EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: DADT done
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-13-2010 09:26:03 AM
I mean, until the appeal is filed. But still, it's a step in the right direction, for now.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-13-2010 11:51:03 PM
Gays serving openly in the military is going to happen, it's simply a matter of time. There will be a certain amount of hair pulling and teeth-gnashing in some quarters, just as there was when the military integrated racially and when women joined in greater numbers.

Within a generation or two, it will probably cease to be a big deal.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Steven Steve
posted 10-14-2010 02:15:14 AM
Finally gays can risk their lives and others' lives so they can support a government that doesn't support them
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-14-2010 08:46:49 PM
Just as African Americans did before them. It's just a matter of time. With more younger people in the military and as the old guard retires, it'll cease to be that big of an issue. When I first joined you wouldn't have supposed gays serving openly to your closest friends two six-packs in on a payday Friday night. By the time I retired, it was being discussed openly and seriously. Now, you've got a host of former service chiefs (4 start general types) saying it should happen.

So attitudes are changing. Yes, there will be some resistance, but at the end of the day the tradition of military subordinance to civilian leadership will prevail. The services will salute smartly, say "Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir" and go about their appointed duty.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-15-2010 05:53:30 AM

This shit writes itself.

Steven Steve
posted 10-15-2010 10:32:23 AM
Shouldn't it be the other way around
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-21-2010 08:34:59 AM
Annnnnd that was quick.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 10-21-2010 11:43:18 AM
Give it time to play itself out. You know the judge's original ruling is going to be upheld on appeal, seeing as how the 9th Circuit is such a famously liberal bunch of tree-hugging hippy doinks.

That way everybody gets that big Supreme Court showdown they've all been itching for to settle it once and for all. Unless DoD or Congress render it all irrelevant by opening up enlistment to gays on their own.

Callalron
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: