EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Look Who Joined the Club!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:04:53 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Reynar absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Oh No! I'm stupid!?

Sure, it's just a message board, I'm not here to win any formal argument, I stated it from my second post, too bad you didn't read that and I had to spell it out for you.

Admitted trolling yep. But...what do you call this thread here? You initially started this thead as one big troll to encite people to flame/retaliate against you. But I suppose it's ok if you do it, right?

That's an interesting high horse you sit on. I'll ignore the fallacy at the beginning of your post, since I now know it's ok for you to do it

Which fallacy would that be?

And where did you learn to read minds? You should get a refund; you do it poorly. I started this thread to flame Black, as I think is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-20-2003 10:08:56 PM
hay guys, what's up?
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:10:27 PM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
Wait one moment. (three words spelled correctly) Utter inability to form an coherent thought? You respond to my posts quite often. You point out the spelling errors and the holes in my logic. You tell me how my posistion is wrong or otherwise groundless. This must mean that you are able to not only read what I present, but understand its apparent intent. Thus I'm capable of thinking and expressing myself in a clear and consistent manner.

It may not be as clear and consistent as you may like but its enough to disprove your above quote.

I have a habit of running a search and cuting and pasting whatever seems to support my possition. I admit that freely.

You're an idiot, Somthor.

"Understandable with enough time and effort" is not congruent with "clear."

How did you ever manage your alleged graduate degree in History, if you haven't the wit to do more than cut-and-paste in a wholly inadequate substitute for reasoning?

can you please fix my title
posted 12-20-2003 10:12:21 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Where the hell do you get this stuff?

"The coolness under a pillow"? "ANGLO-MANX"?

WTFO?

cooth

cooth and a pillow

If you can't find it I'm making it up or I'm wrong? I suggest next time you look harder or longer.

God forbid I should annoy you, I fail to see how much more unpleasent or genarly nasty you could be other than to become more verbaly abusive. Saddly I'm not trying to annoy you or get on your "bad" side, only trying to have an dialogue.

{edit} typo

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-20-2003 10:13:55 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Cuba:
If you can't find it I'm making it up or I'm wrong? I suggest next time you look harder or longer.

God forbid I should annoy you, I fail to see how much more unpleasent or genarly nasty you could be other than to become more verbaly abusive. Saddly I'm not trying to annoy you or get on your "bad" side, only trying to have an dialoge.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-20-2003 10:15:37 PM
I propose that Somthor is non other then Drysart in disguise.. baiting people into n00b bashing and eventual banning!

Or... not.

Either way, this thread sucks.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 10:18:16 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Which fallacy would that be?

And where did you learn to read minds? You should get a refund; you do it poorly. I started this thread to flame Black, as I think is intuitively obvious to the most casual observer.

"So you are stupid." -Ad Hominem, doesn't have much relevance in this logical argument you're trying to push does it? But then I've been doing it to you in the last few posts, but I'm also not boasting anything aside from amusment.

Not that I mind that comment in anyway, of course. It's just interesting to see you toss them out while slamming other people for doing the same thing.

I don't need to read your mind to see your intentions, which are the same as mine are now. I started my comments to rile you up. What's the difference? Both are equally pointless, aside from personal amusment.

Which is what this board is about, I dont think you'd post here if you didn't get at least some entertainment value from it. Heck, I'm sure you wouldn't even bother responding to me unless you got at a little tickle out of it

edit: grammer grammer grammer!

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited by: Reynar ]

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-20-2003 10:20:42 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I propose that Somthor is non other then Drysart in disguise.. baiting people into n00b bashing and eventual banning!

Or... not.

Either way, this thread sucks.

Actually, that'd be down right hilarious. As it would really not take to much work to copy/paste crazy crap from the net in order to pester people.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild

posted 12-20-2003 10:25:11 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
You're an idiot, Somthor.

"Understandable with enough time and effort" is not congruent with "clear."

How did you ever manage your alleged graduate degree in History, if you haven't the wit to do more than cut-and-paste in a wholly inadequate substitute for reasoning?

I ponder why you take the time and make the effort to read them in the first place. The degree of clarity is relative, you are able to read it and understand it enough to respond.

Yes I have an minor in History, I guess education standards here in Florida are lower than you guessed, either that or I'm brighter than you Imagined. It's also possible I'm lying about it, but who would claim to have a minor in History if they didnt actualy have it? Not much prestige minoring in somthing.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:29:12 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Somthor gently hums:
cooth

cooth and a pillow

God forbid I should annoy you, I fail to see how much more unpleasent or genarly nasty you could be other than to become more verbaly abusive. Saddly I'm not trying to annoy you or get on your "bad" side, only trying to have an dialoge.

Unless you've failed to notice, I'm fairly well informed as far as English goes. One of my Master's degrees, you see.

You'll have to pardon me for failing to recognize an obscure word in a Gaelic dialect from a study done in 1924. The best way to prove you stupid really is just to let you talk, isn't it.

And sorry, but finding a brand new colloquial use of "cooth" on an obscure Scandinavian website hardly disproves my point.

Honestly, if you want a dialogue you have to do several things:

First, get a clue: don't speak on subjects where your only knowledge is a random quote you haven't bothered to read pasted from the web. The internet != true.

Second, quit typing like an illiterate. Learn at least the basics of how to form a coherent argument (I thought you said you had a degree?) You can have no credibilty until the way you express yourself matches the concepts you are trying to express.

Finally, just back off. You may, through hard work and demonstrated worth, eventually earn respect. Face the fact that no one cares how you feel, and quit insisting people treat you with kid gloves and tea-and-crumpets style. If you had the wit and style to defend your preferences, things might be different, but you suck at arguing, so you should probably not go looking to be offended.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-20-2003 10:32:54 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Reynar wrote:
Actually, that'd be down right hilarious. As it would really not take to much work to copy/paste crazy crap from the net in order to pester people.

Crazier things HAVE happened.

You should check out some recent Sluggy. Bun-Bun is the controller of easter, halloween and thanksgiving now. And he's fighting the alien-santa.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:39:00 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Reynar gently hums:
"So you are stupid." -Ad Hominem, doesn't have much relevance in this logical argument you're trying to push does it? But then I've been doing it to you in the last few posts, but I'm also not boasting anything aside from amusment.

Not that I mind that comment in anyway, of course. It's just interesting to see you toss them out while slamming other people for doing the same thing.

I don't need to read your mind to see your intentions, which are the same as mine are now. I started my comments to rile you up. What's the difference? Both are equally pointless, aside from personal amusment.

Which is what this board is about, I dont think you'd post here if you didn't get at least some entertainment value from it. Heck, I'm sure you wouldn't even bother responding to me unless you got at a little tickle out of it

edit: grammer grammer grammer!

I knew you were going to play the ad hominem card, and almost addressed it pre-emptively. C'est la vie.

The simple fact that I've called you a name does not invalidate my argument, or represent hypocrisy. Since it's a flame, not a debate, the insults are part of the territory. Nor do I base my arguments upon ad hominem barbs. The name-calling is just icing to provide entertainment.

I'd also suggest you not assume any mystical ability on your part to upset me or push my buttons. If you'll notice, I routinely respond to all posts directed my way; you have no special ability to get my goat. "I'll say something stupid about Bloodsage so he'll reply, thus demonstrating my power over him!" seems kind of silly any way you slice it.

Finally, like I said last time, my motive for beginning this thread was no where near what you claim. I should know, after all. I posted this for no other reason than to flame Black for being childish.

posted 12-20-2003 10:40:06 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
[QB]Unless you've failed to notice, I'm fairly well informed as far as English goes. One of my Master's degrees, you see.

You'll have to pardon me for failing to recognize an obscure word in a Gaelic dialect from a study done in 1924. The best way to prove you stupid really is just to let you talk, isn't it.

And sorry, but finding a brand new colloquial use of "cooth" on an obscure Scandinavian website hardly disproves my point.

Yes you remind me of my Father he had a fantastic command of the english language, my exceptional vocabulary comes from him.

It doesnt matter how obscure the word is.. it exists... I said it did you suggested I made it up.

Yes just let me prove myself stupid, I dont need you to constantly state your opinion on that subject.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:45:01 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Somthor absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
. . .my exceptional vocabulary. . . .

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*pantpantpant*

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2003 10:50:24 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Somthor absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Yes you remind me of my Father he had a fantastic command of the english language, my exceptional vocabulary comes from him.

It doesnt matter how obscure the word is.. it exists... I said it did you suggested I made it up.

Yes just let me prove myself stupid, I dont need you to constantly state your opinion on that subject.

*Wipes a tear from his eye*

Do you honestly expect me to believe that you innocently confused an obscure Gaelic word or, even better, a hot-off-the-presses Scandinavian-English slang of some sort, for "couth"?

Or, when I called you on your rampant buffoonery, did you do a desperate web search hoping against hope you'd find something to assuage your fragile self-esteem?

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-20-2003 11:07:05 PM
So, when did you learn Gaelic? Or speak it? Oh, and see the URL?

It's a JOKE.

It's giving names to all the things that just.. ARE. None of them are real words. It came from a MESSAGEBOARD. What a sterling source - even though it's in no dictionary, slang or otherwise.

You keep saying 'if Bloodsage was insulting you infront of a CO', he's get in trouble... That argument is pointless. Why? because you, nor he, are in front of his commanding officer. The UCMJ says that he cannot be rude to another officer - in fact, it has NOTHING about being rude to civvies in front of other officers!

There's a boatload of difference between telling your ranking officer to suck your dick, and telling someone who WILL NOT SHUT UP about stuff that is wrong to shut the fuck up. He's not talking to you in ANY offical way; He is not acting in his capacity as an officer, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with his job.

You have no idea what you are talking about - you just did what you normally do, which is fuck up, then scramble to cover your ass. Somehow, you say that mixing up word A and word B When you KNOW that they have different meanings is... ok? That's worse then just being like "Oops. I misspelled it." I mean.. GOD.

Just give it a rest!

You talk about being a history major; doesn't that mean that you learned about sources? What sources are reputable, and how someone basically saying "Because my brother's nieces' roommate said so makes it true" IS NOT CORRECT? It's hearsay. Anything on a homepage (not a website, a newssite, or a government site) or anything on a message board IS NOT PROVEN. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it that way! You seem to have a HUGE problem with that.

Reputable sources.

And don't expect ANYTHING to be accorded to you. You aren't being a gentleman, and you sure havn't been 'all but polite'. You are acting like we owe you something - I don't owe you any respect until you earn it.

While I didn't like you, you lost almost all of any remaining respect when you posted an article to prove your point; and you edited it to make it seem like your point was valid!

Oh, and just an addition, not an attack: You may not ant to post pics of your kids online. It's usually a bad plan, because you don't know any of the people on the other side. (this is REALLY not sarcastic or anything. it's somewhat dangerous.)

EDIT: Proofreading rox. Really.

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited by: Gikk ]

posted 12-20-2003 11:10:31 PM
No I honestly expected you to belive me when I said I used the wrong word. I typed in Cooth becuse I mispelled/misused it. I mearly added that it was also a word in its own right.

Instead of just letting that go as the error I addmitted it was you had to go one to state that it in fact was not a word. Which ment I had to show you that it was. Which is why a thread that should have been dead and long gone is now in its 5th page.

posted 12-20-2003 11:32:42 PM
quote:
Gikk wrote this stupid crap:
[QB]So, when did you learn Gaelic? Or speak it? Oh, and see the URL?

It's a JOKE.

its a list of recent new words, not a joke.. I've seen it elsewhere It just so happened it was the first URL that mentioned it that I could find. It not easy to find something that is not in common use.

quote:

You keep saying 'if Bloodsage was insulting you infront of a CO', he's get in trouble... That argument is pointless.

I belive otherwise. I make that assertation because Its clear that that kind of behavior is frowned upon. His CO (his not a CO) Likly would wonder what the hell was wrong with Bloodsage for simply not walking away.

quote:

There's a boatload of difference between telling your ranking officer to suck your dick, and telling someone who WILL NOT SHUT UP about stuff that is wrong to shut the fuck up. He's not talking to you in ANY offical way; He is not acting in his capacity as an officer, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with his job.

sorry to burst your bubble but if you had read the article which you apparently didn't " Conduct violative of this article is action or behavior in an official capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the person as an officer, seriously compromises the officerÂ’s character as a gentleman, or action or behavior in an unofficial or private capacity which, in dishonoring or disgracing the officer personally, seriously compromises the personÂ’s standing as an officer..." It makes no difference if its unoffical or private or even job related.

quote:

I don't owe you any respect until you earn it.

never asked you personaly for anything, If you must know I feel about you the same way Bloodsage must feel about me.

quote:

While I didn't like you, you lost almost all of any remaining respect when you posted an article to prove your point; and you edited it to make it seem like your point was valid!

And? you want me to not edit for content? There is a difference from removing text (normaly with a ...) and changeing text. You will never see me post somthing as a Quote where I have removed text in a sentance or change the text in a sentence.

quote:

EDIT: Proofreading rox. Really.

I'll tell you what I tell anyone else. You dont like what I have to say? don't read it. See the Ignore function? make use of it. Come back someday when you have a timely retort to somthing I have said that hasn't already been addressed by someone else better than you. You act like a parrot IMO.

Oh btw Bloodsage told me to drop the UMCJ which I was doing. I suggest you do the same.

[ 12-20-2003: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-21-2003 12:58:16 AM
Nice!

The proofreading Rox comment belonged to my own post - I have this annoying habit of typing "talking" as tlaking - it's one of my own typos I hate the most, so I corrected it.

And as to editing for context, how about this post? http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=50870

You know, the one where you were crucifying a company by cutting all of the redeeming parts out without posting the original link.

As for the link you put forth: google.com has 3,307,998,701 webpages in it's database. It finds one sole instance of your "it's a word!" in all of those. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=cooth+pillow

Since you seemed to have skipped over it, let's go over this again. You claim to be a history minor! How did you manage to think that non-repuatble sources are as good as reputable ones? Hearsay is just that - it's like saying "Bill Gates will give me 250 for each time I forward this e-mail, because it's on 4 websites and in my e-mail!" Do you see the issue at hand?

Since you seem to think I'm an idiot (since you think of me what 'Sage thinks of you), why don't you ignore ME? As was rehashed previously between Ryenar and Bloodsage, one person saying "I don't like you! You don't like me! So YOU ignore me!" is hypocritical. I find you mentally engaging to argue with. I keep it off the main boards/thread (since I was poked by Drysart. I apologize for pulling it out of flame threads), so whatever I decide to do is my business. If I descide to argue with you, about you, to you, or with a TREE, it's my perogitive.

I find your tactic of 'googling' for anythign that may or may not be relevant and then throwing it up as a defense annoying. What I find much more frustrating, is someone will a: call the credibility of a source into question, b: will tell you 'I don't think this means what you think it means', or c: will provide more numerous and credible sources to refute your source, and you get VERY up in arms.

Calling me a parrot is nice and all. I would like to know who I'm parroting, just to be clear.

... Anyone got a cracker?

EDIT: Misstyped.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Gikk ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 06:10:08 AM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
No I honestly expected you to belive me when I said I used the wrong word. I typed in Cooth becuse I mispelled/misused it. I mearly added that it was also a word in its own right.

Instead of just letting that go as the error I addmitted it was you had to go one to state that it in fact was not a word. Which ment I had to show you that it was. Which is why a thread that should have been dead and long gone is now in its 5th page.

If I remember correctly, I stated that "cooth" wasn't in any of the myriad dictionaries I own. After you asserted that you had, indeed, used a real word. What was the point of that? After you got ridiculous, I even took the trouble to look in the OED, which, if you know anything at all, is the premier English lexicon. It was there, but in such an obscure usage as to be irrelevant. You simply could not accept the fact that you fucked up and looked stupid (yet again), and had to make a lame attempt to somehow redeem yourself by quibbling. Remember: all I said to start was, "Note the correct spelling."

Strike one.

Next, last I checked, we (I was, anyway) were speaking English. Whining that your inability to spell is somehow mitigated by the fact you occasionally--and purely by accident--spew forth words belonging to odd dialects in other languages seems a bit over-the-top. Welcome to your new job, typewriter monkey; good luck reproducing Shakespeare.

Strike two.

Finally, you seem to have forgotten that the internet != true. The word may, indeed, be a new colloquialism making the rounds somewhere. . .but you produce a Scandinavian website not written in English as proof? Get real. That's just one more example of your methodology of randomly cuttting and pasting anything at all, without the least bit of analysis on your part, that seems at first glance to support what you hope is true. The funny thing is, they rarely do, and your total inability to perform the most rudimentary common-sense check on your "sources" routinely puts you squarely in the spotlight as a complete loser who lacks even the basic survival instinct to quit fighting when he's been completely demolished.

Strike three.

The conclusion is obvious: you're stupid. Well meaning, but stupid nonetheless. Normally, that would be okay. You haven't the slightest awareness of your limitations, however, and you insist on flaunting the worst parts of your character. Stick to the happy fun threads. Or not, but don't whine when you find yourself crushed beneath a mountain of contempt every time you reassert your public idiocy. Even the dumbest animals learn from negative feedback; why can't you?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-21-2003 06:21:14 AM
It does bring up a little-enforced matter in flamewars, though: If you're going to quote something as unassailable, make sure it really is; or is as unassailable as possible so you don't look like a bloody moron. Someone touts the conservatives as being evil and uses a support from a left wing hippy website...that's dumb. Someone screeches about gun-nuts and how they're evil, and quotes from the Mothers Against Hicks With Firearms website...that's dumb. Someone quotes a Scandinavian website on English vernacular? That's right. You guessed it, that's dumb.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael ]

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 06:23:41 AM
myriad = 10 ,000 you own a thousand dictionaries! Holy crap! You are Webster! *points an accusing finger towards Sage*

(forgot a zero)

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Ace in the Spade ]

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-21-2003 06:25:49 AM
Humor aside, Sage is the guy I'd say is most likely to own four or five dictionaries. I own four myself; three common and one specialized.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 06:30:04 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about pies:
Humor aside, Sage is the guy I'd say is most likely to own four or five dictionaries. I own four myself; three common and one specialized.

I own a German-English one, a Japanese-English one, and a condensed version of the OED and an expanded version of the condensed (oxymoron? expanded condensed) digital version with all of the correct British pronunciations. Off the topic but I must admit its quite fun making my dictionary say saucy saucy words in proper english accents. Cheers!

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Ace in the Spade ]

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-21-2003 06:35:23 AM
OEM, Webster, World Book, American Heritage, and then the assorted sci fi ones.

Ace in the Spade
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 06:37:36 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's fortune cookie read:
OEM, Webster, World Book, American Heritage, and then the assorted sci fi ones.

Klingon?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-21-2003 07:11:34 AM
Klingon and Drow, yeah. And a fragmentary D&D High Elf.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-21-2003 07:12:38 AM
This thread is fucking stupid.

Please let it die so we can maintain a global average IQ over two.

hey
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 12-21-2003 07:59:29 AM
quote:
Jens had this to say about the Spice Girls:
This thread is fucking stupid.

Please let it die so we can maintain a global average IQ over two.

This thread is great. Best flamage since Emily posted a picture of herself as a redhead and Drysart replied asking if the carpet matched the curtains and hilarity ensued!

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 08:02:03 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

I own 5 straight-up English dictionaries, including the OED and Random House unabridged. I'd spring for the electronic OED subscription, but it's ungodly expensive.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 08:07:58 AM
quote:
Snoota startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
This thread is great. Best flamage since Emily posted a picture of herself as a redhead and Drysart replied asking if the carpet matched the curtains and hilarity ensued!

That was, indeed, hilarity^2.

posted 12-21-2003 10:35:30 AM
All I have at my desk is 20,000 words.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 11:03:33 AM
Nobody cares.

Honest.

posted 12-21-2003 11:16:33 AM
They likly care as much about that as they do you with your 4 different dictionaries.

Btw whats a matter with $295.00 for a yearly subsription to OED? Your a officer you make a decent living, you surely would make use of it. Its only what about 25 a month?

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-21-2003 11:30:18 AM
Somthor, for the love of all that is holy, let it die. You lost this argument on page 1 and you're only worsening your case with each passing post.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Savage ]

posted 12-21-2003 11:35:12 AM
Im not the one who resserected this thread. Sides the topic has changed quite a few times.

I've managed to lose several arguments by now.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 11:47:51 AM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
They likly care as much about that as they do you with your 4 different dictionaries.

Btw whats a matter with $295.00 for a yearly subsription to OED? Your a officer you make a decent living, you surely would make use of it. Its only what about 25 a month?

Actually, I can say with almost complete certainty that more people care how many and what kind of dictionary I own than they do anything at all about you. Except the eternal question, "Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick, when will Somthor give it up?!"

You were that kid who kept touching the hot stove, even after you found out it burned, weren't you?

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-21-2003 11:51:42 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Bloodsage:
You were that kid who kept touching the hot stove, even after you found out it burned, weren't you?

I hate you.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.

posted 12-21-2003 11:59:16 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Bloodsage stammered:
Actually, I can say with almost complete certainty that more people care how many and what kind of dictionary I own than they do anything at all about you. Except the eternal question, "Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick, when will Somthor give it up?!"

I doubt that. Still its the season for giving, would you like me to purchase a year of OED for you, since you seem to set such great importance on it yet cant seem to afford the subscription?

Mod
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 12:45:48 PM
quote:
Snoota said this about your mom:

Pity I seem to have missed that.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: