EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Anybody want to buy a PS2?
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 02:48:20 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent »Waisztarroz« said:
Wow, your stupid fucked up heavily-biased opinion sure does help matters a lot!

Thanks, Delphi. I can see it all correctly now.

Oh yeah, that's why fifteen employees who saw the exact same fucking thing agreed with me, and wondered why it was so.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-24-2002 02:49:56 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent »Waisztarroz« said:
Actually, I have been to an EB.

Don't you guys sell speakers? If I recall correctly, some of those speaker boxes are a great deal heavier than Xbox boxes.

While one speaker box is generally heavier then an Xbox, we usually have like, what, two or three in stock?

We have at least 30 Xboxes in the store right now. They have to go somewhere, and if they go on the floor in the back room, how are we gonna get to the rest of the games?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 02:51:54 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Delphi Aegis wrote:
Me and Khyron have an educated, informed opinion on the Xbox. The games are not fun, most of the stuff on it is ported (Save steel batallion), and microsoft is trying to pull deals out it's ass to get it to sell.

Maradon's opinion consists of "OMFG ITS KIDDY ONOSE!!" and that's basically it, from what I've seen.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, actually.

And this kind of blind anti-Microsoft bullshit is simply pathetic.

You should fuck off, now.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 02:53:10 PM
Uh oh.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 11-24-2002 02:53:52 PM
quote:
How.... Comrade Snoota.... uughhhhhh:
I'll just laugh while I'm playing Knights of the Old Republic six months before you, and you never play Project: Ego at all.

Aha. Ahaha. Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

^^^ It'll probably sound like that.

And I'll go play some Devil May cry, and laugh.

Or FF10

Or GTA3 VC. Or Wild Arms 3.

How was it you put it? Oh yeah

Steven Steve
posted 11-24-2002 02:54:49 PM
game over
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-24-2002 02:55:05 PM
I dunno if you've noticed this in other threads or not, Delphi, but Sage has an informed opinion on the XBox as well because he owns one, I believe.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 02:56:07 PM
And Delphi!

My post wasn't about informed opinions or what not. It was about simply not liking something.

I do not like the Playstation. Unless I get it for Christmas or for my Birthday or something without asking, I will never own one. I do not like the Playstation.

It's perfectly acceptable to say, "I do not suggest buying the Xbox, I feel.. blah blah blah."

It becomes childish and unacceptable when you say, "ROOFLES SHITBOX!! MICRO$OFT SUX SO THE SHITBOX IS SHIT ROOFLES! AND ITS HUGE LOL"

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 02:57:55 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Bloodsage:

BWA HAHAAH. It's not antimicrosoft, 'Sage. I'm stating facts. They are fucking DESPERATE to sell Xboxes. Like the deal for trading in a PS2 and 3 games to get one for free. Or packaging games with it.

Keep in mind, also, that I work at EB. I've been there, Seen the deals that Xbox is pushing, seen the games they are coming out with, and since I've started working, I've done heavy research on reviews, because, you know, I want to give informed opinions of games to my customers.

I have an informed opinion about the three systems. Until you can say that you have played all three as much as I have (Yes, I do play the Xbox. I'm not as biased as you think), I'd ask you to stay out of this debate.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:00:05 PM
quote:
Khyron said this about your mom:
And I'll go play some Devil May cry, and laugh.

Or FF10

Or GTA3 VC. Or Wild Arms 3.

How was it you put it? Oh yeah

Except I've played all those, and with the exception of the 80s music in Vice City none of them amused me for more than a few minutes.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:00:17 PM
That's not really a very polite position to take, Delphi. Sage's opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, so long as he presents it well.

At least it should be, I believe. I'm more than happy to hear his feedback on things. That's how people learn things, by communication.

Steven Steve
posted 11-24-2002 03:00:47 PM
HERE COMES THE PAIN
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

KingBling186
DUMB ASS
posted 11-24-2002 03:02:14 PM
OHHHHHHH GOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KingBling wears a lime green blouse, parachute pants, and an ear-to-ear smile!
Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 03:02:41 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about John Romero:
That's not really a very polite position to take, Delphi. Sage's opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, so long as he presents it well.

At least it should be, I believe. I'm more than happy to hear his feedback on things. That's how people learn things, by communication.

He read "Microsoft is desperate to sell Xboxes, and here is a big reason:" as "OMFG MICROSOFT SUX!! XBOX MUST SUCK TOO!".

That isn't very polite either, is it? :/

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:03:00 PM
You two are joined at the hip, I swear

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 03:03:28 PM
Duffman is thrusting in the general direction of the problem! OH YEAH!
Tegadil Duffman begins humping a window.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:08:36 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
He read "Microsoft is desperate to sell Xboxes, and here is a big reason:" as "OMFG MICROSOFT SUX!! XBOX MUST SUCK TOO!".

You didn't really give a big reason, though. You keep saying that you have an informed opinion, but you have yet to give backing to that statement.

I think the person who could probably talk the most about having an informed opinion is Fae. I've seen his posts, detailing what he likes, what he does, what he thinks of performance, how it stacks up against the others, etc.

I think it's a good example to follow, and I would be able to take you a lot more seriously if I saw some justification of your opinion, logic and reasoning.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 11-24-2002 03:14:24 PM
Delphi you sound like Maradon ranting against the Gamecube. All talk no facts. Yes the XBOX is big. But rmember it uses standard PC parts. These are heavier than the proprietary parts used in a Gamecube or PS2. This also allows them to build a much better system at a lower price.
"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:19:36 PM
Please don't start the OMG XBOX IS HUGE comments when I say this, but that thing is BIG. I finally saw one out on its own at my local Funcoland. Before I'd only seen it tucked away like at Wal-Mart or something. I had not realized that all the jokes I had seen on the size were serious. I think I could fit 3 or 4 of my DC in that thing.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:21:24 PM
ITS HUGE LOL
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 03:22:55 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis impressed everyone with:

Actually, I saw a biased, rather uninformed moron referring to the "shit-box" and saying how it sucks as a game platform because said moron and his incompetent co-workers don't know how to stack inventory and broke some shelves.

Which of those things, again, was it that qualifies you as an X-Box expert?

Further, did it ever cross your mind that the slanderous lies of a bunch of anti-Microsoft buffoons such as yourself may have a negative effect on sales. . .which you then use to justify your uninformed bullshit. It's circular.

X-Box was the first console I bought. After exhaustive research. Why? Because it's a flat-out better platform than the others out there. And it has the type of games I like--and is getting more. Nor are they just sports, asshole, as you'd know if you'd read the reviews you claim to have.

It's fine to have personal preferences, but why don't you lay off pretending your opinion is a) objective and b) based on anything but your silly biases. You haven't mentioned a single thing to back up your opinion in this thread, and I'm more than a little tired of this particular stupidity.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:23:10 PM
I knew you were gonna do that

Damn you, Sage! Getting in before me. That was directed toward Snoooooota

[ 11-24-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 03:23:32 PM
quote:
Azizza spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Delphi you sound like Maradon ranting against the Gamecube. All talk no facts. Yes the XBOX is big. But rmember it uses standard PC parts. These are heavier than the proprietary parts used in a Gamecube or PS2. This also allows them to build a much better system at a lower price.

That's interesting, Az.. Since the 'Cube is comperable graphicwise to the Xbox (And only so because it has individual processers for sound/graphics), yet is a great deal smaller, and, gasp, costs less then the Xbox.

We expect the price of all three systems to fall another fifty bucks just before christmas.

They can't PAY people to buy an Xbox in japan since it's so huge. Had they packaged it better, I'd bet it would sell almost as well (Games aside). Yeah, "XBOX IS HUGE LOL!" and that's why it isn't selling.

2/3rds of the gaming market is in japan, and Microsoft chose to ignore this fact, and pander to american audiences. While this is fine, I think they would have done better if they hedged their bets and made a more compact system to at least give the japanese audience no reason NOT to buy it.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 11-24-2002 03:25:31 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I knew you were gonna do that

Damn you, Sage! Getting in before me. That was directed toward Snoooooota

wub joo!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:26:28 PM

wub j00 too!

*slobbers on Sage*

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 03:29:40 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about (_|_):

BS : I'm fine with that statement, so long as you don't group me with Delphi.

I gave my reasons, games. I stated my opinions, and I know they're my own. I stated what I would recommend and why. I concur that the X-Box has some nice specs and I don't diss on the box any more than I diss on the PS2 or the NGC. I do diss on the games because, honestly, I see only two I would play, personally.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-24-2002 03:31:44 PM
I didn't gather he was including you, Khy. Cause I had the same reasons as you and I *know* I wasn't included in that

Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 03:35:20 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Bloodsage wrote:
Actually, I saw a biased, rather uninformed moron referring to the "shit-box" and saying how it sucks as a game platform because said moron and his incompetent co-workers don't know how to stack inventory and broke some shelves.

Which of those things, again, was it that qualifies you as an X-Box expert?

Further, did it ever cross your mind that the slanderous lies of a bunch of anti-Microsoft buffoons such as yourself may have a negative effect on sales. . .which you then use to justify your uninformed bullshit. It's circular.

X-Box was the first console I bought. After exhaustive research. Why? Because it's a flat-out better platform than the others out there. And it has the type of games I like--and is getting more. Nor are they just sports, asshole, as you'd know if you'd read the reviews you claim to have.

It's fine to have personal preferences, but why don't you lay off pretending your opinion is a) objective and b) based on anything but your silly biases. You haven't mentioned a single thing to back up your opinion in this thread, and I'm more than a little tired of this particular stupidity.

Fuck you, 'Sage. I'm not a fucking moron, I know how to stack inventory.

And the ONLY thing I have mentioned is that Microsoft is desperate to sell them, since they AREN'T selling well. As is evident by the various deals that Microsoft themselves offer to EB.

It's fine that you like the games that come out. More power to you. I don't reccomend the Xbox because most of those "Other" games that are coming out for it are cross platform. That doesn't mean that I go around the store to customers and say "OMFG XBOX SUCKS!!!!". I'd be fired if I did. Since I haven't been fired yet, GEE, I must be doing my job right.

I've already sold plenty of Xboxes. Yeah, I can argue for it, using a lot of the same stuff you use. And some stuff you don't know. Xbox live is really nice, seeing as how there isn't microphone support for the 'cube, and hardly any (Yay Socom) for the PS2.

If you want to shoot the shit, I'm all up for debating about which system is the "Omfg splurt best!", but the second you start calling me a moron because a shelf that wasn't designed to hold 500 pounds of console breaks, well, thats when you become an asshole.

Khyron
posted 11-24-2002 03:35:56 PM
quote:
Comrade Snoota had this to say about Tron:
Except I've played all those, and with the exception of the 80s music in Vice City none of them amused me for more than a few minutes.

Whereas the same could be said for any current X-Box game for me as well.

And if you want to bring up the upcoming games, I've been looking forwards to the next Star Ocean game for a long time now, as well as the Xenosaga game, oh and Vexx looks pretty promising... FFXI will be something interesting to try out... the newest BoF game looks impressive, and DMC2 has made me drool uncontrollably for some time now... and while we're on DMC2-ish games, Shinobi's trailer was a damn sight to be seen

Suddar
posted 11-24-2002 03:36:54 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
That's interesting, Az.. Since the 'Cube is comperable graphicwise to the Xbox (And only so because it has individual processers for sound/graphics), yet is a great deal smaller, and, gasp, costs less then the Xbox.

You realize Nintendo has the Gamecube's price set so low that they nearly lose money every time they sell one?

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:39:36 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Pirotess:
Shinobi's trailer was a damn sight to be seen

I wanted to play that but then I heard it was like.. Derek Smart bad. =\

Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 03:40:40 PM
quote:
From the book of Comrade Snoota, chapter 3, verse 16:
I wanted to play that but then I heard it was like.. Derek Smart bad. =\

Wasn't it Penny arcade that said it sucked? Or was it someone else? I can't remember.

Cetona
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 03:41:22 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Suddar said this:
You realize Nintendo has the Gamecube's price set so low that they nearly lose money every time they sell one?

A majority (all?) of them do lose money on the consoles themselves.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:41:32 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Wasn't it Penny arcade that said it sucked? Or was it someone else? I can't remember.

Everybody.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 11-24-2002 03:41:46 PM
quote:
Suddar got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

Verily, I would like to see whatever resource you got that from.

PS: I wants a PSToo!

Drysart
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 03:42:38 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Optimus Prime:
They can't PAY people to buy an Xbox in japan since it's so huge. Had they packaged it better, I'd bet it would sell almost as well (Games aside). Yeah, "XBOX IS HUGE LOL!" and that's why it isn't selling.

Oh please... it's not selling because it's big? (LOL ITS HUGE) That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

No, it's not selling because in Japan, video games are a mainstay in culture at large and extremely entrenched in the market, and the XBox has no games that the Japanese are familiar with. That's why it doesn't sell in Japan. Not because of its size.

Delphi Aegis
posted 11-24-2002 03:44:37 PM
quote:
Drysart's fortune cookie read:
Oh please... it's not selling because it's big? (LOL ITS HUGE) That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

No, it's not selling because in Japan, video games are a mainstay in culture at large and extremely entrenched in the market, and the XBox has no games that the Japanese are familiar with. That's why it doesn't sell in Japan. Not because of its size.

Makes a good sounding argument, though, doesn't it?

Heh, Colour me wrong on this count, I didn't have a specific reason as to why they weren't selling in Japan, and assumed. Oh well.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 11-24-2002 03:45:05 PM
Yeah!

Xbox is like.. FIVE TONS OF GOOD OLD US OF A DETROIT MUSCLE!

And the Playstation is like the little Jap Ricer the FIVE TONS OF GOOD OLD US OF A DETROIT MUSCLE just ran over.

»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-24-2002 03:46:32 PM
I refuse to buy a console as small as the Gamecube.

What if I drop it behind the couch and can't find it ever again?

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-24-2002 03:47:44 PM
between what Drys said and the fact that PS/2 and Nintendo both already had heavy recognition over there....

Sony and Nintendo have been major fixtures in the gaming industry in Japan. Same with Sega for the longest time. MS has entered the market, but has no history backing them. Sony and Nintendo BOTH could produce some of the worst shit ever invented and still outsell XBox over there simply because they're trusted names. Over here in the US we don't seem to give a shit about things like that as long as we're entertained. Personally, I'd rather have the PS2. I have a PSX and there are a number of games out for PS2 that I'd like to play. Plus I'm betting that any *major* selling games for XBox will eventually get ported to PC, or at least ripped and 'emulated' on PC....

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: