EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Chapter 2: Elven Roads
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-04-2003 11:00:11 PM
ooc:
As promised, chapter 2 ends today. This is a final post for all PC's and NPC's, concluding the chapter and all events therein.

I'm glad that someone finally posted before I got mine in. The lack of activity has been... disappointing.

Drakkenclaw stands slowly, and looks at the fallen orc tent, with hardly any expression on his face. After a moment, he looks over at Taylen, up at Saeessira, down at Jean, then back at the tent. "We can check the tent now," he says in a deep, rumbling voice, providing a single answer to everyone's questions. He then walks around towards the base of the tent, lifts up the hide at its base, and begins looking around beneath it.

"Methinks the tall one needs lessons in the art of speaking his mind," Jean smirks, rolling his eyes. "Now, on to the business at hand. Jean Olivier D'Underhill does not so easily abandon that which he counts among his possessions. Into the depths of undertent go I!" With that, Jean climbs under the fallen tent near its peak, disappearing under its folds. All that remains visible of him is a shifting lump in the otherwise idle skin of the tent.

Once Drakkenclaw and Jean disappear under the tent, Taylen returns to his efforts at removing the orc's armor. He reaches down, and lifts the creature's arms above its head. Then, grabbing hold of the wrists of the armor, the elf gives a series of hard tugs, pulling the armor upward. The orc's body bobs off the ground, then down, then off again, making a heavy thud against the earth each time it lands on the ground again. Slowly, the armor begins to slide up off the orc's shoulders, until its bare chest sticks out, and only its head and arms remain buried in the torso of the armor. Shifting his grip under the armor shoulders, he lifts the piece carefully off the orc, and lays it down beside the construct. Winded, he pauses a moment to catch his breath.

With the rest of the group distracted by Drakkenclaw's endeavor, Silvan turns his attention on the tent filled with crates. I did leave several bottles in there, didn't I, he thinks to himself, and begins walking back towards the tent. He lifts the flap aside and steps through, then begins checking through the various crates to find the ones with wine bottles nestled in them. After a moment, he locates both crates, and picks one up under each arm. As he exits the tent, he presses the flap open with his shoulder, then rolls away from it, so as to keep his cargo out of harm's way.

"What you mean where are I?" Ithar answers Saeessira's question, "I up here, you up here, you see me, I see you, see?" The little bird flits in a tight circle around his daysprite companion, then goes back to wider circles around the camp, "I no see things to take, things I see too heavy."

Okay, Saeessira projects to Ithar, there's always next time. After a moment, she adds, as a silly grin crosses her face, and it looks like snooty mister Silvan Koras may have his hands full for a while...

Ara, meanwhile, sifts through the various weapons in the northeast tent, searching for any that she could use. No, no, no, no... she thinks to herself, as one weapon after another lands in a second pile with a clank. Finally, she picks up a small sickle, and starts turning it over in her hands. This should be good for something, she ponders, at least it'll cut cloth easy enough. Easier to hide than a climbing hook, too. With that thought in mind, she slips the sickle into her pack. Then she sticks her hand into her pocket, and remembers what she got off Silvan earlier. Pinched between her fingers, she holds a small grey stone, I wonder what makes this so important that Silvan would hide it, she thinks, then says quietly, "It doesn't look like much." She opens her fingers, expecting the stone to drop into her palm. Instead, the stone flies up, and begins to circle around her head. Ara panicks, and scrambles out of the tent, beginning to shriek, the stone circling haphazardly around her head as she moves.

Taylen whirls around, half expecting to see another orc charging out behind the frightened elven girl. Instead, his eyes go wide, then he starts to chuckle, as Ariana scrambles around, swatting at a small grey insect circling her head. Freya, who stands nearest to the tent from which Ariana had emerged, runs over to the girl, and makes several grabs for the small object. Then she notices something odd. "Mrr, it does not rrreac-t," she says, looking at the still-nervous Ariana. "Even flies rrreact to dangerrr. That is a rrrock."

"A rock?!" Ariana says in a panic, then suddenly calms down, and says in a sort of daze, staring at Freya, "A rock. It's... it's a rock." She reaches up, and holds her hand out in front of her eyes. The stone lands in it, and she closes her fist quickly. Saeessira starts to giggle, Aust breaks out laughing, and even Freya manages a small smile. Silvan does not laugh, however. He grows slightly pale, and takes a step back. Fortunately for him, nobody else notices.

Jean pops out from under the collapsed tent a second later, dagger in hand. "What's going on out here?" he asks, noticing the commotion. "Did I miss something?"

"Nothing important," Taylen replies, as he takes hold of the orc's armor by its ankles. Planting his foot heavily on the orc's abdomen, he gives the legs a heave. The armor pants come off with a single tug. "And if the lizardman would complete his affairs, we can leave." Jean nods, and begins to gather up the three small crates.

Finally, Drakkenclaw climbs out from inside the collapsed tent, "There is nothing here worthy of salvage." He walks over to the construct, and stands silently.

As Taylen gathers up the armor, Jean approaches him, carrying three identical open crates in his arms. "Would you mind carring these inside that armor?" Taylen nods, and stuffs the legs inside the torso to plug its holes. He then takes the crates from Jean, one at a time, and stuffs them in, filling the armor. Jean smiles, "Alright, then, if that's all there is to our business here, then let us be off, to find new adventure upon the glorious road!"

Taylen leads the way, with Jean close at his heels. Freya follows off to one side, leaving Ariana to compose herself. Aust follows as well, while Silvan wanders over to Ariana. "Come on, it's time to go. And put that in your pocket, we don't need any more commotion." Ara nods and stands, then the two of them follow the others. Saeessira hovers above the two of them, giggling playfully, as little Ithar flutters from branch to branch overhead. Drakkenclaw follows quietly behind them all, his face as expressionless as ever. As Freya runs ahead past Taylen, she reminds him once again in Elven, "I do not like cities. I will not go." She then pauses, and whistles for Twin Moon, who soon swoops down to land on her arm.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-04-2003 11:29:00 PM
ooc:
That's all for chapter 2.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: