EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Been a couple years, lets get caught up!
Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 05-09-2018 11:37:26 PM
I'm still living in Houston. Still cranky. Still married with children. But I'm actually starting a new job on Monday. It's going to be a big transition for me, it will be the first time in a very long time I won't be working with Pesco and his brother.

I was cleaning out some of my home drive at work and came across some old pictures of Pesco and I working in our make-shift Operations Center when Hurricane Rita hit Houston (which was like fall of 2005). Feels like we were just kids still. I'm in the foreground in the orange shirt, Pesco is at the desk next to me in the gray shirt. You can see I'm browsing a certain message board in the second picture.

EDIT: I'm on Twitter, although I don't post much. If you are a rare non-MAGA alt-right douche on Twitter, you can find me here: https://twitter.com/jeremywc

https://i.imgur.com/f8UdlH2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mUj8AD6.jpg

Hellbender fucked around with this message on 05-09-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-10-2018 07:45:05 AM
quote:
Bajah screamed this from the crapper:
Same, when I remember to hit my bookmarks, Mort.
And never change, K-Funk.

I do most of my socializing on Facebook these days, regrettably. As in, I hate Facebook, but that's where all my worldwide friends are, so. facebook.com/bajah (gasp, surprise I know) if anyone wants to add (though I have several of you already). If you've grown up into a MAGA alt-right douche, though, don't bother

I forgot my facebook password like 4 years ago. In some ways, I feel like I've been cut off from an interesting part of the internet experience. But then again, it appears facebook just lets you know which of your high school friends and extended family are massive racists. It got so bad on my wife's feed during the initial BLM thing that she actually just deleted her account.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-10-2018 09:27:15 AM
Thankfully MOST of my family doesn't know how to use social media. But yeah, I've had to remove a few friends and family in the last couple of years due to either sexist or racist bullshit (or a combination of the two). Good news is that it's been a low number
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-10-2018 11:01:09 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Same, when I remember to hit my bookmarks, Mort.
And never change, K-Funk.

I do most of my socializing on Facebook these days, regrettably. As in, I hate Facebook, but that's where all my worldwide friends are, so. facebook.com/bajah (gasp, surprise I know) if anyone wants to add (though I have several of you already). If you've grown up into a MAGA alt-right douche, though, don't bother

I locked my Facebook account down 2 years ago, due to my family being almost entirely composed of MAGA hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

I float around on Twitter these days.

And you're in OK? What part? I've landed in Fort Worth but I pass through OK for work fairly regularly. Might also be roadtripping to Ohio this July with the family.

As an aside, when I get my webcomic up and going, I'll probably link it here on the forums if folks are interested.

Azakias fucked around with this message on 05-10-2018 at 11:04 AM.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-12-2018 07:29:47 AM
Just so happened to be mentally going over the days of yore and thought of this place in time to find this thread. Go figure!

Well shit... in the time since I last posted here, lets see

1) Got a girlfriend
2) Moved out, bought a house together
3) Got married
4) Got cats
5) Had a kid, currently 8 years old. Less useful than cats.
6) Got all up and up on finances and stuff
7) Got all knowing on things not related to video games like plumbing and tiling and building walls for the purposes of home reno

All sorts of stuff I never would have guessed a decade ago let me tell you. Still sleep way too little and game way too much but now that all resides in and around bigger priorities such as the wife and the cats. Also the boy too, but cats have seniority on him.

Also went all in on being a Nintendo fanboy and have a monstrous WiiU collection that I dote over.

Been an unexpected, interesting trip let me tell you but it all worked out for the best... surprisingly.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 05-14-2018 04:04:43 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Azakias scored a straight 1 with:
And you're in OK? What part? I've landed in Fort Worth but I pass through OK for work fairly regularly. Might also be roadtripping to Ohio this July with the family.

North OKC/Edmond. Work relocated me here from Houston in February of this year. It's been an adjustment.

ALso, haaaaaaay Vorago! I too have an 8 year old (9 next month). She gives me life and is already quite the gamer. As in she'll tune out on the Switch and I get the blessed combo of quiet while also being ignored.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 05-14-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-15-2018 05:58:50 AM
quote:
Bajah had this to say about Punky Brewster:
ALso, haaaaaaay Vorago! I too have an 8 year old (9 next month). She gives me life and is already quite the gamer. As in she'll tune out on the Switch and I get the blessed combo of quiet while also being ignored.

Great to hear man! Been trying to raise my son right with video games. He could be a lot of things in things in this world but if he becomes a filthy p2w mobile gamer that might be the deepest of disappointments.

Sadly he lacks pretty much any natural talent at games. Keep doing my best to get him to "git gud" but is a... work in progress.

Unfortunately he also has an utter lack of athleticism or physical skill. That part drives my wife nuts, she is the athletic one. Gonna have to fall back on his looks!

Still sort of surreal coming back to this place. Was a... very big part of a surprisingly big chunk of my life, but seems just so far away at this point. Both in terms of actual timeline and life in general.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 05-16-2018 03:01:58 AM
Holy crap. Whats amazing to me isn't what you are all up to, though it is interesting, but rather simply the fact that I recognize each and every one of you that has posted so far

Eh, for me worked a at a job for almost 9 years before getting laid off. Jumped from job to job, about 1 a year for awhile. Now been at a company fixing point of sale systems for almost 2 years with no plans to change anytime soon. No family, kids or pets though. been struggling trying not to let my vid game backlog get too large. Failing miserably at over 300 games bought but not played. :/

Feed my hungry soul.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 05-18-2018 10:28:16 AM
quote:
Hellbender had this to say about (_|_):
I'm still living in Houston. Still cranky. Still married with children. But I'm actually starting a new job on Monday. It's going to be a big transition for me, it will be the first time in a very long time I won't be working with Pesco and his brother.

I was cleaning out some of my home drive at work and came across some old pictures of Pesco and I working in our make-shift Operations Center when Hurricane Rita hit Houston (which was like fall of 2005). Feels like we were just kids still. I'm in the foreground in the orange shirt, Pesco is at the desk next to me in the gray shirt. You can see I'm browsing a certain message board in the second picture.

EDIT: I'm on Twitter, although I don't post much. If you are a rare non-MAGA alt-right douche on Twitter, you can find me here: https://twitter.com/jeremywc

https://i.imgur.com/f8UdlH2.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mUj8AD6.jpg

How is Pesco these days? I haven't heard from him in ages.

Toktuk
Pooh Ogre
Keeper of the Shoulders of Peachis Perching
posted 05-18-2018 09:35:23 PM
quote:
Monica thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
How is Pesco these days? I haven't heard from him in ages.

He's doing OK. They've been pushing him really hard at work the last few years, so he stays really busy. We've been trying to talk him into finding a new job, but it hasn't worked yet.

His brother and him have transitioned from living in the same apartment, to living in the same apartment complex, to owning houses on opposite ends of the same block. I live maybe 10 minutes from them. We're not good at separating from each other.

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-14-2018 09:18:19 PM
Married, have a three year old, Manager in Operations at the busiest 24 hour emergency hospital in Canada, studying to get my Six Sigma and MBA designation.

No more gaming - only laughs, work, and study

Number 1 Poster fucked around with this message on 06-14-2018 at 09:18 PM.

nem-x
posted 06-16-2018 04:03:14 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: