EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Look Who Joined the Club!

can you please fix my title
posted 12-21-2003 12:51:59 PM
for quite some time I thought your sig was somthing from dark shadows but the other day I finaly made the connection to B5
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-21-2003 01:09:56 PM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Pity I seem to have missed that.

Here ya go. Have fun.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Bummey the Savage ]

Mod
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 01:31:58 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Bummey the Savage said:
Here ya go. Have fun.

Wow that was a fun ride on the lolocopter, thanks.

Which reminds me, where did Dead Tired go anyway?

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 01:57:06 PM
quote:
Shazorx / Modrakien startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Wow that was a fun ride on the lolocopter, thanks.

Which reminds me, where did Dead Tired go anyway?

What, you're too good to click on the link I posted?!

Or was it the fact that my normal text color is indistinguishable from linkage?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-21-2003 01:59:14 PM
quote:
Bloodsage enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Actually, I can say with almost complete certainty that more people care how many and what kind of dictionary I own than they do anything at all about you. Except the eternal question, "Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick, when will Somthor give it up?!"

You were that kid who kept touching the hot stove, even after you found out it burned, weren't you?

Bloodsage... I'm telling you... I *need* to know about that dictionary!

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:03:37 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Somthor gently hums:
I doubt that. Still its the season for giving, would you like me to purchase a year of OED for you, since you seem to set such great importance on it yet cant seem to afford the subscription?

Dude, where did I say I wanted the subscription but couldn't afford it? I said it was expensive. . .as in "I choose not to spend my money on that."

The OED is a rather specialized tool, and, while it would be neat to keep updated, the expense doesn't pass the cost-benefit test.

If you really want to give me a Christmas present, you can start training for a marathon. Take scissors.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:05:23 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Monica absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Bloodsage... I'm telling you... I *need* to know about that dictionary!

/blazingsaddles

Excuse me while I whip this out.

*Produces a huge. . .dictionary*

What?

Holden
French Cocksucker
posted 12-21-2003 02:05:36 PM
What is this thread about again?

"America is dumb, it's like a dumb puppy that has big teeth that can bite and hurt you..."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:12:52 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:

I hate you.

Be nice to me, or I'll bring back .sig with the nutsack. . .

Mod
Pancake
posted 12-21-2003 02:15:49 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Bloodsage!
What, you're too good to click on the link I posted?!

Or was it the fact that my normal text color is indistinguishable from linkage?

Actually I recognize links by them standing out from the rest of the post, since your post was make up only by a link it threw me off, sorry.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:18:13 PM
quote:
Cookies & Cream! startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
What is this thread about again?

It's a transcendental journey to the center of the time cube, made possible by the fun-loving bumbling of Somthor, renowned for his zen-like ability to grasp the fundamental interconnectedness of all things, though mere keyboards are inadequate to the task of imparting such wisdom.

Hop on the groove train.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:19:28 PM
quote:
Quoth Shazorx / Modrakien:
Actually I recognize links by them standing out from the rest of the post, since your post was make up only by a link it threw me off, sorry.

posted 12-21-2003 02:20:05 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Bloodsage said:
Be nice to me, or I'll bring back .sig with the nutsack. . .

I'd love to be wrong but I think she was directing that to me.

Train for a marathon with a pair of scissors? wouldnt that be unsafe?

Lets go target shooting instead, you can stand down range

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:40:04 PM
quote:
Quoth Somthor:
I'd love to be wrong but I think she was directing that to me.

Train for a marathon with a pair of scissors? wouldnt that be unsafe?

Lets go target shooting instead, you can stand down range

'Fae is hawt chicks!

And aren't you the one who said you use large caliber ammo because you suck so bad that's the only way you could hurt anything? Given your demonstrated competence in everything else, I think I'd be more comfortable downrange than elsewhere if you were shooting.

Edit: here we go.

quote:
I have been PLaying video games since Pong, when I go target shooting I only hit the 10 ring by accident. I do hit the target everytime though and since I genarly use .44 mag rounds, it should do the trick.

[ 12-21-2003: Message edited by: Bloodsage ]

posted 12-21-2003 02:45:30 PM
Think you took that out of context but yes I do better with a larger caliber heavier handgun like my DE .44

It's never smart to be downrange no matter how bad you think I am. You and I both know better than that.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-21-2003 02:49:12 PM
Actually, that's the entirety of the post. Folks were talking target shooting, and you said you suck, but use big ammo to compensate.

What's not to understand?

posted 12-21-2003 02:54:07 PM
nothing now that you dug up the orginal post that I only half rembered. But it does also state I hit the target everytime, just not the 10 ring.

I am far and away from being a marksman but does it really matter if you get hit with a .44 hollow point in the chest or the upper arm or the thigh?

I did a study once on bullets. (sigh why am I even saying this) nm

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-21-2003 03:13:05 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Bloodsage said:
/blazingsaddles

Excuse me while I whip this out.

*Produces a huge. . .dictionary*

What?

*hides*

Niklas
hay guys whats going on in this title?
posted 12-21-2003 04:15:58 PM
quote:
Bummey the Savage wrote this stupid crap:
Here ya go. Have fun.

Ah, the days when the " " smilie was horribly overused..

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 12-21-2003 04:27:44 PM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about dark elf butts:
nothing now that you dug up the orginal post that I only half rembered. But it does also state I hit the target everytime, just not the 10 ring.

I am far and away from being a marksman but does it really matter if you get hit with a .44 hollow point in the chest or the upper arm or the thigh?

I did a study once on bullets. (sigh why am I even saying this) nm

Yes it does fucking matter if you get hit in the chest or the upper arm or the thigh.

I swear to fucking god, everyone thinks that bullets are fucking magical. M-16 bullets tumble through the air and bounce around inside a person's body! .50 Browning Machine Gun is so powerful, that anywhere you get shot, you'll die! .44 Magnum is powerful enough to blow a person's head clean off, because Dirty Harry told me so!

If you're counting on the caliber of your piece to incapacitate an assailant, then you shouldn't be carrying a fucking gun. Newsflash, Somthor - a .44 to the arm or the leg will not incapacitate a person less readily than a properly aimed .38 Special. Before you make some bogus assertion about a shock wave bursting blood vessels in the target's brain, let me assure you that you are WRONG. As determined by the Strasbourg tests, hydrostasis as a factor of handgun effectiveness is nil. There is only ONE guarantee of the effectiveness of any firearm, and it doesn't come from caliber, velocity, "stopping power", or any other mystical factor coined by mighty Chairborne Rangers. That guarantee is MARKSMANSHIP. You did a study on bullets, once, huh? If that's the case, then why are you spouting this blather about your .44 magnum being able to incapacitate no matter where it impacts, when there's a wealth of widely accepted, scientifically documented information available from people like the retired Col. Fackler that speaks to the contrary?

I'm curious, Somthor. Where do you conceal a pistol that weighs on the order of 4 or 5 pounds loaded and is roughly 10 inches long?

Please, Somthor. Educate yourself more on terminal ballistics before you make ridiculous assertions about firearms. Considering you have a concealed carry permit, there's far more to be lost due to your incorrect knowledge than your standing on some stupid message board.

That is, if you do indeed have a concealed carry permit. I'll give you that, though; I don't believe you're a liar, just uneducated about a LOT of things.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: