EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Game Schedule - Year of the Landing
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 06-08-2005 06:28:56 PM
After reading the logs of the last game, I figure I should apologize again for missing it. The person who I took over my current job from did very little in the way of getting many of these cases ready for the discovery deadlines, and the set of forms we sent off to the typist came back so full of errors that I had to retype the entirety of them myself. This put me far behind - I was expecting to be done on Thursday, and just finished up on the lot of them yesterday. I apologize for missing the game, but we already had two extensions given on that case and we were unlikely to get a third.

For what it's worth, I made every effort to get in from work. Downloaded mIRC, tried three different Java applets, and even used the EC CGI:IRC tool. Only the last one would connect, and it wouldn't let me join the rooms where the game runs. Joy. I did everything but attempt to run the connection through a proxy server, and that would have quickly had me fired - law offices full of confidential info stored on a secure onsite server don't react well to people trying to bypass security on a networked computer.

*Sigh.* So I do apologize. I tried everything that seemed plausible, but I couldn't connect and couldn't just leave work - if these cases blow any filing or court deadlines, all our clients have legal grounds to sue us. The good news is, I pulled so much overtime over the course of the last week (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Tuesday) that I've already built up an extra day's hours. Hence I'm taking this Friday off, as approved by my boss, the firm personel manager, and the partner in charge of hires. That's about as official as it can get - I will not be given work to do that day, because I will not be there. So I will make it to the game on time then.

If I'm not in the room by the start of the game, you can assume that I have spontaneously exploded. Otherwise I'll find a way.

Drakkenmaw fucked around with this message on 06-08-2005 at 06:30 PM.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-09-2005 04:45:57 PM
Well, Master Gil, how can we be mad at you.

I share your pain, my mother is a law secratary and it was the same story as you and she's actuly taking friday off too!

Well! I'll be there also! even if my internet Died again *sigh* but I'll have that fixed.

On othere news: I have a new job now, I'm a Security guard!

all will now depend on what poste I get next week =)

see you all tomorrow gang =)

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 06-10-2005 11:45:51 AM
Hey guys...really sorry about missing so many games lately. My internet almost crapped out on me and I had to have the company fix it for me (which they had a very hard time doing.) Just when it got fixed, I went off to Japan for 9 days, and I didn't have any time to check. So, sorry again for missing. I almost positive I can make this game, though. It's 6 central, right?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-10-2005 12:14:16 PM
quote:
Reyolen needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
It's 6 central, right?
Right, just for this week. And be glad you got back when you did.

Pved told me he probably won't make it this again this week. He and I have already discussed Agaven's perspective on the party's current situation. From the looks of things, everyone else will be there, which is good.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-21-2005 05:10:54 PM
Well, I'll be missing this friday night game, sorry =(

The way things are going with my new job, I'll be working often on fridays for now, as I wana have a good rep with the people the gives me work.

but I promess, because I'm already starting to miss to much the games that I may start refusing Fridays in a few weeks just so I can pop in times to times.

THats untill I get a stable gig at work, witch will be probably after summer.

Again, I appolagise greatly, but, the money is good, I like the job and I need to work if I wana put some Lime in the coconut ^_^

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-27-2005 12:03:21 PM
Despite recent technical problems, it looks like we're still on for this Friday. As usual, starting time is 6PM US Eastern Time (5PM central, Saturday 8AM for Pved). If anyone can't make it, let me know, so we can discuss your character's intentions and preferences.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 06-27-2005 02:21:39 PM
Well, I think I'll be there!

Here's the thing:

I made sur to have friday off to help friends move. And there moving Right next to us ^_^ as in, the appartment next door.

This sayed: I'm prety sure I'll be there, but I may go AFK time to time.

Unfortunatly for me, this meens that next friday, I wont be able to make it to Kats game (dang it).

but on othere news, I maybe finding a stable time shift in a few weeks, and to the looks of it, one that may let me have my Fridays off, no promesses yet.

I have been working hard at my new job, witch I'm anjoying (and the pay is nice) but it will take me some time befor I end-up in a work place/contract that fits with my life style.

Just remeber, I love my friday nights DnD time, and only hope to be able to get back on to them =)

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 06-30-2005 08:32:48 PM
Tomorrow, tomorrow, we're playing, tomorrow, it's only, a day away...

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-01-2005 01:34:41 PM
I'll be here tonight, 6pm right?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-01-2005 04:36:49 PM
Yep. One hour 20 minutes to go.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-01-2005 04:38:18 PM
thats 1H and 24 minutes to go when you typed it, but who's conting?

^_^

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-02-2005 08:49:09 AM
Sorry about last night. I wanted to keep going, but my hard drive had other plans. If all goes well, my new PC will be ready to go within the next day or so (already have the OS and a fair amount of software on it), meaning we won't have this particular problem again.

How do you folks feel about holding a wrap-up session for this little saga on the (late) morning of July 4th? If four of you can make it, I wouldn't mind running it for a couple hours just to move things along. I know we have a couple out-of-towners (Pved being 14 hours ahead, and Ukko being up north) who may not be able to make it, and some of you may have day-long plans on the fourth, so I won't press the issue if people are busy.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-02-2005 10:32:22 PM
on monday the 4th, I'm working 6pm to 1:30am ... so no, I dont mind ^_^

just conferm me the time =)

Reyolen
posted 07-03-2005 01:59:19 AM
Sure...I just hope I don't oversleep. It's actually likely...what time are you thinking to do it?
Drakkenmaw
posted 07-03-2005 12:30:22 PM
I can try, I suppose. Might be able to, might not, depending on whether I suddenly develop "other plans." On holidays, family events tend to be just dropped on me.
Taylen
Pancake
posted 07-03-2005 01:56:05 PM
Probably if I get more precise hours, have stuff later in the day but can't remember the time.
"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-03-2005 02:32:06 PM
I was thinking about 10AM Eastern, though it's flexible if people want to start an hour earlier or later.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 07-03-2005 05:23:05 PM
I have to leave my house around 1:30-2pm est monday so should have some time
Taylen Ashenbow
Taylen
Pancake
posted 07-04-2005 11:01:32 AM
I don't think we should bother trying to have impromptu games again, especially on a holiday. Bad enough when we can't get enough people to show up on scheduled game days, but when people get up early to do it, it just wastes everyone's time.

At least on normal game days we can usually run something when half the people don't show.

Taylen Ashenbow
Drakkenmaw
posted 07-04-2005 01:26:53 PM
I apologize. I tried to get away to make it on, but even though I got up early I was pretty instantly dragged into doing yard work for the entire morning.

This apparently is my mother's way of celebrating the holiday, manual labor. I assure you, I much rather would have preferred to be in the game.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-11-2005 08:04:10 AM
Important Notice!

Due to coworkers in my department taking vacation time, my schedule for this weekend will be slightly different. The game will begin at 7PM US Eastern time (6 Central, 5 Mountain, 4 Pacific) on Friday, 7/15. (This means 9AM on Saturday for Pved.)

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-11-2005 12:12:28 PM
But will you be working on Saterday?

So will it be a short game or can we play in the mist of the night? =)

oh and, ya, I'll be there, next 2 fridays, I'm actuly off ... for now... butit's 95% sure my 2 upcoming fridays are off =)

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-11-2005 02:45:55 PM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Pair and Rena is getting drunk!
But will you be working on Saterday?
Theoretically, no.

Reyolen
posted 07-15-2005 10:49:47 AM
Gah, that sucks. I have somewhere I need to be at 7:00 today. Sorry, you guys, but I can't show again. Sorry for the short notice, but this was supposed to take place yesterday, and it didn't happen, so it got pushed back.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-15-2005 09:19:03 PM
Considering that my computer crapped out a couple weeks ago, I'd like to be on the safe side. Everyone send the most recent version of your character sheets, without inventory (if you send it with inventory, that's fine, I'll ignore that part), to my email address or my PM box.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-20-2005 11:31:16 PM
I have, get this: Internet back on my computer and I have msot my fridays off ... most because every 3 weeks or so I have to work.

but it's getting better now ^_^

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 07-27-2005 11:38:18 AM
For this coming Friday, I unfortunatly must say I cant make it, I'll be working until 9pm and then at 9:01pm I'll be on my way to chop some heads in a DnD live.

And on a even more anoying news, I may louse my fridays in 2 months or so, If not so earlyer

Anyhow, we will see how things play out.

Good games guy's, I'll see that Docs know's Pair crazyness ^_^

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-27-2005 11:42:36 AM
Heh, that reminds me, game is this friday at 6PM US Eastern time (i.e. the usual time).

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 07-30-2005 07:37:32 AM
Good session last night. Looks like the group is finally on the road again (cue song).

Anyway, here's the logs. IC and OOC

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-09-2005 09:11:56 PM
Game is this Friday at 6PM US Eastern time (a.k.a. the usual time).

I'm working on catching up with the XP awards. There's no guarantee that I'll catch up by game time, but at least I'm trying.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 08-12-2005 06:55:33 AM
Should be back in time for the game, if I'm not back on time it'sbecause I'm helping my brother settle into college and should be back shortly.
Taylen Ashenbow
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 08-12-2005 06:59:46 AM
I'm going into the woods this today, to do some lumberjack work.

I'd should be back arond the 5pm, but just in case: I could be late.

Taylen
Pancake
posted 08-13-2005 05:44:49 PM
Sorry I didn't make it at all. It took alot longer than I expected to get everything settled for my brother. Didn't get back home until way late at night.
Taylen Ashenbow
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-23-2005 01:08:12 PM
Despite several circumstances that will make the process more difficult, I plan to run a session this Friday, August 26th, at 7PM US Eastern time.

Ukko has informed me that, due to changes in his work schedule, he will no longer be able to play on Friday evenings. Before attempting to recruit new players, I would like to find out if it will be possible to reschedule the game to a day and time when everyone can attend.

Please post here with all times you would be available for a D&D session. Sessions would run at the same frequency as they do now, i.e. once every two weeks. Be sure to note whether your times are in US Eastern time, or if not, what timezone they are in.

Fake Example:
Sunday 10AM-10PM EST
Monday 4PM-10PM EST
Thursday 7PM-Midnight EST
Friday 7PM-4AM EST
Saturday 10AM-3PM EST

If you have preferred days/times, you may mark them as preferred, or include a second (shorter) schedule of preferred times. In the event that we cannot schedule the game for a time when everyone can attend, it will remain in its current time slot, and I will begin seeking character submissions while phasing Pair out of the group.

Drakkenmaw
posted 08-23-2005 02:01:59 PM
Perhaps it would be better to get Ukko's available times first, and see what would work there? I have a mostly-flexible schedule, but I need to know exact options so I can try to work around them.

In any case... all times here are CST
Saturday (12PM onwards)
Sunday (12PM-10PM)
Monday (5PM-11PM)
Tuesday (4PM-10PM)
Wednesday (5PM-10PM)
Friday (5PM onwards)

Reyolen
posted 08-23-2005 07:24:07 PM
I'm kind of glad about this change, really, Friday night isn't so good for me anymore. I don't have a my college schedule yet, so I can't be sure when I can play, but I'm sure after 6pm (CST) will usually be free (barring Fridays), and weekends will probably be entirely free unless I'm out of town.

Reyolen fucked around with this message on 08-23-2005 at 10:21 PM.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 08-23-2005 07:56:01 PM
Let's see, I prefer to say WHEN I work, so you'll all know when I am free to play (sleep is optional)

I work:

thusdays 0H00am to 6am, then 6pm to 6:30am friday, then 6pm to 6:30am saterday, then 6pm to 6:30am sunday.

voila, them are the times I can NOT play, also, remeber that it takes me one hour to get to work, then a othere hour to come back =P

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-24-2005 11:55:33 PM
Only saturdays or sundays, my time.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-25-2005 07:57:55 AM
quote:
Pvednes is attacking the darkness!
Only saturdays or sundays, my time.
So any time from Saturday morning through Sunday night? I would appreciate specifics, seeing as the objective is to plan a schedule, and there's a decent chance of the game starting around midnight your time (currently 10AM EST) now that everyone is indicating some level of availability on Saturday & Sunday.
quote:
Reyolen needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
I'm kind of glad about this change, really, Friday night isn't so good for me anymore. I don't have a my college schedule yet, so I can't be sure when I can play, but I'm sure after 6pm (CST) will usually be free (barring Fridays), and weekends will probably be entirely free unless I'm out of town.
I'd appreciate specifics as soon as you can get them, so we don't end up bouncing the game time all over hell and creation.
quote:
See, your Pair and Rena means your hair. So technically it's true.
Let's see, I prefer to say WHEN I work, so you'll all know when I am free to play (sleep is optional)

I work:

thusdays 0H00am to 6am, then 6pm to 6:30am friday, then 6pm to 6:30am saterday, then 6pm to 6:30am sunday.

voila, them are the times I can NOT play, also, remeber that it takes me one hour to get to work, then a othere hour to come back =P

So your free hours are any time between 8AM Monday morning and 11PM Thursday, or between 8AM and 5PM EST on any other day.

I figure on a game block 4-5 hours long, though it may go longer on rare occasions (players who have to leave on a fixed schedule will of course be free to do so). The best candidates right now seem to be Saturday 1PM-5PM EST and Sunday 8AM-Noon EST.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-25-2005 08:41:15 AM
quote:
`Doc enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
So any time from Saturday morning through Sunday night? I would appreciate specifics, seeing as the objective is to plan a schedule, and there's a decent chance of the game starting around midnight your time (currently 10AM EST) now that everyone is indicating some level of availability on Saturday & Sunday.

Keep in mind that my saturdays and sundays are your fridays and saturdays, more or less..and no, within reason. midnight onwards is not within reason.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: