EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anybody want to buy a PS2?
nem-x
posted 11-24-2002 03:48:41 PM
I didn't read this thread.

I own a PS2 currently. I have all the major games. I like it.

I would like to have an X-Box so I could get Splinter Cell, Halo, Shenmue II, and probably Steel Battalion to join in on the fad.

Gamecube... I'm not entirely interested in. Metroid Prime looks spiffy and Zelda would probably be pretty fun despite the graphics. OMFG I just found out that the gamecube has "MaryKate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive". I MUST GET THIS!

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-24-2002 03:49:04 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Duck Tales:
Makes a good sounding argument, though, doesn't it?

Not to anyone whos brain receives regular amounts of oxygen, no.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 03:49:35 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's fortune cookie read:
Makes a good sounding argument, though, doesn't it?

Heh, Colour me wrong on this count, I didn't have a specific reason as to why they weren't selling in Japan, and assumed. Oh well.

YOu have assumed a lot it seems. And you are just as wrong on them as you are on the Japan thing

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:49:53 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by »Waisztarroz«:
I refuse to buy a console as small as the Gamecube.

What if I drop it behind the couch and can't find it ever again?

its small lol

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-24-2002 03:51:57 PM
quote:
How.... nem-x.... uughhhhhh:
OMFG I just found out that the gamecube has "MaryKate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive". I MUST GET THIS!

ROFL

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:52:58 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Comrade Snoota wrote:
its small lol

Okay, Drys needs to change the screen you get after posting a reply now

It should have

XBOX IS HUGE LOL
gamecube is small lol

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 03:53:06 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about pies:
Fuck you, 'Sage. I'm not a fucking moron, I know how to stack inventory.

And the ONLY thing I have mentioned is that Microsoft is desperate to sell them, since they AREN'T selling well. As is evident by the various deals that Microsoft themselves offer to EB.

It's fine that you like the games that come out. More power to you. I don't reccomend the Xbox because most of those "Other" games that are coming out for it are cross platform. That doesn't mean that I go around the store to customers and say "OMFG XBOX SUCKS!!!!". I'd be fired if I did. Since I haven't been fired yet, GEE, I must be doing my job right.

I've already sold plenty of Xboxes. Yeah, I can argue for it, using a lot of the same stuff you use. And some stuff you don't know. Xbox live is really nice, seeing as how there isn't microphone support for the 'cube, and hardly any (Yay Socom) for the PS2.

If you want to shoot the shit, I'm all up for debating about which system is the "Omfg splurt best!", but the second you start calling me a moron because a shelf that wasn't designed to hold 500 pounds of console breaks, well, thats when you become an asshole.

You're the moron that stacked the shit wrong, dude. Then blamed it on the consoles, like they stacked themselves, or something.

Had you anything intelligent to say, or were interested in anything but mindlessly slamming X-Box, you'd not have led by calling it "shit-box" in your very first post.

Oh, yeah: you're oh, so professional and unbiased. Yessiree.

Dick.

And the only good X-Box games are cross-platform, huh? I don't remember seeing Halo or Munch's Oddysee on the other platforms. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Nor should you confuse the platform with the software, as any idiot should know. If you have a beef with the current library, then you should have the sense to state your reasoning and enter into a polite discussion.

Instead, you chose simply to go on and on about the size of the box, as if that had the slightest bit to do with anything. Which again showcases not only your ignorance, but your bias.

If you want polite discussion in the future, I suggest you start more gently. Or, if you're going to start something, at least come prepared.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 03:55:07 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by nem-x:
Gamecube... I'm not entirely interested in. Metroid Prime looks spiffy and Zelda would probably be pretty fun despite the graphics. OMFG I just found out that the gamecube has "MaryKate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive". I MUST GET THIS!

X-Box has a Nicktoon Party game! omg!

And being a severe gamer. I would like to say that all 3 systems are great, though since the X-Box doesn't nearly have as large as a market as both Sony and Nintendo, they don't have as many developers as they'd want. Thats the reason it's "failed" and Microsoft is really trying hard on the deals to get them to sell.

It still has it's great games, such as HALO, Knights of the Old Republic. But without big name developers like Square, it's not going anywhere fast.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:56:32 PM
GBA has a Spongebob game!

MUST HAVE!

Er, wait, I already have a GBA

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 03:58:52 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and nem-x was all like:
I didn't read this thread.

I own a PS2 currently. I have all the major games. I like it.

I would like to have an X-Box so I could get Splinter Cell, Halo, Shenmue II, and probably Steel Battalion to join in on the fad.

Actually, Splinter Cell is due on PS2 as well. Halo... I refuse to play any FPS style game unless I can hook up a keyboard/mouse and do it the REAL way. Steel Battalion looks nice, though

Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 04:02:38 PM
Bloodsage and Delphi are about one personal insult away from being smacked up like one of my ho's.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 04:02:53 PM
quote:
Khyron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
BS : I'm fine with that statement, so long as you don't group me with Delphi.

I gave my reasons, games. I stated my opinions, and I know they're my own. I stated what I would recommend and why. I concur that the X-Box has some nice specs and I don't diss on the box any more than I diss on the PS2 or the NGC. I do diss on the games because, honestly, I see only two I would play, personally.

Hell, I've got no problem if you don't like it.

But at least you say why you don't like it, and leave others to their tastes.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 04:04:05 PM
I didn't say it was a "Shitbox" on my "very first post"

Read sometime, whydontcha?

And for the record, I didn't stack them on the shelves, I was handing them to Matt, a fellow employee, who, by the way, has been working there for two good years, and is the only parttimer who can close the store, when the shelf ripped out of the wall.

And if you claim I was "Mindlessly slamming Xbox", then you've got one hell of a set of blinders on. It's damn big, sure, and they would have done a lot better if they didn't pack it with bloody lead, or anything.
And they ARE desperate to sell them, as I've said time and time again, and you conveniently ignore, since you can't argue against it.

And perhaps if you want a "polite" debate next time, you shouldn't come in on the second page of a thread and directly insult someone.

Just a thought.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 11-24-2002 04:05:47 PM
.. As far as buying one goes...

I'd rather pay 160 for one at work, and get a warrentee.

... They do come with a warentee, right?

Oh, and I'd be able to return it for 90 days.

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 04:06:05 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Hell, I've got no problem if you don't like it.

But at least you say why you don't like it, and leave others to their tastes.

I also don't like it because I put it in my car and my car folded in half

Then I got a new car and I tried putting the X-Box in my house, but it fell off the countertop and punched a hole through the crust of the earth and now there's a volcanic chimney in my living room.

So then I figured I would take it back, but the combined weight of four X-Box's had sunk the mall so low, when I got to the top of the parking garage, I got scared by all of the bat-winged figures with pitchforks dancing around a bonfire of twisted, disfigured souls.

At that point I realised I had stopped breathing and started again. Then the world was safe once more.

The end!

nem-x
posted 11-24-2002 04:06:24 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Tron:
Actually, Splinter Cell is due on PS2 as well. Halo... I refuse to play any FPS style game unless I can hook up a keyboard/mouse and do it the REAL way. Steel Battalion looks nice, though

Seriously? I thought it was only coming out for the X-Box and PC.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 04:06:57 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
You can trade it in to EB and get like, 120 dollar credit towards almost anything in the store, if you want.

Hell, if you trade in the PS2 and three games, you get a shit-box for free.

This is your first post in the thread.

Enlighten me.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 04:07:45 PM
Also, I want everyone who says gamecube discs can hold three (or two or however much) times as much as an xbox disc to realize something.

Diameter of a gamecube disc: 8cm (4cm radius).
Diameter of a xbox/ps2 (dvd) disc: 12cm (6cm radius).

Area of a circle: 2*pi*r^2

Surface area of a gamecube disc plus hole in middle: 101cm²
Surface are of a xbox/ps2 disc plus hole in middle: 226cm²

Both have a 1.5cm diameter (0.75cm radius) hole in the middle, so subtract that (3.5cm²), and you get 98cm² and 223cm² surface areas of the discs, for gamecube and xbox/ps2 respectively.

Anyone who says that gamecube disc with less than half of the surface area of a dvd disc can hold more data than a dvd disc is probably lying right out their ass.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: »Waisztarroz« ]

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 04:10:10 PM
quote:
»Waisztarroz« was naked while typing this:
Anyone who says that gamecube disc with less than half of the surface area of a dvd disc can hold more data than a dvd disc is probably lying right out their ass.

Who cares how much data a disc can hold. We've seen more than 1 case where multi disc games were released

You just brought up a useless fact.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 04:12:22 PM
quote:
Dolemite got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Bloodsage and Delphi are about one personal insult away from being smacked up like one of my ho's.

Does this mean I should get back out on the corner?

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 04:12:55 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Skaw wrote:
Who cares how much data a disc can hold. We've seen more than 1 case where multi disc games were released

You just brought up a useless fact.

That wasn't the point.

A lot of gamecube fanbois have stated that gamecube discs hold more than a dvd disc.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 11-24-2002 04:12:58 PM
quote:
From the book of Delphi Aegis, chapter 3, verse 16:
They can't PAY people to buy an Xbox in japan since it's so huge.

Huge X-Box controller break wrists of scrawny Japanese?

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 04:15:14 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about John Romero:

MS's exclusive rights to Splinter Cell run out at the end of this year

Edit- but that's not to say they won't buy it back.

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Cetona ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:16:54 PM
Ooo, I got it!

This is how the reply screen should look

XBOX IS HUGE LOL
gamecube is small teeheehee

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 04:17:27 PM
Microsoft's bigest mistake was the size of the system.
Nintendo's was the use of smaller non-standard Media. These disk only hold about 1.5GB compared to the 6 or so of the others.
Sony didn't make a big mistake really. However the PS2 is really about a generation behind the other two. The Graphics are sub-Par compared to the Gamecube and XBOX. At least in all the games I have seen.
I hate pixilation adn that is what I see on every PS2 Game.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Skaw
posted 11-24-2002 04:23:12 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Azizza wrote:
I hate pixilation adn that is what I see on every PS2 Game.

Hating graphics is the most shallow thing anyone who plays games can do

Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 04:23:53 PM
quote:
Microsoft's bigest mistake was the size of the system.

Does anyone, seriously, base their console decision on its size? I can't see how it would affect anything.

quote:
Nintendo's was the use of smaller non-standard Media. These disk only hold about 1.5GB compared to the 6 or so of the others.

No big deal. They can always include multiple CD's. And they've always been against pirating, which is why they used mini-disc (same reason they used carts on N64)

quote:
Sony didn't make a big mistake really.

The lack of 4 controller ports is something I don't like, even though if it was just for the money and it wasn't really a "mistake"

quote:
However the PS2 is really about a generation behind the other two. The Graphics are sub-Par compared to the Gamecube and XBOX. At least in all the games I have seen.
I hate pixilation adn that is what I see on every PS2 Game

What games have you been playing?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:24:40 PM
quote:
Skaw stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Hear, hear!

I have got to agree there.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 04:24:51 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Skaw wrote:

Why? Video games are a visual media, they should be visually stimulating.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 04:26:36 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Cetona said this:
Does anyone, seriously, base their console decision on its size? I can't see how it would affect anything.

Trust me, when you have to haul systems between houses for LANs, and you dont have a car, XBox is your WORST enemy. I can at least fit a cube in a small bag, or carry it with one hand.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:27:17 PM
quote:
Cetona had this to say about Captain Planet:

Its game library that's keeping me from considering the XBox, but I do have to admit that the first time I saw it completely I thought to myself "Dear lord, where would I put something that big??"

And I see you out there, sickos! NO perverting that!

Even if I did phrase it like that on purpose

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 04:29:18 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota attempted to be funny by writing:
Why? Video games are a visual media, they should be visually stimulating.

Cuz it's about the gameplay and story, dude.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 04:29:26 PM
quote:
This one time, at Bloodsage camp:
This is your first post in the thread.

Enlighten me.

This is your first post on the thread:

quote:
This one time, at Bloodsage camp:
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, actually.

And this kind of blind anti-Microsoft bullshit is simply pathetic.

You should fuck off, now.

Explain, exactly, how you would like a polite debate when you start on page two with that?

And yes, space is sometimes an issue, Fal. We don't all have spacious rooms to spread out in and stuff.. Though I suppose I could stack a Xbox, a PS2, and then a gamecube on top of each other.. Heh.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 04:31:50 PM
Delphi dodging Bloodsages point is funny.

teehee!

nem-x
posted 11-24-2002 04:32:56 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Delphi dodging Bloodsages point is funny.

teehee!

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 04:33:06 PM
quote:
nem-x attempted to be funny by writing:

My mistake. I was looking through a release list and thought I saw it on there

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 04:34:17 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about pies:

Cuz it's about the gameplay and story, dude.

Yes, but it's hard to have fun when you can't tell what it is you're supposed to be looking at.

And even review magazines.. for as long as there have been Game Reviewers, there has been a score for Graphics. Because graphics are important to the overall fun and feel of the game. If not we'd all still be playing with Pacman-esque graphics.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 04:36:21 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota was listening to Cher while typing:
If not we'd all still be playing with Pacman-esque graphics.

Teg-Man follows a path of pellets and chomps through Snoots head.

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 04:37:47 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Yes, but it's hard to have fun when you can't tell what it is you're supposed to be looking at.

And even review magazines.. for as long as there have been Game Reviewers, there has been a score for Graphics. Because graphics are important to the overall fun and feel of the game. If not we'd all still be playing with Pacman-esque graphics.

I concur. Any game that's fun can be made more fun, more stimulating, more entertaining by improving the graphics. It won't make the game not fun, but it improves the experience.

Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 04:38:54 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Cuba:
I concur. Any game that's fun can be made more fun, more stimulating, more entertaining by improving the graphics. It won't make the game not fun, but it improves the experience.

Indeed..

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: