EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Galaxy S3
Maradon!
posted 07-17-2012 07:18:39 PM
WHOAAAOAOAA

My new Samsung Galaxy S3 came in yesterday. (no pic because my webspace is still broke)

This thing is off both the hook and the chain. It's got so many megahertz! I'm just... I don't know what to do with it besides play angry birds!

What are the most awesome apps for me to get?

Shut up nemx I'm already getting rage of bahamut.

nem-x
posted 07-17-2012 07:30:56 PM
My Nexus 7 came in today woop
Maradon!
posted 07-17-2012 08:54:22 PM
I definitely don't understand rage of bahamut
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-18-2012 03:11:41 AM
Hope the 3 is more durable than the 2.

I got a Galaxy S not long after it launched. Liked the phone. It's still working, my dad is the current owner. I 'upgraded' to the TMo MyTouch 4G Slide because I wanted a keyboard (and 2 core > 1 core) so the GS rotated. Then Samsung decides to give me a Galaxy S II for free because I was a colossal smartass on Twitter. Woo! Free phone! AWESOME!

So I get the phone. It's nice. Had the same problem with the GS2 that I had with the GS... damn thing is like a bar of wet soap without a case. No big deal.. get a case. So I come home one day, step inside from the chilly December air, and put the phone on my desk. 5 hours later I get the "Hey idiot! Someone texted you" alert. Pick up the phone and the display is garbled. Odd.. Meh, reboot the phone. Now there's no display at all.

Somehow, within that 5 hour span, the LCD layer had cracked from one edge to the other. The Touchscreen glass was perfectly fine... the damn LCD layer was destroyed. Sitting on my desk. Untouched for hours.

TMo won't honor the warranty on it since they didn't sell it. I can understand that.. expected it really. Samsung? Wouldn't even talk to me. Made multiple calls, tried sending several emails.. even poked at their twitter accounts. Nothing.

So now it sits on my desk and I ponder what evil science to perform upon the $550 piece of garbage....

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-18-2012 07:49:24 AM
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-18-2012 11:21:23 AM
Pondered doing that, and I may yet do it. However right now the MT4G Slide works, I dislike touchscreen only phones (have since I first upgraded from my G1 to the SGS) and the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze Q cleared FCC so there's going to be a decent phone with a good 5row QWERTY available soon... may just spring for that instead.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-18-2012 01:04:03 PM
You can probably turn around and sell the phone once fixed for well more than the price of the screen.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-18-2012 05:07:22 PM
Galaxy S3 looks nice. For me, I'm just going to hold onto my Galaxy Nexus until the contract runs out.

In other news, Nexus 7 is pretty awesome for a tablet.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-18-2012 10:32:17 PM
quote:
Blindy. was naked while typing this:
You can probably turn around and sell the phone once fixed for well more than the price of the screen.

Something I hadn't really considered to be honest. Guess I need to track down a replacement screen and look into that.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-19-2012 08:04:32 AM
Maradon, I'm going to possibly be getting an S3 this weekend. Tell me about its hooks and chains, and how it's off them.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 07-19-2012 06:34:35 PM
I'm probably in a bad position to pass judgment, having never used any smartphone beyond a first generation Blackberry Storm.

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Every app or demo I've tried runs flawlessly at frame rates that put my desktop to shame. The built in music player is intuitive and runs well. The kindle app automatically syncs last page read with my kindle, so if I'm reading a book and I want to see a color picture in it, I can glance at my phone and view the same page with maybe two button presses.

So far the negative that really strikes me is that if you enable all the bells and whistles - gps, bluetooth, wifi, music, and a game, to say nothing of mobile hotspot - the battery drops like a rock. I've heard that you can actually discharge the battery faster than it can recharge from a wall outlet. Fortunately a free battery minder app actually helped that a lot.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 07-20-2012 03:18:37 AM
I only use my phone for phone calls and texts.

I'm stuck in 2005.

Help.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-20-2012 03:34:13 PM
Battery technology is still abysmal. Hopefully I can at least get a high capacity battery for the S3, if such a thing yet exists.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-20-2012 06:03:03 PM
I would take that with a grain of salt given the statement of the most advanced phone he's used.

Coworker said similar things when he went from an old Omnia to a Droid Razr...

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: