EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So... Here's what happened...
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 09-17-2004 09:54:24 PM
Ivan's beaten the crap out of my state. I have no power, no phones, and the estimates for getting those back range from "next week" (for the power) to "around mid-October" (for the phone lines). For the moment, I am typing this from a Kinko's at a cost of twenty cents a minute in an effort to let people know that I am, in fact, still alive (if a little storm-battered).

This is to say, I may be missing the next game even if it is three weeks from now. I hope not, though.

Figured you all should know, in any case.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-18-2004 12:40:18 AM
Duly noted. Hope things don't take too long to return to normal.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Drakkenmaw
posted 09-19-2004 06:31:52 PM
UPDATE: Well, my dad's house has phone and electricity back. My house... nada. But I doubt that "next month" prediction will hold true, given the rate of work. And even if it is next month, I'll still be able to access the Internet on game day from my dad's house. mIRC is nice and flexible enough for crappy computers that way.

Nevertheless, it's been four days sans power or phone at my place of residence. Which sucks. A lot.

Drakkenmaw fucked around with this message on 09-19-2004 at 06:32 PM.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-20-2004 09:31:24 AM
Erf. G'luck on getting everything back up, Drak.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Drakkenmaw
posted 09-21-2004 09:34:50 PM
Power and phones are back up. Took 6 days, but at least it's gone and returned to functioning.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-21-2004 09:54:41 PM
Glad to have you back for less than $12/hour.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: