EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Look Who Joined the Club!
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 12-20-2003 08:29:07 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought about the meaning of life:
Corrected some minor buffoonery on your part.

If you think you can hang, feel free to explain what it is you think you meant by that.

Don't you mean disprove?

can you please fix my title
posted 12-20-2003 08:29:10 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bloodsage wrote:
Better uncouth than stupid.

Note the correct spelling.

Remember when you got your commission you were supposed to be a Officer AND a Gentleman? you need to work on that latter part.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 08:29:26 PM
quote:
Reynar startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
You don't have to, if you would just use the ignore function, or just skip over that person's posts; then you wouldn't have to write silly essays like this.

It's such an easy solution. It's beyond me why you continue to complain about it.

Here's a thought: I write "silly essays" on the subject, because people like Diadem keep trying to say the rest of us should wade through useless crap in a vain search for something useful.

Did you even bother to read his post?

I didn't say I bothered to read such crap; I asked why Diadem insists I should.

Whether I choose to use the ignore function, and under what circumstances, is not your concern. Were you taking your own advice, you wouldn't say stupid hypocritical things like the above.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:30:50 PM
quote:
Somthor's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Remember when you got your commission you were supposed to be a Officer AND a Gentleman? you need to work on that latter part.

This is why you suck. Bloodsage rarely abandons gentlemanry without good cause. You act like a stuck-up, arrogant dickhole to him. Nobody will fault him for being the same to you, cunt.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-20-2003 08:32:07 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Duck Tales:
Corrected some minor buffoonery on your part.

If you think you can hang, feel free to explain what it is you think you meant by that.

quote:
It seems far too many people care about how someone says something instead of what they are saying.

Hay, buddy. I missepelled sentance on poirpose.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:34:53 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about John Romero:

That was totally lame, bro. It's not cool to do drive-by insultings and pretend you're clever.

No summer sausage in your stocking this year

Zeke
I am a vampire and
posted 12-20-2003 08:35:36 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about dark elf butts:
He said he had no problem with Somthor, which caused everyone to get in a huff, myself included. But I like to fight, so who knows what the fuck I was thinking.

Anyways, I hear you crap the bed.

Ah I see. While I don't like him I can at least recognize that, despite saying he wasn't going to, he has started to correct some of the things. He's kinda-sorta-not really learning UBB, his spelling and grammar are still preety bad but better than originally, and he has cut back on the number of incredibly stupid things he says. Not to say he's gotten any smarter, just that he thinks (Though not always enough) before he posts sometimes now.

And nah, I stopped that when the interns started violating me after you made me a secretary.

"Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people."
"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
Hime, eien-ni, anata-wo ai-shimasu.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 08:35:59 PM
quote:
Quoth Zaza:
Don't you mean disprove?

Why yes I did. . .

I hate it when I do that.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-20-2003 08:37:37 PM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Parcelan:
That was totally lame, bro. It's not cool to do drive-by insultings and pretend you're clever.

No summer sausage in your stocking this year

Aww, shucks. I was looking forward to that. It's always juicy and stuff.

To be honest, I thought I spelled sentence right.. it's always been in my head as "Sen-tahnz" for some reason, hence the a.

Oh well.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 08:38:24 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Delphi Aegis gently hums:

You should've read the rest of his post. He's claiming we somehow owe it to stupid people and poor typists to wade through their crap in search of something useful.

If you'll notice, people who type well but still say stupid shit get flamed just as badly as those too lazy to spell or use punctuation.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:39:17 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's account was hax0red to write:
Oh well.

It's cool, bro. You can still have some spicy dijon mustard

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 08:40:05 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
It's cool, bro. You can still have some spicy dijon mustard

Awesome! Bologna + Cheese + bread + mustard = !

Bloodsage: Look, a commie! Get 'em boy!

*runs the other way*

posted 12-20-2003 08:40:46 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
This is why you suck. Bloodsage rarely abandons gentlemanry without good cause. You act like a stuck-up, arrogant dickhole to him. Nobody will fault him for being the same to you, cunt.

Wrong I have never been anything but polite to him. He on the other hand constantly uses derogatory comments in relation to my integrity and my intelligence.

When asked politly to treat me with the same respect he demanded of me, he refused and continued the behavior.

You on the other hand I have no expectation of, I dont care what you say and do.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:40:56 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Delphi Aegis said:
Awesome! Bologna + Cheese + bread + mustard = !

Bloodsage: Look, a commie! Get 'em boy!

*runs the other way*

Dood, that dog looks like it could kick some ass if it weren't sleeping or sitting on the furniture all the time.

Gus is where it's at, yo.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:41:41 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Wrong I have never been anything but polite to him. He on the other hand constantly uses derogatory comments in relation to my integrity and my intelligence.

When asked politly to treat me with the same respect he demanded of me, he refused and continued the behavior.

You on the other hand I have no expectation of, I dont care what you say and do.

Nah, you're always snide and sarcastic to him. You're a cunt and you won't admit you're a cunt.

That's the worst kind of cunt.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 08:42:39 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Dood, that dog looks like it could kick some ass if it weren't sleeping or sitting on the furniture all the time.

Gus is where it's at, yo.

'Sages dog reminds me of Ladybird on King of the Hill. Nice looking and mean as hell when it counts, but mostly lazy.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 08:43:50 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis was naked while typing this:
'Sages dog reminds me of Ladybird on King of the Hill. Nice looking and mean as hell when it counts, but mostly lazy.

Dude, my sister painted Gus' toenails yesterday. I'm raising a homo

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 08:44:55 PM
quote:
Verily, Mr. Parcelan doth proclaim:
Dude, my sister painted Gus' toenails yesterday. I'm raising a homo

As long as he bites intruders and doesn't try to hump their leg, I think you're okay.

My old dog was a meanass barker, but all he wanted to do was sniff your crotch and lick your hand. >: (

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 08:46:08 PM
quote:
Somthor startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:

Exhibit A: Somthor once again spouting off on subjects about which he hasn't the faintest clue.

Even if your claim were correct, there's nothing in the Gentleman's Handbook requiring infinite patience with annoying morons. I checked.

Finally, for your information, the word "gentleman" hasn't been used on commissions for at least two decades. Welcome to the 21st century.

If, "Waaaaaah, you're not being nice!" is all you've got, I suggest you move on before I taunt you further.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 08:55:54 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Captain Planet:
Here's a thought: I write "silly essays" on the subject, because people like Diadem keep trying to say the rest of us should wade through useless crap in a vain search for something useful.

Did you even bother to read his post?

I didn't say I bothered to read such crap; I asked why Diadem insists I should.

Whether I choose to use the ignore function, and under what circumstances, is not your concern. Were you taking your own advice, you wouldn't say stupid hypocritical things like the above.

Yes I did, and I highly doubt the moral behind his post was anything like that. He brings up valid points, for one, this is a simple internet message board, not a master's thesis. People blow this kind of stuff far out of proportion.

It's fine if you want to be completely intolerant of people who don't communicate on your acceptable level, but don't expect everyone to change with your quoting of proper writing style. This is the internet, you're going to run into it everywhere, deal.

But you do read 'that crap', very often infact. It's pretty obvious because every other post you make contains some whine about a person's method of posting.

Please, tell me where I was being hypocritical? I actually do use the ignore function, several people on the board can prove that one.

You in particular, dont bother me. I find your madlib-style of posting to be mildly amusing.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 08:55:54 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:

I'm sorry, but I simply can't resist: it's "porpoise."

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 08:57:52 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about pies:
I'm sorry, but I simply can't resist: it's "porpoise."

It's spelled dollfins.

posted 12-20-2003 08:58:03 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bloodsage wrote:
Better uncouth than stupid.

Note the correct spelling.

Yes so I typed Cooth (its a word) instead of Couth, yet somehow you managed to Understand what I ment anyway. You're just being petty about it.

I disagree about your statment. Its better to be stupid than uncouth

Definition: [adj] lacking refinement or cultivation or taste; "he had coarse manners but a first-rate mind"; "behavior that branded him as common"; "an untutored and uncouth human being"; "an uncouth soldier--a real tough guy"; "appealing to the vulgar taste for violence"; "the vulgar display of the newly rich"

Synonyms: coarse, common, unrefined, vulgar

Most People can't help being Stupid, the lack of Class, manners is a correctable issue. You choose to be part of polite socitey or you choose not to.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-20-2003 09:03:41 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Most People can't help being Stupid, the lack of Class, manners is a correctable issue. You choose to be part of polite socitey or you choose not to.

I disagree. There are people who are chronically awkward in social situations. They don't mean to be rude or standoffish, but it happens anyways.

If you say being stupid can't be helped, then neither can being a part of a polite society.

If I may disagree with myself, however, you can help being stupid and you can help being socially awkward. So the point is moot. I win again

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 09:05:25 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I disagree. There are people who are chronically awkward in social situations. They don't mean to be rude or standoffish, but it happens anyways.

Hiya.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 09:09:03 PM
quote:
Quoth Reynar:
Yes I did, and I highly doubt the moral behind his post was anything like that. He brings up valid points, for one, this is a simple internet message board, not a master's thesis. People blow this kind of stuff far out of proportion.

It's fine if you want to be completely intolerant of people who don't communicate on your acceptable level, but don't expect everyone to change with your quoting of proper writing style. This is the internet, you're going to run into it everywhere, deal.

But you do read 'that crap', very often infact. It's pretty obvious because every other post you make contains some whine about a person's method of posting.

Please, tell me where I was being hypocritical? I actually do use the ignore function, several people on the board can prove that one.

You in particular, dont bother me. I find your madlib-style of posting to be mildly amusing.

I challenge you to actully count a statistically significant portion of my posts, and see exactly how many are about grammar.

Further, I challenge you to examine my posting habits to see exactly what tolerance I do have for typos and minor grammatical errors. You'll find I don't take issue except in extreme cases, or with idiots who insist being incorrect and incompetent is somehow just as good as communicating clearly.

Your hypocrisy lies not in your use of the ignore function, which I thought I made clear is no more than a personal decision, but in the fact that you're whining that I should just skip posts I don't like rather than reply to them. . .like you did to mine. That's the inherent fallacy in that type of reasoning.

You, and most others who insist readers somehow have a duty to overlook sloppiness, tend to shoot yourselves in the foot by exaggerating the alleged standards of those who do insist on a modicum of readability from those who attempt conversation. No one, least of all me, insists upon Master's level discourse and flawless written expression in good MLA style. You mock yourself and your argument by repeating such tripe. Further, such hyperbole is one example of the "style over substance" thing Diadem was whining about.

posted 12-20-2003 09:10:29 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Bloodsage said this:
Exhibit A: Somthor once again spouting off on subjects about which he hasn't the faintest clue.

Even if your claim were correct, there's nothing in the Gentleman's Handbook requiring infinite patience with annoying morons. I checked.

Finally, for your information, the word "gentleman" hasn't been used on commissions for at least two decades. Welcome to the 21st century.

If, "Waaaaaah, you're not being nice!" is all you've got, I suggest you move on before I taunt you further.

They repeal Article 133 of the UCMJ ?

Punitive Articles of the UCMJ

Article 133—Conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman

Text.

“Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

(2) Nature of offense. Conduct violative of this article is action or behavior in an official capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the person as an officer, seriously compromises the officerÂ’s character as a gentleman, or action or behavior in an unofficial or private capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the officer personally, seriously compromises the personÂ’s standing as an officer. There are certain moral attributes common to the ideal officer and the perfect gentleman, a lack of which is indicated by acts of dishonesty, unfair dealing, indecency, indecorum, lawlessness, injustice, or cruelty.

Elements.

(1) That the accused did or omitted to do certain acts; and

(2) That, under the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman.

(3) Examples of offenses. Instances of violation of this article include knowingly making a false official statement; dishonorable failure to pay a debt; cheating on an exam; opening and reading a letter of another without authority; using insulting or defamatory language to another officer in that officerÂ’s presenceor about that officer to other military persons; being drunk and disorderly in a public place; public association with known prostitutes; committing or attempting to commit a crime involving moral turpitude; and failing without good cause to support the officerÂ’s family.

(yes I'm not a officer, but continualy insult a civilian in the presence of your CO and see if he chides you for it or not)

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 09:20:54 PM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
Yes so I typed Cooth (its a word) instead of Couth, yet somehow you managed to Understand what I ment anyway. You're just being petty about it.

I disagree about your statment. Its better to be stupid than uncouth

Definition: [adj] lacking refinement or cultivation or taste; "he had coarse manners but a first-rate mind"; "behavior that branded him as common"; "an untutored and uncouth human being"; "an uncouth soldier--a real tough guy"; "appealing to the vulgar taste for violence"; "the vulgar display of the newly rich"

Synonyms: coarse, common, unrefined, vulgar

Odd: "cooth" isn't a word in any of the myriad dictionaries I own. Though I'll admit I was too lazy to get out the OED and look through the magnifying glass. Where on earth did you get the idea it was a word, and you were merely tricked by a homonym?

Further, the fact that, based upon a veritable cornucopia of behavioral evidence, I think you're an idiot, has nothing to do with my manners, my ability to move in sophisticated social circles, the time of day, or the price of tea in China. I've got little patience for morons, and none at all for aggressive ones who actively refuse to learn from their mistakes.

If you want to be treated like the suave, sophisticated, intellectual gentleman you seem to think you are, I suggest you start acting like it. How can you possibly expect anyone to believe any of the things you claim to be when every post screams "illiterate moron" in blinking neon letters?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 09:28:00 PM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
They repeal Article 133 of the UCMJ ?

Punitive Articles of the UCMJ

Article 133—Conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman

Text.

“Any commissioned officer, cadet, or midshipman who is convicted of conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

(2) Nature of offense. Conduct violative of this article is action or behavior in an official capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the person as an officer, seriously compromises the officerÂ’s character as a gentleman, or action or behavior in an unofficial or private capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the officer personally, seriously compromises the personÂ’s standing as an officer. There are certain moral attributes common to the ideal officer and the perfect gentleman, a lack of which is indicated by acts of dishonesty, unfair dealing, indecency, indecorum, lawlessness, injustice, or cruelty.

Elements.

(1) That the accused did or omitted to do certain acts; and

(2) That, under the circumstances, these acts or omissions constituted conduct unbecoming an officer and gentleman.

(3) Examples of offenses. Instances of violation of this article include knowingly making a false official statement; dishonorable failure to pay a debt; cheating on an exam; opening and reading a letter of another without authority; using insulting or defamatory language to another officer in that officerÂ’s presenceor about that officer to other military persons; being drunk and disorderly in a public place; public association with known prostitutes; committing or attempting to commit a crime involving moral turpitude; and failing without good cause to support the officerÂ’s family.

(yes I'm not a officer, but continualy insult a civilian in the presence of your CO and see if he chides you for it or not)

Honestly, Somthor, how hard do you have to work to be so dense?

You told me to remember my commission; commissions have not used the term "gentleman" in quite some time. Decades, as a matter of fact.

If you're referring to the UCMJ--and I recommend you drop that fairly quickly--you should specify that. If you're somehow insinuating I'm guilty of a felony by insulting you, I suggest you double your medication until your next ride on the short bus to the special ward.

It's obvious even here you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, what that clause means or how it's enforced, and are once more grasping at straws to argue an untenable position rather than simply shutting the fuck up, as any sane person would.

Delphi Aegis
posted 12-20-2003 09:30:05 PM
quote:
Bloodsage attempted to be funny by writing:
If you're referring to the UCMJ--and I recommend you drop that fairly quickly--you should specify that.

Didn't he do that not once, but twice?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 09:36:07 PM
quote:
Quoth Delphi Aegis:
Didn't he do that not once, but twice?

Where, exactly?

And if you point to the post to which I most recently replied, I'll have to rip your lungs out.

For your reference, here's what he said:

quote:

I don't see a UCMJ reference. Way back when, one was commissioned an "officer and gentleman." Congress changed the commissions somewhere in the early '80s to delete the sexist term. My commission doesn't reference being a gentleman.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 09:37:34 PM
quote:
Bloodsage got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I challenge you to actully count a statistically significant portion of my posts, and see exactly how many are about grammar.

Further, I challenge you to examine my posting habits to see exactly what tolerance I do have for typos and minor grammatical errors. You'll find I don't take issue except in extreme cases, or with idiots who insist being incorrect and incompetent is somehow just as good as communicating clearly.

Your hypocrisy lies not in your use of the ignore function, which I thought I made clear is no more than a personal decision, but in the fact that you're whining that I should just skip posts I don't like rather than reply to them. . .like you did to mine. That's the inherent fallacy in that type of reasoning.

You, and most others who insist readers somehow have a duty to overlook sloppiness, tend to shoot yourselves in the foot by exaggerating the alleged standards of those who do insist on a modicum of readability from those who attempt conversation. No one, least of all me, insists upon Master's level discourse and flawless written expression in good MLA style. You mock yourself and your argument by repeating such tripe. Further, such hyperbole is one example of the "style over substance" thing Diadem was whining about.

Who needs to count posts to examine your habbits? They're easy to see even in this post: fallacy attack, check. Literary references, check. Same stuff, different day.

Who's whining? I personally think it is funny, which I also think I said in my previous post, did you even read it? So predictable and easy to rouse.

You think I take you seriously, which I don't. But knock yourself out; you can keep trying to attack me, for what it's worth.

Yes, I do mock myself, hense the exaggeration. This fanfaire over Diadem's post is most entertaining.

-Mayer Rothschild
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-20-2003 09:42:59 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Honestly, Somthor, how hard do you have to work to be so dense?

You told me to remember my commission; commissions have not used the term "gentleman" in quite some time. Decades, as a matter of fact.

If you're referring to the UCMJ--and I recommend you drop that fairly quickly--you should specify that. If you're somehow insinuating I'm guilty of a felony by insulting you, I suggest you double your medication until your next ride on the short bus to the special ward.

It's obvious even here you haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about, what that clause means or how it's enforced, and are once more grasping at straws to argue an untenable position rather than simply shutting the fuck up, as any sane person would.

Like I said.. he has a fetish for googlesearch posting anything he sees that may or maynot be relevant to a word someone may have said a post before him, or a post he made. Usually with omitted parts, or completely lacking in understanding of what it is he just posted.

That, personally, is what I find most annoying is his inherant posting of 'facts' or documents goggled up, and then posting them without any coherant understanding of what he just posted means.

This military crap is getting rather old, if you were or weren't a member of the military, I personally don't care. However, you continue to support the assumption that if you were involved in the military it was on a 'Gump' clause. Trying to fall on it as a 'good boy clause' in every argument because you 'served' is also rather annoying.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-20-2003 09:43:12 PM
Besides, considering the situation, the textual brass-knuckles are not at all ungentlemanly.

posted 12-20-2003 09:46:24 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Odd: "cooth" isn't a word in any of the myriad dictionaries I own. Though I'll admit I was too lazy to get out the OED and look through the magnifying glass. Where on earth did you get the idea it was a word, and you were merely tricked by a homonym?

Further, the fact that, based upon a veritable cornucopia of behavioral evidence, I think you're an idiot, has nothing to do with my manners, my ability to move in sophisticated social circles, the time of day, or the price of tea in China. I've got little patience for morons, and none at all for aggressive ones who actively refuse to learn from their mistakes.

If you want to be treated like the suave, sophisticated, intellectual gentleman you seem to think you are, I suggest you start acting like it. How can you possibly expect anyone to believe any of the things you claim to be when every post screams "illiterate moron" in blinking neon letters?

cooth if placed in a search engine will get you many hits, perhaps some are misuseing it as I may have done as cooth=couth in many instances. Traditionaly cooth means cold and its orgin seems to be ANGLO-MANX. Today its been coined as a new word and meaning defined as the pleasent coolness under a pillow. You know when you turn a pillow over and its nice and cool in the summertime?

I'm not sophisticated. Only thing I expect from you is common curtesy as I have tried to show you.

Now that you mention it I recall that you are correct they removed the term servicemam/men in 86 or so. Regardless if its on your commision or not you know the gist of what I was saying. That you are required to act in a mannor in complience of social mores. I certianly dont mean to suggest you are guilty of a breach in article 188 or 187 either, but I do suggest that if you were to behave as you have toward me in front of your CO he would censor you for it.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 09:47:00 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Optimus Prime:
However, you continue to support the assumption that if you were involved in the military it was on a 'Gump' clause.

Ok, that was hilarious =)

-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 09:47:02 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Reynar absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Who needs to count posts to examine your habbits? They're easy to see even in this post: fallacy attack, check. Literary references, check. Same stuff, different day.

Who's whining? I personally think it is funny, which I also think I said in my previous post, did you even read it? So predictable and easy to rouse.

You think I take you seriously, which I don't. But knock yourself out; you can keep trying to attack me, for what it's worth.

Yes, I do mock myself, hense the exaggeration. This fanfaire over Diadem's post is most entertaining.

So you are stupid.

Jeebus.

Are you somehow claiming that it's somehow okay to argue fallaciously? That's just dumb; everyone points out fallacies when an argument is based on them.

Nor does taunting poor, beleaguered Somothor about his utter inability to form a coherent thought or correctly spell one word in three represent the entirety of my posting pattern. Do you argue stupidly just to prove your own point that it's somehow all right?

Finally, I must call you on the lame old cop-out, "I think you're funny, so I say things just to rile you." The universal last gasp of someone who can't hang in a conversation, and thinks admitted trolling is somehow more dignified than being proved wrong. Yeah, you meant to be nonsensical; that's the ticket.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 10:00:06 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote this stupid crap:
So you are stupid.

Jeebus.

Are you somehow claiming that it's somehow okay to argue fallaciously? That's just dumb; everyone points out fallacies when an argument is based on them.

Nor does taunting poor, beleaguered Somothor about his utter inability to form a coherent thought or correctly spell one word in three represent the entirety of my posting pattern. Do you argue stupidly just to prove your own point that it's somehow all right?

Finally, I must call you on the lame old cop-out, "I think you're funny, so I say things just to rile you." The universal last gasp of someone who can't hang in a conversation, and thinks admitted trolling is somehow more dignified than being proved wrong. Yeah, you meant to be nonsensical; that's the ticket.

Oh No! I'm stupid!?

Sure, it's just a message board, I'm not here to win any formal argument, I stated it from my second post, too bad you didn't read that and I had to spell it out for you.

Admitted trolling yep. But...what do you call this thread here? You initially started this thead as one big troll to encite people to flame/retaliate against you. But I suppose it's ok if you do it, right?

That's an interesting high horse you sit on. I'll ignore the fallacy at the beginning of your post, since I now know it's ok for you to do it

-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:00:25 PM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
cooth if placed in a search engine will get you many hits, perhaps some are misuseing it as I may have done as cooth=couth in many instances. Traditionaly cooth means cold and its orgin seems to be ANGLO-MANX. Today its been coined as a new word and meaning defined as the pleasent coolness under a pillow. You know when you turn a pillow over and its nice and cool in the summertime?

I'm not sophisticated. Only thing I expect from you is common curtesy as I have tried to show you.

Now that you mention it I recall that you are correct they removed the term servicemam/men in 86 or so. Regardless if its on your commision or not you know the gist of what I was saying. That you are required to act in a mannor in complience of social mores. I certianly dont mean to suggest you are guilty of a breach in article 188 or 187 either, but I do suggest that if you were to behave as you have toward me in front of your CO he would censor you for it.

This is exactly why you're virtually a pariah. Good God, man, have you not one working brain cell between you and your pet rock? Where the hell do you get this stuff?

"The coolness under a pillow"? "ANGLO-MANX"?

WTFO?

The only hit Google returns are proper names. The only entry in the OED is a Shetland/Orkney local name for a kind of fish, or an obsolete dialect form of "disease" oddly enough. I call shenanigans.

Finally, I told you to quit with the UCMJ crap. You don't understand it, you're misapplying it (as even a casual read of the section you posted shows), and you're about to annoy me. STFU on the subject, already. I am not, in any way, shape, or form, required to treat you with kid gloves and kowtow to your inflated sense of self-importance.

Get over yourself.

posted 12-20-2003 10:03:51 PM
quote:
From the book of Bloodsage, chapter 3, verse 16:

Wait one moment. (three words spelled correctly) Utter inability to form an coherent thought? You respond to my posts quite often. You point out the spelling errors and the holes in my logic. You tell me how my posistion is wrong or otherwise groundless. This must mean that you are able to not only read what I present, but understand its apparent intent. Thus I'm capable of thinking and expressing myself in a clear and consistent manner.

It may not be as clear and consistent as you may like but its enough to disprove your above quote.

I have a habit of running a search and cuting and pasting whatever seems to support my possition. I admit that freely.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: