EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: My New Year's project
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-09-2011 05:16:11 PM
Over the last years I've taken up home bartending. I like mixing drinks and trying out new recipes. So this year I'm going to make a Youtube series featuring quick lessons on how to make various cocktails.

Trying to decide on a first-episode drink to catch some feedback. At the moment I'm torn between the first drink I started mixing, being a Gimlet; or a very tasty drink recipe I picked up at an Irish Pub called a 4-Leaf Clover.

I'd like to avoid cliched cocktails like a martini until I've got a routine for the project. Any suggestions?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Skaw
posted 01-09-2011 06:03:01 PM
Here's an awesome drink:

1 part Vodka

Steven Steve
posted 01-09-2011 07:24:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/skyyjohn#grid/user/40E6602D61196AD1
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 01-09-2011 10:48:44 PM
quote:
Rodent Kinging:
I'd like to avoid cliched cocktails like a martini until I've got a routine for the project.

That seems backwards.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-10-2011 03:04:46 PM
Here is an awesome drink.

Take 1 part scotch.

Show it to a picture of an ice cube.

Consume.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-10-2011 04:40:36 PM
There's always the Churchill martini: add gin to glass, then wave an unopened bottle of vermouth over it. Serve.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 01-10-2011 07:33:41 PM
You guys are all pretty much describing exactly the way I drink
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Skaw
posted 01-11-2011 03:22:05 AM
quote:
Steven Steve spewed forth this undeniable truth:
You guys are all pretty much describing exactly the way I drink

It's because mixing your choice spirits with anything that dilutes it makes you a lesser man or lesser woman. Not because you're unable handle it(wussies,) but because you're pretty much ruining it. The same thing applies to drinking liqueurs.

You are only doing what is right, Steve.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 01-11-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-11-2011 11:37:51 AM
My house cocktail is the Patented Panty Remover.

Ingredients:
White Rum
Peach Schnapps
Orange Juice
Lots o' ice

You can use whatever size glass you like, but the golden ratio for the liquids in the drink seems to be 1.5:1:3. Panties will be dropping, my friends.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Anakha's PS3
Pancake
posted 01-11-2011 02:03:15 PM
Well, if you are looking for drink recipes, i prefer http://www.drinksmixer.com/

Ever since i made it into Pharmacy school, i picked up cocktail mixing as a way to relax from some of the stress. My current drink of choice is an Electric Lemonade

Electric Lemonade:
1.5 oz Vodka
1.5 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
Fill with sprite
0.5 oz Blue Curacao

Fill a glass with 3-4 cubes of ice. Add vodka, then sour mix. Fill with Sprite, then top with blue curacao to give it a blue color. Stir lightly and serve.

Maradon!
posted 01-12-2011 07:01:30 AM
The Drink of Tomorrow
(1) part Blue Curacao
Styrofoam peanuts to taste

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-12-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-12-2011 08:14:17 AM
Yeah, like I'll never actually drink a Patented Panty Remover. It's too goddamn sweet. Hell, a gin and tonic is too goddamn sweet if it's not 1:1.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: