EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gone Home
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-23-2013 10:31:18 PM
If anyone is on the fence about this game: It's worth taking the jump.

The premise: You're a young woman coming home after spending a year in Europe. A terrible thunderstorm and an ominous note on the door sets up a feeling of dread throughout the game.

There's no combat or jump-out scares, but the game feels ominous, funny and touching when the mood dictates, and tells its story in a novel, effective way.

Finished it in about 2.5 hours. While I didn't rush through the game, I may have missed a few notes or photos. Otherwise the pacing felt great, and I rarely got lost and unable to know exactly where to go. If someone gets lost by missing a note or bypassing a critical room to explore, it could be frustrating.

Overall, I really enjoyed the story and gameplay experience. Easily one of the best 'Games as Art' examples since the astoundingly moving 'To the Moon'.

Anyone else give the game a whirl? I'm curious as to what anyone else thinks.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
nem-x
posted 08-23-2013 10:36:44 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-24-2013 08:01:14 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have nem-x all over myself!
Papers please is goty

Is that about what I think it's about, or are you just a Hispanic-looking person in Arizona?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-24-2013 10:42:04 AM
You are a border guard in 1983-era Soviet Bloc nation. Your job is to allow/deny people crossing the border.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: