EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wii U
Maradon!
posted 06-16-2011 09:42:57 AM
When the Wii was announced, fan response seemed to be - to my utter incredulity - largely positive. Now that the Wii U has been announced, everyone seems skeptical and I'm the one on the other side of the fence.

It seems awesome. It's like they're combining all the winning aspects of the DS, Wii, and SNES and culling out the stupid bits like stick shaped controllers and over-emphasis on motion control.

Along with 1080p support and a controller that's actually a controller and not a gesture interpretation device, they've even announced a change in target demographic back to mainstream gaming. What more could I ask for?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-16-2011 10:03:42 AM
The 1080p support is a big selling point for me. The Wii looks comically awful on my TV.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 06-16-2011 10:19:53 AM
How about a controller that's not a $400 iPad? Or, if they're going to have such a thing, multiplayer support for it.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
nem-x
posted 06-16-2011 02:42:22 PM
You can only use one of those new controllers per console
So player 2-4 are gonna be shafted
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-16-2011 03:39:17 PM
Meh. Fuck 'em all.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Skaw
posted 06-16-2011 04:01:31 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maradon! wrote:
What more could I ask for?

Up-scaling on original Wii games. They would still not look as good as a 1080p WiiU game, but it would look a hell of a lot better than what they look like at 480p. Assuming Nintendo did as good of a job as Sony did with up-scaling PS2 games on the PS3.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 06-16-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-16-2011 09:11:25 PM
quote:
I suppose the same could be said of all Skaws...
Up-scaling on original Wii games.

This. I have been awaiting a Maradon post on this since E3 ended. Was hoping to see something along the lines of, "Oh em gee, Nintendo glued two consoles together again and called it something new."

I am disappoint.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Maradon!
posted 06-16-2011 11:19:42 PM
quote:
nem-xing:
You can only use one of those new controllers per console
So player 2-4 are gonna be shafted

All that is far from finalized. The console itself streams the content to the controller, so advanced streaming to multiple controllers may not be feasible, but there's nothing to say that your party games can't just tone down the graphical output while retaining the touch as an input device. How much local multiplayer does the average gamer really engage in, anyway?

And the fact that the controllers have no brains makes me seriously doubt they'll be $400.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: