EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: 7 Days to die
diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-09-2013 10:25:10 PM
Anyone else in the alpha? Would love to have an evercrest 7DTD server. Like Minecraft only completely horrifying.
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 09-10-2013 06:01:45 PM
quote:
How.... diadem.... uughhhhhh:
Anyone else in the alpha? Would love to have an evercrest 7DTD server. Like Minecraft only completely horrifying.

Yeah a buddy and I are in, I didn't get to play much in the past month, but it's interesting. Night time is incredibly frustrating if you don't have the team or resources or start out in the middle of nowhere.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-11-2013 11:23:23 AM
quote:
Verily, Brahmin Bloodlust doth proclaim:
Yeah a buddy and I are in, I didn't get to play much in the past month, but it's interesting. Night time is incredibly frustrating if you don't have the team or resources or start out in the middle of nowhere.

My solution to nighttime is simple. First, you can find the closest house on a map by hitting m. On your way, punch down a few trees like in minecraft and stop at a "safe" place. Turn a few trees into hundreds upon hundreds of spikes.

When you reach the building, clear it out by placing spikes in front of you and letting the zombies follow you to their death. Once that's done, surround the house by spikes 3 or 4 deep. Be careful when you do this. Note that you can pick up spikes by pressing e when you look at them, so you can use them as human-only doors. Plank up the windows so the zombies don't see you at night, and you'll have a safe place to stay. Be sure to replenish the spikes constantly in the morning, as the zombie attacks are pretty ridiculous.

Follow these steps and may be able to survive your first night.

Note: Committing suicide resets the respawn point.

diadem fucked around with this message on 09-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-11-2013 11:41:21 AM
quote:
Brahmin Bloodlust painfully thought these words up:

Humm, if I have downtime I'll look into hosting an evercrest server.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 09-12-2013 07:46:33 PM
I tried an experiment to see if I could pull a minecraft on the zombies.

See, those bastards will attack anything that looks like it may be human made, though they can't attack straight down. This has one obvious solution - go mining, get yourself an underground lair, and top it off with stone so the thing doesn't collapse in on itself. Fill up the entrance with dirt so when you walk over it it looks like a complexly flat floor.

Yeah. Works - sort of. See, the zombies will magically know where you are and just stand above you. If you don't reinforce your ceiling, there may be enough of them just standing their to cave you in by their weight alone.

diadem fucked around with this message on 09-12-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 09-13-2013 06:27:59 PM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Tron:

Yeah. Works - sort of. See, the zombies will magically know where you are and just stand above you. If you don't reinforce your ceiling, there may be enough of them just standing their to cave you in by their weight alone.

I noticed this too, I sat on the roof on the building and they were all under me. Not trying to come up, just on the ground floor.

I also thought of doing an underground lair. But every time I start, I'm no where near a forest, it's always in the desert and no houses or settlements in the immediate area.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: