EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wheel of Time d20 PbP?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 01:17:15 PM
Before I try to start it up on a Play by Post website (www.dndonlinegames.com, etc), I thought I'd see if there was any interest over here.

I want to start an Play by Post Wheel of Time d20 game. It will follow the adventure outlined in the back of the WoT d20 campaign book and the longer campaign in the Prophecies of the Dragon supplemental book. In such, it'll start out at level 1 and proceed through level 7.

I'd prefer players who have at least a little knowledge of the WoT world. Having the campaign book is nice, but I'll help anyone with the classes/rule changes for WoT d20.

For purposes of the way the campaign is set up, I'm gonna keep it to 4-6 players at the most. Ideally, I'd like people to post at least once or more a day. If you feel like you couldn't stick with this commitment, think hard before applying here.

So, anybody interested?

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 02-14-2005 at 03:50 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 02-14-2005 04:02:58 PM
I'm interested.

I've read to..halfway through book seven I think. So I've got a good amount of knowledge...although I guess there's like 13 books or something ridiculous now.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-14-2005 04:04:56 PM
I'd do it. Being able to playbypost rather than a scheduled online time wold be good and i can easily post at least once a day from work, if not more than that.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 04:11:05 PM
quote:
How.... Caid '5 Fists' Berrit.... uughhhhhh:
I'm interested.

I've read to..halfway through book seven I think. So I've got a good amount of knowledge...although I guess there's like 13 books or something ridiculous now.

Actually there are only 10 books out at the moment. The 11th book is supposed to be released in the Fall/Winter of this year and will be titled Knife of Dreams. Jordan has stated that the series will end with the 12th book.

And for those interested, this is spawned from the fact that I'm tired of having both books sitting here on my shelf and not being able to put them to use.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 02-14-2005 at 04:17 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-14-2005 04:17:22 PM
Egads! I have the WoT d20 book and Prophecies. Might be fun.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 04:24:08 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi had this to say about Captain Planet:
Egads! I have the WoT d20 book and Prophecies. Might be fun.

The question arises for you then, do you remember the campaign adventure details or have forgotten them? I hope the latter and not the former.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 02-14-2005 04:32:25 PM
Count me in. I have the WoT d20 book, but I haven't bothered to read the adventure outline.

Just hand me a time frame for the adventure and I can come up with a character.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 04:34:25 PM
quote:
Anklebiter had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Count me in. I have the WoT d20 book, but I haven't bothered to read the adventure outline.

Just hand me a time frame for the adventure and I can come up with a character.

I'll give it till tomorrow or so to see who is interested then give details and such on character creation and when we start.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 04:49:43 PM
Interested Parties so far:
Caid
Gee
Kuroi
Anklebiter
Lashanna
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-14-2005 05:14:03 PM
quote:
Katrinity attempted to be funny by writing:
The question arises for you then, do you remember the campaign adventure details or have forgotten them? I hope the latter and not the former.

Never read them. If you tell me which ones I need to read, I'll read them tonight.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 05:22:02 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi had this to say about Knight Rider:
Never read them. If you tell me which ones I need to read, I'll read them tonight.

Actually I don't want you to read the end of the main setting book at all. Thats where the adventure "What Follows in Shadow" is located. And don't read anything of the Prophecies of the Dragon except maybe the very far back. There are a few new feats and weaves and the Seanchan nationality information, but since we won't be having Seanchan characters only the weaves would be of interest.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-14-2005 05:25:31 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Katrinity:
Actually I don't want you to read the end of the main setting book at all. Thats where the adventure "What Follows in Shadow" is located. And don't read anything of the Prophecies of the Dragon except maybe the very far back. There are a few new feats and weaves and the Seanchan nationality information, but since we won't be having Seanchan characters only the weaves would be of interest.

I think I'll go with the original character plan I'd had for the WoT campaign we tried to do IRL. Maiden of the Spear later to become a Wise One.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
posted 02-14-2005 08:05:22 PM
I don't have any of the books, but I don't think there should be much trouble understanding it. I play 3rd Ed D&D weekly.

I'll see about getting my hands on the setting book though, so I can read up about classes or whatever.

Bradley Nowell
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-14-2005 11:42:25 PM
quote:
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
I don't have any of the books, but I don't think there should be much trouble understanding it. I play 3rd Ed D&D weekly.

I'll see about getting my hands on the setting book though, so I can read up about classes or whatever.

I have all the class info copied over into word doc files that I did ages ago for other people who didn't have the book. I also have about half the nationalities info in doc files and the regional skills/feats you get depending on your nationality. I will work up a list of new Feats and Skills next along with changes to ones that are in the DnD PHB as well.

If you want to look at the class info here are the links:

Algai'd'siswai (Spear Fighter): The typical Aiel warrior, similar to a monk/barbarian in some aspects
Armsman: DnD Fighter
Initiate: DnD Wizard. These are the trained channelers of the One Power. They have been taught by another channeler.
Noble: Kinda similar to a Bard but less about music and more about command.
Wanderer: DnD Rogue
Wilder: DnD Sorceror. They learn to wield the One Power on their own.
Woodsman: DnD Ranger.

Because Brinkster is a biatch, you have to click the link, then delete a letter, click enter and when you get the error page, retype c at the end. Should take you to the right one then. They don't offer offsite linking.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 02-14-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-14-2005 11:51:29 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about pies:
I have all the class info copied over into word doc files that I did ages ago for other people who didn't have the book. I also have about half the nationalities info in doc files and the regional skills/feats you get depending on your nationality. I will work up a list of new Feats and Skills next along with changes to ones that are in the DnD PHB as well.

If you want to look at the class info here are the links:

Algai'd'siswai (Spear Fighter): The typical Aiel warrior, similar to a monk/barbarian in some aspects
Armsman: DnD Fighter
Initiate: DnD Wizard. These are the trained channelers of the One Power. They have been taught by another channeler.
Noble: Kinda similar to a Bard but less about music and more about command.
Wanderer: DnD Rogue
Wilder: DnD Sorceror. They learn to wield the One Power on their own.
Woodsman: DnD Ranger.

Because Brinkster is a biatch, you have to click the link, then delete a letter, click enter and when you get the error page, retype c at the end. Should take you to the right one then. They don't offer offsite linking.

Iirc, Wanderers got some really nice stuffs...can't remember specifically what they were. Great class. I love the Aiel though.

Dr. Gee
posted 02-15-2005 01:47:33 AM
Are you using 3.0 or 3.5 rules?
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 02-15-2005 01:55:04 AM
EGAD!

I read like 30 pages of the first book, and put it down and took a nap. Never read the rest of it.

Can I still play knowing basicaly nothing about the whole system?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-15-2005 08:39:15 AM
quote:
Dr. Gee's fortune cookie read:
Are you using 3.0 or 3.5 rules?

WoT d20 is 3.0 rules, iirc.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-15-2005 09:41:47 AM
quote:
Y.O.T.C had this to say about (_|_):
EGAD!

I read like 30 pages of the first book, and put it down and took a nap. Never read the rest of it.

Can I still play knowing basicaly nothing about the whole system?

Yeah, but alot more will have to be explained to ya.

Read up on some of the info of the world at Encyclopaedia WoT

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-15-2005 10:50:20 AM
hhmmMMMmmmm

I havent read the books ...

So here's my quote: in how much time will you start the game?

THis sayed... I probably can go get and read them ^_^

Because, you know, I like reading... even if I cant Type >.<

But, I have to think hard about a post game. I played one with Doc, and as much as a loved it, I got tiered of it, not because of Doc (on the contrary) but because At the end, we where only 2 out of 5-6 posting >.<

But I know I can be fidel to it, even more this summer, and even more now that I will be working day starting next week!

I'll read the link you gave us, Kat, maybe that will help me deside if it interests me (It dose, I dont know if the world dose)

pie... better yet! Cookie pie!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-15-2005 11:09:07 AM
Wheel of Time has a very elaborate and detailed world and history. If you haven't read the books, you would be missing out on a ton of references in the game. Thats why I'd prefer people who have read a few of the books at least but won't limit it to just them.

Also, for all you people who have voiced interest, I'm serious about the posting time. If you don't see yourself being able to post at least once a day a few months down the line say for whatever reason (school, work, etc) please don't go any further. I've gotten sick of people dropping in my IRC game because stuff comes up. I know there will be times when things happen or times when people won't be worrying about the computer (holidays and such), but I expect a good deal of regularity from any perspective players. This is a Play by Post game, it doesn't require more than a dozen minutes or so to write up a post most of the time if that.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
posted 02-15-2005 11:34:16 AM
I can definitely post, I work only evenings so I'm home everyday until about 4:00pm.

As far as a character goes, I think I'll play a Wanderer or Woodsman. Also, when exactly does the campaign take place in the world?

Bradley Nowell
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-15-2005 12:06:49 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Caid '5 Fists' Berrit:
I can definitely post, I work only evenings so I'm home everyday until about 4:00pm.

As far as a character goes, I think I'll play a Wanderer or Woodsman. Also, when exactly does the campaign take place in the world?

"What Follows in Shadow" which I will be using to get the group together and such takes place during the "Eye of the World". Its in Caemlyn during the time when the false Dragon, Logain, is coming through the city on his way to Tar Valon. After that, the "Prophecies of the Dragon" follows events from book 2, "The Great Hunt", all the way through book 6, "Lord of Chaos", over the course of the campaign.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Dr. Gee
posted 02-15-2005 12:33:52 PM
The only issue i could see is that in Fall i'm planning on going to Italy for a Study Abroad program. I should still be able to get net access at least once a day though, so i don't see too much of and issue. After that ends (first or second week of December) i'm going to see what would be required to do a broader trip around Europe and i doubt i'd manage to have net access daily at that point.

But that's 10 months away and there aren't any definate plans about it yet.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-15-2005 05:39:23 PM
Whew..my wrists are about to fall off. Got the new feats and skills typed up in doc format along with a few more nationalities. I'll start posting character creation tomorrow so ya'll can start working on characters.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-15-2005 11:58:48 PM
Would it be ok if I just observe how the game goes for pace and such before I make a character and join? I've never taken part in this style of rp and I don't want to commit only to let you down.

Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-16-2005 09:00:32 AM
Going to get the book or books this weekend, I like to know this first:

How many weeks do I have to read them befor you start the game? =P

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 09:28:48 AM
quote:
From the book of Pair and Rena, chapter 3, verse 16:
Going to get the book or books this weekend, I like to know this first:

How many weeks do I have to read them befor you start the game? =P

You don't need to get the book if you don't want, Ukko. I won't make anyone buy the 40 dollar book (or more up there in Canada). But if you do get them, only get the hardback manual, not the Prophecies of the Dragon. If you are talking about the actual novels, feel free. First novel is "The Eye of the World".

I'm gonna be putting up character creation info today along with info for those of you without the d20 book. If everything goes well, we should start the beginning of next week if not this weekend.

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 02-16-2005 at 09:29 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pair and Rena
Pancake
posted 02-16-2005 10:53:49 AM
WEll, I was talking about the novel ... you know me, dont care much about the rules, only about the backgrowns and the cookies!

Ok, I'll try to surf and read as much info as I can in the next few days!

I like to sell my soul for a cookie please, miss Kat ^_^

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 03:28:02 PM
quote:
Kuroi Madoushi probably says this to all the girls:
Would it be ok if I just observe how the game goes for pace and such before I make a character and join? I've never taken part in this style of rp and I don't want to commit only to let you down.

Thats fine.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Dr. Gee
posted 02-16-2005 05:24:22 PM
Can you give a run down on or link to somewhere that does play-by-post info? I've never done this before so i'd like to see it.

Also, i ordered the book off Amazon and they chop $12 off the price. At least i think it was the right one. If not i'll be sadf.

Alaan
posted 02-16-2005 05:24:37 PM
Hm. Been a while since I've been on a board RP thingy that I was sure wouldn't die rapidly! This format will work better for me since I definitely have time to post every day, but the time when I can do something is random. Probably can count me in!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 05:36:41 PM
I don't think I can accept anyone more at this time now.

Possible Players:
Caid
Geeorn
Anklebiter
Lashanna
Addy
Ukko
Alaan

(Possibly Maho if needed)

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Alaan
posted 02-16-2005 06:01:18 PM
Didn't the Aiel have small scouting parties out in the main area pretty early in the series? Been a while since I read any of them so rusty on specifics.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 06:03:09 PM
quote:
Alaan attempted to be funny by writing:
Didn't the Aiel have small scouting parties out in the main area pretty early in the series? Been a while since I read any of them so rusty on specifics.

Yeah, there are a few of them out there but you really don't hear of them until book 2. Since this is starting in the middle of book 1 though, they might be alittle rarer for the moment.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Damnati
Filthy
posted 02-16-2005 06:14:16 PM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Tron:
Yeah, there are a few of them out there but you really don't hear of them until book 2. Since this is starting in the middle of book 1 though, they might be alittle rarer for the moment.

That gives me a while then. I was looking to play an algai d'siswai.

Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 02-16-2005 07:04:06 PM
I'm thinking about a wanderer on the path of a gleeman. Taraboner or Tearian origin perhaps.

Anklebiter fucked around with this message on 02-16-2005 at 07:06 PM.

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Dr. Gee
posted 02-16-2005 07:40:00 PM
I'll be doing a Borderlander Woodsman. He'll be a very sneaky one rather than go all Aragorn on things.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-16-2005 07:45:38 PM
quote:
This one time, at Dr. Gee camp:
Can you give a run down on or link to somewhere that does play-by-post info? I've never done this before so i'd like to see it.

Also, i ordered the book off Amazon and they chop $12 off the price. At least i think it was the right one. If not i'll be sadf.

And a few places to look for Play By Post games:

http://www.dndonlinegames.com/
www.roleplayinggames.net
Order of the Stick PbP forum section
Play by Web

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Dr. Gee
posted 02-16-2005 08:04:20 PM
Cool thanks. That helps. So RP things in normal story format and game mechanics things in "OOC:"?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: