EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: halp
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-01-2010 01:49:33 PM
*disappears under snow*

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-01-2010 03:56:15 PM
Right there with ya, bro. I even relented from being a hardass, and sent people home early today.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-01-2010 04:05:33 PM
Well, I am glad that all that white crap is coming down up there with you, as it is bad enough here already.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-01-2010 04:39:43 PM
It was 65 in New Jersey today. Of course, it's getting rapidly colder now that the front has blown through, but still.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-01-2010 07:42:41 PM
It snowed christmas eve last year here in Dallas..... and I wound up with 5500 in damage from finding a curb with the right front tire of my car, sideways at 10mph.

Can't wait to see what it does this year.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-01-2010 08:59:18 PM
We got a dusting today, but nothing too heavy.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gadani
U
posted 12-01-2010 09:17:24 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about (_|_):
It was 65 in New Jersey today. Of course, it's getting rapidly colder now that the front has blown through, but still.

It wasn't that warm in good ol' Southwest Louisiana today. WTF

Peter
Pancake
posted 12-01-2010 09:26:02 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Punky Brewster:

One thing I miss about NJ is not going from 45 degrees out to -10 in like 6 hours

Razor
posted 12-01-2010 10:37:42 PM
It was finally nice to work outside today. Never made it above -1C with a windchill bringing it down to the -10's on Monday, and yesterday made it to +2C with a wind chill of only -8C. It made it to 10 today. The ice finally started to melt in mass.

I guess that's what I get for working in So Cal... (This winter's gonna be a wet one)

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-02-2010 02:42:44 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Tarquinn said:
Well, I am glad that all that white crap is coming down up there with you, as it is bad enough here already.

Actually...

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-02-2010 05:19:04 AM
It's 5:30 AM here... looks like we got about 18-24 inches of snow. For some strange reason, my brother was already outside, probably shovelling the walk...

Not that it matters, since with the street unplowed, I don't think he's gonna be able to go to work.

Nina
posted 12-02-2010 08:45:38 AM
I'll trade you your snow for our 70mms of rain, Mort.
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-02-2010 02:43:07 PM
There's so much snow in our driveway that I can't tell specifically which drifts are our cars.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-03-2010 02:10:24 PM
quote:
Die, Random Insanity Generator! You don't belong in this world!
It snowed christmas eve last year here in Dallas..... and I wound up with 5500 in damage from finding a curb with the right front tire of my car, sideways at 10mph.

Can't wait to see what it does this year.

I was the only supervisor that stayed until we closed last year, like a moron with some kind of standard for wanting to get a job done rather than fleeing early for my own safety. Nearly wrecked twice on the way home and didn't get so much as a thanks from it.

I'm staying home on Christmas Eve this year. Fuck. That. Shit.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-03-2010 08:39:48 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor's account was hax0red to write:
There's so much snow in our driveway that I can't tell specifically which drifts are our cars.

You live in Buffalo; don't you have sled dogs for this?

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-03-2010 08:40:48 PM
quote:
So quoth Densetsu:
I was the only supervisor that stayed until we closed last year, like a moron with some kind of standard for wanting to get a job done rather than fleeing early for my own safety. Nearly wrecked twice on the way home and didn't get so much as a thanks from it.

Thank you for nearly wrecking.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-03-2010 08:58:44 PM
quote:
Tribute? You steal men's Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baels, and make them your slaves!
Thank you for nearly wrecking.

No prob, boss!

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: