EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wildstar
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-06-2014 04:54:50 PM
Any first thoughts?

I've had access to it since earlier beta, though I never really had much time to get into it - then decided I'd just burn myself out wading through bug reporting anyway. I'm enjoying the finished product though, despite some bugginess with the UI and a few broken quests. Launching with player housing, auction house, and commodities market is pretty awesome and I enjoy the MMO feel and the active combat.

I won't be tearing through content, but if anyone's playing or planning to, you can find me playing Dominion on Mikros. You can probably guess the character name.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 06-07-2014 12:11:38 AM
I found the start game so tedious that I never got to experience the cool stuff at the end. made it to the 30's in beta weekends too.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-07-2014 03:24:13 AM
Too cartoony and silly for me, despite it having a ton of cool mechanics.. I just can't get over that ludicrous aesthetic.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-07-2014 02:10:34 PM
What Mort said.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-07-2014 04:34:12 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Too cartoony and silly for me, despite it having a ton of cool mechanics.. I just can't get over that ludicrous aesthetic.

It's like the exact opposite for me. Love the aesthetic, but they don't do enough with it. The gameplay does absolutely nothing for me. It has more modern combat which could be decent, but the content they send you through mostly feels like it was created back in 2005.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-08-2014 09:55:01 PM
Got into the final beta for it and uninstalled it after less playtime than it took to download and install.

Telling me I have to disable SLI at the system level to have a functional UI? And this is code you're committing to disk? After (from what I could see) MONTHS of bug reports?

Yeah, all those people who were saying this was a "WoW Killer" are going to eat Joffrey levels of pie.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 06-09-2014 08:18:15 AM
Everybody always says every new MMORPG is going to be a WoW killer.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 06-09-2014 09:30:05 AM
Sometimes they have a chance.

This one? I think I'll bet on EQ making a massive comeback first. Seems like the better return for the money.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-09-2014 09:40:32 AM
For all the UI bugs (and there are a lot of them), the underlying game is actually pretty fun. I haven't had this much fun with an MMO since WoW.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-12-2014 08:17:20 PM
quote:
Those good ol' boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye, singin' this'll be the day that I Drysart:

For all the UI bugs (and there are a lot of them), the underlying game is actually pretty fun. I haven't had this much fun with an MMO since WoW.

Yar! Same here.

And funny, when I think of cartoony and silly, I think of EC. I pretend the Cassians are all related to Mort.

And I run SLI without any issues....

Bajah fucked around with this message on 06-12-2014 at 08:18 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: