EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DnD, making a character, need a bit of help, I guess
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-24-2004 08:15:39 AM
The Enchanter-est presige class from Path of Magic is amazing for spontaneous spellcasters trying to abuse the charm/sleep spells.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 07-24-2004 10:09:52 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Sakkra said:
That's one of the Murmillos from Gladius, right?

Yep. The one I always hire. And he's usually my strongest Medium gladiator.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-24-2004 10:17:17 AM
OP asking for help building an imaginary character?

I'm sorry, but I tried to stifle a chuckle.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 07-24-2004 11:05:45 AM
quote:
Mortious painfully thought these words up:
OP asking for help building an imaginary character?

I'm sorry, but I tried to stifle a chuckle.

Bahahaha!

Thanks Nicole, that helps me quite a bit. I've been trying to come up with a backround and quirks for my character, and that is a helpful description of LE.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 07-24-2004 11:55:25 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper had this to say about Cuba:
The Enchanter-est presige class from Path of Magic is amazing for spontaneous spellcasters trying to abuse the charm/sleep spells.

Never saw the book. Our group was kinda resource-starved, heh. Still sounds neat, though I always went for more of the Whirling Elemental Doom sorcerer than anything else.

And no problem, OP. Playing a Lawful Evil character can be very fun, especially if you're like me and have a tactical mind. Keep planning, and write your name in orc-hide for me, eh.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 07-25-2004 04:49:10 AM
There are dwarven-made shields that have built-in axe blades. You can dual wield them (one on each hand), or you can fight with one and defend with the other. You can even enchant them if you want, but you have to do it twice (IE +3 Flaming Axe Blades +2 Defender Shield...not +3 Flaming Axe Shield). Expensive, but nothing scarier than seeing some dwarf whirling into combat like a whirlwind of death.

Add spikes to your armor and enchant those, and you'll have all sorts of options.

In my D&D campaign, Battlerager Cannonballs (Dwarven Barbarians who get shot out of cannons at enemy ships) wear armor with barbs and hooks all over it, that they usually get enchanted (flames or radiant energy, usually). Lots of fun.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 07-25-2004 05:46:52 AM
Nicole, if you like player arcane spellcasters the "The Path of Magic" book is a requirement. It has evocation prestige classes and one prestige class for each school of magic. A couple you need to be a spontaneous caster for, like the enchanter My thief of will would have been mad broke with that very fun, at level 10 your enchantment spells can be cast merely by looking at someone. Plus access to every enchantment spell in the world, level 1 through 9. Very good for sorcerers who need to pick and choose the spells they get. Before you get those spells you need to keep 50% of your spells enchantment spells, still need to afterwords, but with 100+ enchantment spells and your 50 or so spells you get to choose from as a sorcerer it shouldnt be a problem.
Nicole
posted 07-26-2004 12:53:12 AM
That book indeed sounds kickass. I'll add it to my list of stuff to look into once I get a job .

The Enchanter sounds like an interesting idea, but as said, I usually go the Whirling Destructive Doom route. If there is, however, a time mage or dream mage/oneiromancer, I'll be in heaven, as both of those concepts are ones I can logically see my charcters aiming for.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 07-26-2004 01:57:37 AM
Time mage you want Encyclopedia Arcane: Chronomancy

fun stuff.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Nicole
posted 07-26-2004 05:27:15 AM
Neato mosquito.

Though now I fear my character will slowly turn into Ultimecia.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 07-26-2004 08:12:56 AM
There is a time mage arcane school bit, thats like a fighter combat style but gives you various time things. Perfect internal clock. Good for alchemy, and at the 10th level of power you can go forward or backward in time short jumps.

There is an evocation prestige class in that book that does some nasty things with force spells. For anyone who missed it the first time, required material for any serious spellcaster.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 07-26-2004 10:11:49 AM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
There is a time mage arcane school bit, thats like a fighter combat style but gives you various time things. Perfect internal clock. Good for alchemy, and at the 10th level of power you can go forward or backward in time short jumps.

There is an evocation prestige class in that book that does some nasty things with force spells. For anyone who missed it the first time, required material for any serious spellcaster.

How does the DM handle time travel? Remember everything he just did?

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 07-26-2004 10:32:31 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about the Spice Girls:
How does the DM handle time travel? Remember everything he just did?

In EA:Chronomancy, going back in time is handled by extremely high level spells (reordering time events is exceedingly dangerous...screw up and you've just smeared yourself across the timestream), plus there's any number of natural order creatures (temporal elementals, etc) who don't like mortals screwing with time.

It essentially leaves "Back to the Future" type time travel to storyline events, rather than casual "I can jump back in time and reorder things five times a day" type effects.

On the OTHER hand, forward moving time dilations, replays, fast forwards, pauses, etc are all feasible, not to mention raw offensive effects (aging, advanced decrepitude, etc).

Nicole
posted 07-26-2004 11:47:25 PM
Sounds absolutely beautiful. I like these ideas, especially the time-guardian-elemental thing, as well as the penalties for REALLY screwing up the timestream. Keeps people from treating time travel like a get-out-of-stupid-free card, which I think everyone would be tempted to do.

Although now I wanna manufacture TV-clicker-esque wands for my own diabolical use.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: