if he is able. (If he fails to do so, he grabs one of the flaming pieces of wood instead). He looks back to Fardel as he charges the trollocs.

The others will help you with the table. IF we can occupy the trollocs, however, they won't be able to escape either....

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-08-2005 04:59:45 PM
Round 2

Valon sees Fardel's hand axe ready for plucking form her belt and snatchs up the hatchet into his hand. He spins around and charges in beside Cray, though is going to have trouble getting at the Trolloc with the short range of the hand axe.

Can attack next round but suffer 10% miss chance due to fact that Cray is taking up the space in front of the Trolloc.

Cray knocks aside the previous blow of the Trolloc's nasty looking scythesword, following the clumsy blow with one of his own. His precision from training years to combat these monstrous beasts in the Borderlands is shown here today as his slash slices through the Trolloc's crude piece-mail armor and flesh. A huge rend in the armor is cut into the Trolloc's mail shirt as blood flows freely from the across torso wound.

Cray Attack Roll vs Trolloc 1: 16 + 4 = 20
Cray Damage Roll vs Trolloc 1: 6 + 4 = 10

Eloisa falls back alittle further from a lack of knowing what she should do. She is way out of her element with these monsters crashing the party.

Weavesight Check: 4 + 6 = 10
Result: You can tell that Marien is weaving threads of Air during her turn, but don't know the Weave in particular.

The two Trollocs in the back finish their previous actions as one hoists the bagged child up on its shoulder as the other steps outside into the alley behind the inn. The one carrying the bag follows after with it's struggling charge as the heavy steps of the Trollocs can be heard behind the wall of the inn heading northward. The lone Trolloc remaining in the shed snarls in rage as it clutches at it's terrible chest wound with one hand, its dark blood flowing from the wound, and strikes out at Cray with it's scythesword in the other. In the Trolloc's injured rage, its blow blasts Cray's defensive swordwork aside and shears through flesh and armor. A nasty wound down Cray's right side is torn open.

Trolloc Attack Roll vs Cray: 14 + 4 = 18
Trolloc Damage Roll vs Cray: 6

Marien, awash in the wonderful feeling of Saidar flowing through her every cell, weaves invisible threads of the element of Air into a simple but still complex pattern that curl around a loose stone from the nearby stable yard well. Surprisingly, to those who have never seen the One Power (a majority of people) in action, the stone in question starts to float upwards in the air as it seems to be lifted by invisible hands. Suddenly, the stone goes hurtling at Cray and the Trolloc he is fighting. Unfortunately, the Trolloc sees the stone coming and leans to one side slightly as the stone goes flying over it's shoulder, smashing into the wooden wall behind it. Another large hole is created in the back of the shed as the well stone stops after striking the building behind the Inn.

Marien Attack Roll vs Trolloc: 13 + 3 - 4(In Melee with Cray and Valon)= 12

Galon arrives back on the scene, running full speed back down the stairs and through the Inn into the yard again. His trusty axe now in hand, he is ready for battle. He moves over behind Cray and Valon to support them, moving to the opposite side of Cray than Valon is on.

You can attack next round, same as Valon though, you will suffer 10% miss chance.

Fardel shouts at everyone to lend her a hand to try to move the table over by the back wall of the Inn's stable yard, just north of the shed, but as it seems everyone else is busy for the moment, she ends up tugging at the very heavy table by herself, getting in a few feet dragged in that direction but not far.

Without help Fardel, it will take you a few rounds to get the table over there, with the Trollocs long gone by then.

Current Hit Points
Cray: 13 - 6 = 7HP
Everyone Else: Full

Next Round Actions!

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-08-2005 at 05:04 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Dr. Gee
posted 03-08-2005 06:54:23 PM
Garlon

Garlon shouted when he came back down the stairs and went to the shed ready to kill the fiend and get to the child only to see that the Trollocs had left the shed through the hole in the back.

"We must push this one back to go after the others! Kill him quickly or make him move aside! (Garlon said the next part if plan A below was viable) I will go after the two with the child over the wall, follow me as soon as possible.

OOC: Here are my plans for what to do next round in order of what i'd like to do:

A) If the wall around left side of the shed is between 7.5 feet or less I take a double move to run to it and attempt to climb up and drop down the other side. That's a full move. Depending on the height of the wall i may have some left over or whatnot to run a few feet after the Trollocs. I nuked out the move figures based on your map. Garlon is 5'11".

B) If the wall is too high and the Trolloc appears to be in fairly good shape (between 25% and 100% hp, dunno how you want to handle quick glances to determine severity of injury) at my initiative i Bull Rush the Trolloc to try and push him into the shed.

C) If the Trolloc is looking pretty bad and is still alive (0hp to 25% hp) i take a standard atack action to swing at him. If this drops the Trolloc i rush out of the shed and start after the two other Trollocs, if it doesn't I don't use my move action.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 03-08-2005 at 06:56 PM.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-08-2005 07:00:41 PM
As Fardel's see the dumm fighter leave with her axe with out him helping with the table, she dose not think twice flips on the table, running, jumps and flips and climbs the fance in any ways she can and knows!

ooc: *Gasp for Air!*

Alaan
posted 03-09-2005 12:50:15 PM
Caid just wanted to grit his teeth and bear the pain. If it had been a clean wound maybe he could have. But trollocs weren't known for keeping their blades in fine condition so he had his side more torn then cut. He let out a short cry of pain. "That...may have been...called for. But you'll die....for it anyway," snarled at the beast through clenched teeth as he launched his next strike. (Identical attack roll to the previous)
Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-10-2005 01:09:31 AM
Marien

"Blood and bloody Ashes..."
The channeler's frustration subsides as she struggles to retain her grasp on the One Power. Licking her lips, she closes her eyes for but a moment to put to rest the feelings stirred up by the Source.

Utilizing the adrenaline from her embrace of the power, the Ebou Dari steps up on the table and over it quickly (Dex check if needed, I suppose). Advancing forward, she attempts to pursue the two escaping Trollocs, but finding herself with that third trolloc and companions in the way. Realizing she may be forced to fight, weak as she is in comparison, Marien draws her ornate House dagger.

OOC: Using a movement to place myself just behind Cray and Garlon. Assuming I can't slip by and pursue, which is more than likely, I wait behind those two and draw my dagger. I know Marien couldn't climb the wall, as her height and abysmal climb skill would forbid it.

Marien Sutoma fucked around with this message on 03-10-2005 at 01:10 AM.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-10-2005 03:50:23 AM
Valon sighs to himself...

I'm so gonna get shit for this whole thing later, taking the axe and all without helping...but, well...yeah... he says, under his breath, though those nearby could possibly hear him. He sits back for a moment, waiting to see what the others in his party to before he takes any sort of action, hoping to dart through the door the moment the trolloc blocking the way is...no longer blocking the way.

OOC: Valon is delaying his action. If the Trolloc goes down by the end of the turn, he will charge through as soon as he gets the chance. If it is not dead by this round of combat, he will attack it at the last possible opportunity. If he does get through the door, he will give chase to the other trollocs that are fleeing.

Addy
posted 03-10-2005 04:16:30 PM
Eloisa

The poor channeler continues to watch the action with widened eyes, paying the most attention to Marien. The first channeler, other than herself, that Eloisa has encountered in person. She makes careful notes of her moves, flinching slightly as the battle continues, and feeling a bit helpless. "I'm not trained for this... what can I even do? If I..." her voice trails off as she speaks to herself, perhaps in an act of false motivation.

She's gonna be useless again this round, ^_^

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-11-2005 11:21:08 AM
Round 3

Valon hangs back to the side of Cray, letting the Borderlander soldier take the monstrous Trolloc out first. Fardel's axe in his hand, he bids his time.

Action Delayed.

Cray strikes out in anger again, his side on fire from the ragged wound torn just moments ago. His sword weaves past the clumsy defense of the Trolloc's scythesword and lays into the beast-like foe. His blade slices true, severing the Trolloc's left arm right at the elbow. The Trolloc lets out a squeel-snarl of pain, clutching its gushing stump with its sword-filled right hand.

Cray Attack Roll vs Trolloc 1: 16 + 4 = 20
Cray Damage Roll vs Trolloc 1: 3 + 4 = 7

Eloisa stands there, terrified and babbling to herself. She is at a complete loss of what to do.

The badly injured Trolloc blocking the shed door seems to be on the edge of the great beyond. Dark blood gushing from his chest and left-arm stump, the Trolloc weakly slashs downward with his scythesword but the blow is knocked to the side by Cray's longsword. The footsteps of the Trollocs fleeing down the alley is receeding into the distance as they run.

Trolloc Attack Roll vs Cray: 5 + 4 = 9

Marien slides across the table and then moves up behind Cray and the others, sliding her dagger from it's sheath in preparation to fight.

Here in Hazzard County, Daisy was known somewhat as a tomboy, always running round after the Duke boys...

Galon can tell that the Trolloc is on his last bit of strength and ducks in beside Cray as the fellow Borderlander blocks the Trolloc's weak slash. Galon hacks at the Trolloc's lower torso but misses as the Trolloc stumbles back a half-step from blood loss and weakness.

Galon Attack Roll vs Trolloc 1: 3 + 4 = 7

Meanwhile, Fardel tries to scale the 9 to 10 ft wall that surrounds the stable yard but sees the tables are way to far from the wall for a jump. She hops up on one of the benches nearby and tries but falls far short, smacking face first into the thick wooden planks that make up the wall.

Jump Check: 2 + 2 = 4

Seeing his chance, Valon springs forth from his delayed action, swinging at the Trolloc's wounded body in hopes of toppling the monstrousity. Just barely, Valon sinks his borrowed hand-axe deep into the Trolloc's gut. He gives it a savage jerk and pulls it out as foul-smelling innards start spilling out of the gutted Trolloc. The creature's eyes roll back in his head as he teeters for a moment before falling backwards. The Trolloc's large body hits the shed ground with a loud thomp, sending dust and dirt up into the air. The ground is awash in foul blood and the insides of the Trolloc.

Valon Attack vs Trolloc 1: 16 + 3 = 19
Valon Miss Chance Roll: 17 (Hit)
Valon Damage Roll vs Trolloc 1: 2 + 2 = 4

Immediate Combat End

You may take normal actions again. The two Trollocs who escaped are fleeing and out of immediate combat range for the moment.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-11-2005 at 11:21 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 12:33:20 PM
Fardel's Let's out a swear that even pirates would blush!

Pist to no end, she rushes betin the warriors, over the dead ugly and HOP in the hole to give chace to the trollocs.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-11-2005 01:44:48 PM
Valon, as soon as the trolloc falls, takes off in a run in an attempt to catch the other trollocs that are fleeing. He looks to the others...

Everyone...if you can, bring something...anything to throw at these trollocs. If we can attract their attention for even a single second, we can use that time to catch up to them faster. We need to act now, though!

Before he starts running, Valon picks up the first thing he sees that may cause some sort of small damage to the trolloc, be it a rock or something else he can carry in one hand. He then takes off running.

Valon is going to give chase and, as soon as he is in range, chuck the rock at the trolloc carrying the sack, hoping to divert its attention from the task at hand. As the others catch up to him (or, possibly follow him), he will charge into melee alongside them (if they choose to do so.)

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 03-11-2005 at 03:12 PM.

Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-11-2005 02:19:55 PM
Marien

The Aes Sedai-To-Be, already waiting for an opening, pushes through the assembled party, using the wake of the dirty-mouthed Arafellin woman as a path through the assembled Northerners.

Slipping out into the alley behind as best she can, Marien heads off North (? Pretty sure), calling behind her, "Come! We must'nt allow the trollocs escape!" The channeler dashes down the alley, her soft-worn shoes pounding lightly as she does.

OOC: If Marien leaves the alley and sees no sign of the trollocs, she'll stop, otherwise, she'll pursue.

Alaan
posted 03-11-2005 03:29:09 PM
What I do is dependant on how close my horse is! If I can get on it this round to take chase, that I shall do. If not I'll join the foot race.

Cray stumbled to the side as the some of his table mates rushed past him and after the Trollocs with the child. He glanced towards they stables and tried to figure if he could get there quickly enough for Stormwind to help make a difference.

Dr. Gee
posted 03-11-2005 06:05:04 PM
Galon

"I'll keep a run after them. Whatever you do don't hit the child!"

Galon ran out the back of the shed and....

OOC: My web appears to be working again. God i hate the internet sometimes.

Anyways, if he can see the trollocs upon entering the alley he immidiatly give chase going at a full run (4x his speed of 60ft per round as long as it's in a straight line). If he can't he stops and does a Tracking check to find the direction they ran then runs in that direction without continually checking the tracks. If he comes to a crossroads where he can't see them he makes another Track check. I'm pretty sure each check like this comes as a Full-round action but that might just be 3.5 talking. If there's obvious signs of passage (people lying dead in the street, screams of terror, ect) he follows those. If the gound is "firm ground" i take a 10 to give me a 15, if it's clean cobblestones i just roll it.

Addy
posted 03-12-2005 05:31:55 PM
Eloisa

Courage flows back through the Tairen's veins as the immediate commotion dies down, only to be heated back up again by her "companions" chasing after the trollocs with the child. And, more importantly, Marien. Eloisa had some questions that needed answering. Dagger in hand, she pushes herself from her current position, chasing after the Ebou Dari man. "...I'll come and help assist. I promise I won't get in the way," she tilts her hat upwards as she continues the chase, glimmering emerald eyes gazing at the path ahead of her.

OOC: Sorry about delayed response. Yeah, basically chasing after the others, can't let her get separated!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-13-2005 06:57:40 PM
Fardel, Galon, Marien, Eloisa, and Valon

As soon as the Trolloc in the shed drops to the ground dead, everyone is rushing through the hole in the back of said shed, emerging into the alley. The Trollocs are no where in sight as everyone looks around for tracks. Galon sights them fairly easy as the rest of you mill around. He points everyone northward, two pair of big hoof tracks leading down the dirt path of the alley. Galon continues to follow the tracks as they emerge into the street, past some more buildings before heading out of the outlaying buildings built around the gates of Caemlyn into the tilled fields of the neighboring farmers. Damn those Trollocs can run fast. The few lanterns set out in the streets are dim from here as only the moon illuminates the 'tracks' before you.

Search Rolls
Fardel: 11 + 4 = 15
Galon: 13 + 7 = 20
Marien: 9 + 3 = 12
Eloisa: 7 + 5 = 12
Valon: 3

Galon Track Roll: 10 + 5 = 15

Cray

It takes Cray a few minutes to get his horse out its stall and to put the bit and bridle upon it. It would take a little longer to saddle it, so he decides to go bare-back. As he leads his horse outside the stables, his side still burning in pain, he sees Master Ferrin gingerly stepping outside of the inn along with the frightened inn patrons. Their faces look stunned and shocked by the dead body of the trolloc halfway out of the shed. Talk starts to ripple through the crowd as Master Ferrin looks to Cray, "Did you best this beast, lad? You're a hero!" The word hero starts to be voiced by others in the crowd as they gawk at the corpse and Cray. Several servants hurry out to tend to Rol, the man who was thrown through the shed door while one, a young woman, stops and looking at Cray, "Do you need tending sir? That wound looks nasty."

As the woman waits Cray's agreement, the growing crowd parts to reveal a thin, hawk-nosed man, a little stooped and just shy of middle-aged, as he approaches from the rear of the inn. Cray recognizes him as Bennet, the stableman of the Golden Stag Inn, who lives in a room above the shed.

"Is it true?" he pants. His eyes search past everyone at the wrecked door of the shed. "There were Trollocs here? Light save me, it is true!"

"Calm down, Ben," Master Ferrin says, gripping Bennet by the shoulder. "They were here, but they're gone now. Thank the Light, we're all safe and sound."

"But they said...." Bennet waves aimlessly back toward the inn. "Someone said they took her. That they put her in a sack. Is it true--did the Trollocs take Sirene?"

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 03-13-2005 at 07:01 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Cray Fielder
Pancake
posted 03-13-2005 11:06:24 PM
Cray groaned as he pulled himself onto his mount. "Not nearly enough of a hero. Still two out there with that girl. Though there already some on the trail. I hope to catch up with them and show them my blade once more." The soldier turned Stormwind around and took off full speed in the direction his table mates and the Trollocs had gone.
Hold your head up high-for there is no greater love / Think of the faces of the people you defend
And promise me, they will never see the tears within our eyes / Although we are men with mortal sins, angels never cry
So bury fear for fate draws near and hide the signs of pain / With noble acts, the bravest souls endure the heart's remains
Discard regret, that in this debt a better world is made / That children of a newer day might remember, and avoid our fate
-Winterborn, Crüxshadows
Marien Sutoma
Pancake
posted 03-14-2005 01:12:04 PM
Marien

The channeler looks about the streets, her link to the Source sputtering out and fading. With a huff of defeat, she frowns, and puts a hand over her mouth. "Trollocs..." As if the fact had just struck her. "I should..." She drifts off into a whisper and then presumably into an inner monologue. The Ebou Dari looks up at the moon and spends a moment in reflection, standing still for the moment.

OOC: Sorry for the delay, I'm out of town and on somewhat of a time limit with my current internet access.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: