EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The sanctity of this place has been fouled
nem-x
posted 03-07-2019 11:06:26 AM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2019 12:37:18 PM
I'm holding out for Diablo Immortal. After all, I do have a phone.

Serious question: I still have my original Diablo installation CD. Assuming it's still readable after 2 decades (and assuming I still have a CD drive), is the original install even workable on a Windows 10 box? Could I run it inside an old Windows VM?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 03-07-2019 02:43:37 PM
Theres a popular mod Belzebub that makes it run on win10 and with higher resolutions. It also adds a bunch of other stuff.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-08-2019 12:11:52 PM
Here's my Diablo story.

I was having a LAN party with a couple of friends, playing what was hot at the time, you know Command & Conquer: Red Alert, Warcraft II, Duke Nukem 3D and so on. One of the guys, because of course there were only guys, said hey, I got this new multiplayer RPG, wanna give it a try? We all said sure, cool. I was playing with them, till level two of the dungeon, I think, before I asked, is that it? Is that all? Wanna go back to some better game? And they were all like, hell no, this is awesome! So I played Command and Conquer for around six hours all alone till they beat the game, the credits rolled and the sun was rising again.

Me: "Allrighty guys, you beat the game, I am sure that was fun. How about some other game now?
Them: Nope.
Me: What... what are you going to do?
Them: Now we're playing it all over again!! Hail Satan!
Me: ... I'm out. Laterz.

That was my Diablo Story. The Aristocrats.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-08-2019 12:56:21 PM
It's only The Aristocrats if you were dribbling a trail of diarrhea as you exited. Or was that part implied?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-13-2019 07:30:42 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Karnaj scored a straight 1 with:
I'm holding out for Diablo Immortal. After all, I do have a phone.

Serious question: I still have my original Diablo installation CD. Assuming it's still readable after 2 decades (and assuming I still have a CD drive), is the original install even workable on a Windows 10 box? Could I run it inside an old Windows VM?

I haven't tried to actually install and run it yet, but I know you can go to battle.net and 'register' the key code from your original stuff and it'll add it to your downloadable content... which leads me to believe it'll work.

Which means if that works, then this is for the dumbs who don't hoard old gamer shit.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-23-2019 05:04:11 PM
Yes.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: