EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Show topics from last 20 days
Maradon!
posted 10-06-2010 11:35:55 PM
There are only ten.
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-07-2010 12:05:29 AM
Well, now there are 11.
Asterisk
Pancake
posted 10-07-2010 01:29:56 AM
Not a whole lot of activity here. I don't think we've had any new blood in quite a while. It's nice though that we have a special little community here though.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-07-2010 02:37:18 AM
Well, unless Drys starts drawing comics again, it's doubtful that we ever will get fresh blood again.

What's he doing these days anyway?

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Greenlit
posted 10-07-2010 03:21:15 AM
Hookers and blow.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-07-2010 08:01:24 AM
It's all been done. Most of the old topics were stupid fluff, anyway. We all know each other, now, so at some point, we're just treading over old ground. Like if someone posts a contentious political topic, we all know that I'll be all "HURRF HURRF IMPOTENT LIBERAL RAGE HURRF" and Maradon will be all "HURRF HURRF CAPITALISM IS GOOD HURRF." We all know this, so there's little point in fighting the same fight again and again.

But I have to say, my Maradon impression is fucking spot on.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 10-07-2010 08:11:22 AM
Cunts
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-07-2010 11:48:39 AM
I've got some extra money put into a Google Adwords account. Going to set it up to advertise the boards.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Steven Steve
posted 10-07-2010 02:17:31 PM
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Maradon!
posted 10-07-2010 05:57:58 PM
I never had you pegged as the token left winger, Karnaj.

I've actually been trying to lead by example and take a more diplomatic tone when it comes to ideology. Being a firebrand doesn't convince anybody and it's pretty rude to boot.

Steven Steve
posted 10-07-2010 11:00:11 PM
Just kill everyone that disagrees, it's easier

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-07-2010 11:46:42 PM
quote:
From the book of Karnaj, chapter 3, verse 16:
It's all been done. Most of the old topics were stupid fluff, anyway. We all know each other, now, so at some point, we're just treading over old ground. Like if someone posts a contentious political topic, we all know that I'll be all "HURRF HURRF IMPOTENT LIBERAL RAGE HURRF" and Maradon will be all "HURRF HURRF CAPITALISM IS GOOD HURRF." We all know this, so there's little point in fighting the same fight again and again.

But I have to say, my Maradon impression is fucking spot on.

Oh man, your Maradon impression means we've got something new to do when we crank call people.

Maradon!
posted 10-08-2010 06:55:17 AM
Steve is a token left winger.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-08-2010 07:57:57 AM
quote:
Maradon! got served! Maradon! got served!
I never had you pegged as the token left winger, Karnaj.

Maybe not token, but I'm probably the most ardently liberal wack-a-doo you'll meet outside of, say, some kind of neo-Marxist meet-and-greet. Also, give Parce your cell number. Geez.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 10-08-2010 08:50:04 PM
See though, what ideas do you espouse that lead you to think of yourself that way? Not the means to the ends, but the ends. Opinions on tariffs and government spending are questions of mathematics and behavioral science, not ideology.

I suspect that the ultimate goals of every honest political thinker are not so different at all. It's only about the means of achieving them that some are so unhappily mistaken.

Steven Steve
posted 10-08-2010 10:44:35 PM
The ultimate goals of every honest political thinker are to increase their own power and the means differ because the thinkers are different people with different statuses

Also I hope you weren't seriously calling me a left-winger right now, I was just making another hilarious attempt at trolling your Friedmanist dick sucking although I probably should have said something like "Just kill everyone that disagrees, then liberalize their markets and wait for the tab for the battle to be picked up by a democrat administration, democrats are the best ever, also taxes are the best and fairest way to use profits justly" and then you would have written a 5 page thesis that I would read while imagining the voice of an English homosexual

Maradon!
posted 10-09-2010 07:43:31 PM
The belief that the general population can't or shouldn't be trusted with the right of self determination is pretty much what defines the left wing.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 10-10-2010 02:14:35 AM
More that it's statistically unlikely that they can make a life for themselves worthy of a citizen in the richest country on the planet, so we should give them money to buy soft drinks with
Greenlit
posted 10-10-2010 02:26:06 AM
Someone's giving out money for soft drinks? Gimme a piece of that.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-11-2010 11:35:35 AM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Maradon! liberally with Old Spice!
See though, what ideas do you espouse that lead you to think of yourself that way?

In a nutshell, I advocate a level of regulation and have a distrust and disdain for large corporations which are, frankly, un-American of me. Such positions put me on the fringe.

Beer.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 10-16-2010 02:28:22 PM
I'd post, but your server sucked me in.

I suppose I could re-start the deal of the moment thread thread...

Gadani
U
posted 10-16-2010 02:39:47 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past had this to say about John Romero:

How do I take advantage of this? The Xbox tells me it's $19.99 and the website says it's free but I can't initiate the download from the website.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 10-20-2010 01:35:27 AM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past had this to say about Captain Planet:

I was very fond of that thread.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 10-21-2010 01:25:16 PM
Did someone say liberal and whack-a-doo?

Obama doesn't care about white people. *Sunglasses*

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Steven Steve
posted 10-21-2010 02:14:53 PM
Liberal = Democrat

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: