EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Chapter 2: Elven Roads
Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-12-2002 07:22:53 PM
Jean blinks once. And then twice. He shakes his head slowly, and then squints at the creature who he now seems to be a bit more friendly with than most first dates.

"Oh... hmm... err... Yes... fair one... Thine eyes, like radiant silver pools, have removéd the mist from mine... I doth see thee clearly now, and grieve, yes, I grieve, that ever I called thee Jenny, for that name dost not do thee justice. Prithee, fair one, tell me thine name?"

Jean looks around almost nervously, as if searching for some sort of assailant who is lying in wait.

"Oh, er... excuse me."

Jean lets his hands fall back to his side, scratching his chin.

"Oh, how rude of me! I have forgotten to introduce myself! I am Jean Olivier D'Underhill, slayer of the great dragon Palane, tamer of the remorhaz, he who snatched the golden tooth of Lord Bleehall from his very mouth, and Highwayhalfling Extrordinaire!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-12-2002 07:36:09 PM
Saeessira listens to the halfling, and giggles

My name is Saeessira Dawndancer Marigold...

She notices him look around, and looks at him...

You looking for someone? Or something?

She then hears his tales of his "accomplishments", and tacks one onto the list...

And colorsprayed by a mighty orc!

She then laughs uncontrollably for a few moments, and stops...

Sorry about that, I am just letting my sense of humor get away from me.

Now, a question. Who is this "Jenny"?

She then whispers...

and when we find a town...Ill buy us both a drink.

Sae then remembers...

Oh yes! I still have to introduce you to Ithar!

Sae then thinks for a moment...

"Ithar, oh Ithar...come here, I have someone for you to meet!"

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-12-2002 07:42:08 PM
Jean seems to ignore the fact that he was colorsprayed by an orc, apparantly tuning out that little tidbit.

"Jenny, she is a barmaid in my hometown... she has very copious amounts of drink on hand..."

Jean scans his surroundings again.

"Orcs? Nasty sort. Always grunting, hollering, and doing oh-so-rude things."

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-12-2002 07:44:54 PM
Oh yes, quite the smelly beasts, those orcs...

Too bad you didnt see that one that was so caught up in my beauty that he followed me part of the way down the river. He was drooling all over himself!

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-12-2002 08:13:50 PM
Falaanla

"Meet someone? Yey!" you hear the little magpie announce. After a few seconds, the little bird flits down from the trees, finding a comfortable landing spot on the halfling's beret. "Who I meet?" he asks, darting glances around, then back at you.

Arttemis

You see something very small dart towards you. Apparently it missed, however, since you didn't feel anything. Whatever it was, there don't see any others. Maybe a bird flew by. Odd though, you've never seen a bird fly quite that close to a person, except in the circus.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

NPC
Pancake
posted 04-12-2002 08:14:03 PM
"What... what happened?" Ara asks, a bit nervously. "What's all this color spraying business? My clothing doesn't look any different. Silvan, how long were we asleep?" she turns her head to glance at Silvan briefly, then looks back at the halfling and the daysprite, watching their performance.

When Ithar arrives, Ara lets out a slight giggle. "I'm glad I put my hair away," whispers to the robed elf beside her, with the corners of her mouth curled into a smirk.

Reyolen
Wanders too much for a custom title
posted 04-12-2002 08:20:51 PM
ic: Silvan turns toward the half-breed and stats, "Not very long. No more then a few minutes. Color spray, if you do not already know, is not actually a physical spray of color, but a spell that causes a blinding flash of multiple colors intended to render a victim unconscious and blind for a limited time. It appears the orcs have been defeated now, which is a blessing. However, I would rather the party forget the whole part about our being bested by an orc."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-12-2002 09:01:48 PM
Sae notices Ithar land on the beret...

"Meet him. You know, the guy who's head you just landed on..."

Sae laughs again at the thought, as she leans in to whisper to Jean...

See that elf over there? Name is Silvain. Stuck up, I tell ya. Quite fun to poke fun at though...

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-12-2002 09:10:08 PM
Jean chuckles.

"Stuck up, eh? Fun to poke fun at, eh?"

Jean rubs his hands together emphatically.

"I think I'll get along with him quite nicely..."

Jean wipes the sarcastic grin off his face, checks himself, and walks over to Sylvain.

"Greetings, there! I am Jean Olivier D'Underhill, highwayhalfling extrordinaire! I, being the kind, noble man that I am, decided to point out that your boot seems to be unlaced. You may want to fix that."

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-12-2002 09:14:10 PM
Sae watches Jean walk over, holding back laughter...
Reyolen
posted 04-12-2002 10:24:13 PM
ic: Silvan ignores the halfling the best that he can, merely glacing in his direction when his name was said. He moves toward Taylen, looking for the rest of the party.

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Reyolen ]

Taylen
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 09:26:26 AM
Taylen places a boot on the orc, and pulls his sword from it. He whipes his swords on the grass, and puts them away.

Taylen moves close to Aust, and looks him over closer. He says to Frey in elvish, "You are right, He doesn't looks so good. However, I think he'll survive, but we shouldn't leave him laying here." The leatherclad elf slides his arms carefully under Aust and lifts him, settling the weight, and heading back towards the group.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-13-2002 04:33:21 PM
Reyolen

Taylen ducks into the foliage beside him as you rise. He appears a few seconds later by the bridge, just as you draw near, carrying Aust over his shoulder.

Taylen

As you emerge from the foliage and approach the bridge, you notice Silvan approaching from the other side. Khazmon stands leaning on one of the guide rails, and doesn't appear to be in very good shape.

Falaanla

Your little companion stands up on the beret as the halfling wanders away. Once Jean pauses to 'play' with the robed elf, Ithar looks around himself, then between his legs, "Where head? I on pillow." The little bird sits down in the middle of the beret, and nuzzles in, "Ooh, comfy!"

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

NPC
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 04:38:29 PM
Ara smiles, still propped up on her elbow. She crosses her ankles, keeping her legs straight, so that her whole legs cross, and peers over at the halfling. "Tell me more about Jenny," she says quietly. "What's she look like?"
Reyolen
posted 04-13-2002 05:36:21 PM
ic: "Taylen." Silvan said with a nod, indicating a slight bit of respect in greeting, but not much, "What happened here? Explain to me everything, if there is time. I would prefer to know. Oh, is Aust going to live?" Silvan said almost as an afterthought.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-13-2002 05:57:05 PM
Jean...it would seem my companion has taken a liking to your beret...

I would hope that you don't mind it...

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-13-2002 06:15:20 PM
"Eh? What now?"

Jean turns back to Sae and raises an eyebrow.

"I don't mind... uh... your... companion?"

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-13-2002 06:18:14 PM
Sae points up at Jean's beret...

Take it off...carefully. His name is Ithar, a magpie.

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-13-2002 07:30:24 PM
"Oh. I see."

Jean chuckles.

"That's quite alright, as long as he does not befoul my oh-so-beautiful beret. It was oh-so-expensive, you know."

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 04-13-2002 07:33:11 PM
"Ach!" Khazmon thinks to himself. "Come on, lad! Don't let it beat ya!"

Khazmon shakes his head, and stands up as best he can, surveying everything around him.

Reyolen
posted 04-13-2002 07:39:04 PM
ic: While waiting for Taylen's answer, Silvan catches the dwarf move, and turns to look at him. He makes no inquiry of the the dwarf's well being, and after his quick glance he returns his look to Taylen.
NPC
Pancake
posted 04-13-2002 07:53:13 PM
"Ah, so the funny little bird has a funny little name, then," Ara giggles, looking up at the beret from her reclining position. "I hope he likes that hat better than my hair. It'd be hard to go walking about unnoticed with a bird on my head, after all." "Tell me about Jenny," the half-elven girl repeats, this time speaking in the Halfling tongue. Her accents and inflections sound as if she learned the language when she was but a girl of halfling height, though it is marred ever so slightly by a few hints of her Elven heritage.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-13-2002 08:00:47 PM
Ruvyen

It appears that the day has been won, though at a cost. Any orcs nearby lie still on the ground. Your handaxe rests on the floorboards of the bridge, where you dropped it when your arm went limp. Before you, Taylen carries the unmoving body of Aust on his shoulder. The lizardman who traveled with you now stands just downstream, with dead orcs sprawled around it. Silvan walks by as you turn to glance behind you. On the side of the bridge from which you came, Ara sits on the ground, propped up on her elbow. She appears to be chatting with the little winged girl, and a halfling you had not seen before. The halfling is wearing a brightly colored outfit, of some fancy among the wealthier merchants you've met, and has a small bird sitting on top of his puffy hat. A small goatee adorns the little man's chin.

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-13-2002 08:18:23 PM
Jean grins, leaning back slightly, and closing his eyes.

"She has the most beautiful blue eyes... sharp features... she was oh-so-soft to the touch, you see..."

Jean looks Ara up and down, taking in the sights, so to speak.

"Not quite unlike yourself, you know... beautiful hair as the finest strands of silk... a voice as melodic as that of the finest minstrels... lips, full and beautiful, the color of roses..."

Jean crosses his arms and looks around.

"I don't suppose any of you could regale me with a tale of your travels? You obviously seem as those who have seen much of the world, and I, being recently evicted from a nearby town, seem to have nowhere to go. They did not like my stories, I fear, and I wish to have one better for when I next stop."

Taylen
Pancake
posted 04-14-2002 07:20:38 AM
Taylen looks briefly over his companions with a worried look, and tries to remember if there is a elven temple or village that might have a healer nearbye. He answers the the robed elf with a slight bit of irony in his voice, "Aust crossed the bridge and was ambushed, then the orcs dragged him off into the woods. You and a couple others were knocked unconcious by an orc's spell. Afterwards we killed or drove off the remaining orcs. Frey has healed Aust and I expect him to live, though I would prefer to get him more complete healing to assure his continued survival."

[ 04-14-2002: Message edited by: Taylen ]

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Reyolen
posted 04-14-2002 09:36:35 AM
ic: "Well that is good, I wouldn't want Aust to die now, against a bunch of orcs. I gathered the spell part after I awoke. We should hurry to Destindeterre so Aust can get better healing." "and so I can get out of this orc infested forest. Silvan thought.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 04-14-2002 12:09:59 PM
OOC - Apologies for missing my chance on the relation of how Drakkenclaw thought during the visions, but apparently I took too long a time doing all these uploads to my new computer. Falling asleep on the keyboard is most certainly a new first for me.

Anyway, I think I'll be able to take control of him again now. Thanks for the brief NPC, and sorry about not being able to run him then.

=+=

IC - Drakkenclaw shakes his head slightly, before looking about him. He had contributed nothing to the carnage around him in the least. Instead, he was standing amidst the others' kills. He had no right to them.

The lizardman then silently turns, and walks upstream many yards through the collection of those he followed (I think it's upstream - basically, he follows the river's path through the group and off from it). He observes what has transpired as he walks, and then, reaching a spot at a distance from them, he kneels by a still spot on the river's edge.

NPC
Pancake
posted 04-14-2002 01:34:44 PM
A soft blush fills Ara's cheeks. "Good sir, you flatter me nearly as much as you flatter yourself," she says softly in the Halfling tongue, her lips curled into a gentle smile, and she bats her eyelashes twice in succession. "Though I'm afraid I cannot do your Jenny justice with the emerald circles set above my cheeks. It's a shame, I usually have a talent for such games of mimicry." After that, she returns to Common, and speaks without the hush in her voice. "Perhaps the tale was not the trouble, but the solitude of the teller. Even in such a softly spoken profession, one of such prestigeous accomplishments as those of which you speak would surely have an apprentice or two," she reverts to Halfling for the remainder of her sentence, "either at his side or among the crowd."
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 02:50:12 PM
Taylen

You can recall no settlement within a half day's travel. You might be able to find something by heading northward for a day, but in that time you could probably reach Destindeterre just as easily. Aust's condition seems fairly stable, though he will still need to be tended to if he is to recover.

Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 04-14-2002 03:45:47 PM
"Aye, 'tis normally true. However, in such a delicate trade as my own, an apprentice becomes very... cumbersome, to say the least."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-14-2002 07:31:37 PM
You know, maybe we should check through the pockets of those orcs. Ya know, see if they had anything important?

With that, Sae walks up to the dead orc shaman and searches his corpse to see if there is anything of value.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 08:19:36 PM
Falaanla

The orc shaman has a lot of baubles made from dried bones, stones, and a few small teeth. None of it really looks special, or even comfortable. Even if any of it did look more appealing, the creature is far larger than yourself. There is a pouch at its hip, with various herbs and other odd bits that might be used in spells. The creature's only weapon is a small bone dagger, of no special value. Then, just as it seems pointless to continue, you notice a glint in the water. The creature's hand and arm had fallen into the stream, and beneath the gentle current, a small golden ring sits on the orc's thick finger. You would have to step into the water to pull it off.

Drakkenmaw

The waters are clear and slow-moving. With the deaths of the orcs, this place seems quiet and serene... with the exception of your traveling companions prattling on with each other back on and around the bridge.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-14-2002 08:25:57 PM
Sae does what she can to take that pouch, figuring it may be useful for her at some point...she then notices the ring, and goes to the water. She then shivers a bit, and reaches down to take the ring off the finger of the shaman...

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 08:37:53 PM
Falaanla

The shaman's pouch adds a bit to the weight of your shoulder bag, though you should still be able to carry it without difficulty. The water soaks your feet through your shoes as you step into the stream, and the fringes of your gown begin to soak up the water.

You find the ring difficult to remove from the shaman's finger, and apparently with reason. The inside of the ring has four small barbs, spread evenly around its circumference. They would not be enough to catch your tiny finger, though that's mainly because the ring is too large for you anyhow. A small trail of blood rolls away down the stream from the orc's hand, its finger shredded by the ring's removal.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-14-2002 08:39:02 PM
Sae sits there for a few moments and looks at the ring curiously, wondering just what those barbs are for, as she flies a couple feet off tjhe ground over to the next orc, and while flying over she puts the ring in her bag.

Hopefully this gown wont take TIOO long to dry...

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 08:43:17 PM
Falaanla

The orc in chain garb lies mostly in the water, its already rusted garments bulging out above the stream's surface. You could land on the creature's body to inspect it, but trying to do so from the shore beside would be fruitless, and the partial dam made by the creature's body makes standing in the water seem like a bad idea.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-14-2002 08:46:06 PM
Sae decided to land on top of the orc, standing on top of it. She kicks it once or twice, giggles, then goes through whatever pockets she can find on this one also...
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 08:49:37 PM
Falaanla

The creature doesn't appear to have any pockets, at least not that you can find. The only thing of value that you can see is yet another fat gold ring, placed on the same finger of the same hand as the one you pulled from the shaman. Both the creature's arms are submerged, and you'd need to get very wet to pull this ring off yourself.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-14-2002 08:53:00 PM
Sae looks, and notices the second ring. Seemingly out of nowhere she jumps into the water to attempt to retrieve this ring...
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-14-2002 09:05:39 PM
Falaanla

Your gown, your wings, your hair, and anything else you had with you is now quite thoroughly soaked. Fortunately, most of it won't be damaged by water anyway. If you had any dried trail rations, they wouldn't be dry now. The water comes up to your chest as you stand. If it was flowing more quickly, you might be swept away.

You find this ring slightly more difficult to remove, but it eventually tears free. The blood begins to pool in the nearby water, and may get on your gown if you stay too long. Unfortunately, all this water makes flying out of the question.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: