EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So...What what games are everyone playing at the moment?
Peter
Pancake
posted 05-04-2010 01:43:15 PM
Been giving Star trek online A shot, and find it pretty decent, though the content seems rather missing in areas, and other area's you seem to rush right through. But I do dig the quest layout as episodes. Wouldn't mind more ship selections, and kinda scratching my head at some..The game is set after Next Generation, yet you have the Miranda and Constitution refits in wide spread use. The game though, defiantly seems to be one to revisit after a year or so.

Also been maintaining Wow Subscription, but mostly just go on to level an alt or collect badgers, honestly just tooling around till I can help retake Gnomergon

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-04-2010 01:54:40 PM
Drakensang - The River of Time

Flotilla

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-04-2010 02:21:50 PM
Still plodding along on TB:RB and RB2.

Waiting for my SC2 beta key. Fun times await when I get that.

Otherwise, I'm pretty much done with videogames, I think.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-04-2010 02:44:32 PM
quote:
Karnaj stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Waiting for my SC2 beta key. Fun times await when I get that.

I paid $5 for it at Gamestop. That's easily worth it even if I don't redeem the preorder. Besides, the beta will probably end soon given that they gave the game a late July release date

For me:
Starcraft II beta
League of Legends
Bad Company 2

Steven Steve
posted 05-04-2010 03:15:08 PM
Diablo 2, Deus Ex, Pokemon Diamond, branle
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 05-04-2010 03:33:31 PM
Super Street Fighter IV (Cody rules) and the Halo: Reach multiplayer beta. I want to play StarCraft II, but I've got to get a new computer to run it, which I can't afford at the moment =|

EDIT: Also, I'm finding it hard to justify laying down $700 or so just so I can play SC2 and The Old Republic. OTOH, I'm sure I'll get tons of play from both of them...

Sentow, I Guess fucked around with this message on 05-04-2010 at 03:41 PM.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2010 03:51:08 PM
Currently Playing
360:
- Dragon Age (on hiatus)
- Modern Warefare 2 Party Chat Supported multiplayer modes (simply because one of my friends from out of state use it as an excuse to socialize with the rest of us)
- Halo 3 Big Social

Wii:
- Monkey Island
- Wii Sports
- Wii Fit

PC:
- Spore (just won)
- Crysis

Board:
- Power Grid (always a favorite)
- Battlestar Galatica (Somewhat overplayed, people are getting tired of it. Not me, though)
- Pandemic & On the Brink Expansion (I'm getting tired of that one)
- Various others (Puerto Rico, Cranium, Catan, Trivial Pursuit, Munchkin Quest, Ninja Burger, El Grande, Apples to Apples, etc) infrequently

Handheld:
- Bowser's Inside Story (Just got it, haven't played yet)

Planned for the future:
Dungeon Lords (A boardgame version of Dungeon Keeper)
Pegasus Expansion (Battlestar Galatica Board Game expansion)
Dominion (Board)
Cash 'n Guns (Board)
Just Cause 2 (PC/360)
The new Tropico game (PC/360)
Zelda (Wii)
Any Mario (Wii)
Power Grid: Factory manager (Board)
Race for the Galaxy (Board)

Despite the size of the list, I don't game as much as most. Crysis is currently my "main" game simply because I just got it, but I'll probably jump from game to game, complete one, replace one with another, and keep going. Spore was my previous "main" game.

Still craving a decent 3X game. Spore didn't fill that niche as well as I'd hope.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-04-2010 at 04:03 PM.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 05-04-2010 04:20:14 PM
Just diablo 2 atm. Was playing through DA again, but dropped that. Trying to get a bunch of my co-workers to form a clan for D2, then D3 when it comes out in ~never.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2010 04:29:02 PM
quote:
Norim Stumpfighter got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Just diablo 2 atm. Was playing through DA again, but dropped that. Trying to get a bunch of my co-workers to form a clan for D2, then D3 when it comes out in ~never.

Your post made me realize that I've been waiting about a dozen or so years for Starflight 3 to be finished.

Diablo 3will come out when it comes out. Blizzard doesn't flake out on games, they only cut them if they don't meet their standards.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-04-2010 at 04:29 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-04-2010 04:34:24 PM
Been playing Forza 3 on 360, but while the racing is fun, the load times--for freakin' everything--are so heinous I'm about to uninstall it in frustration.

Also played through about half of Splosion Man, which is a great game right up until it turns hardcore platformer and turns from fun to work. Braid worked because it was basically puzzle-based; this one is just frustrating because it's obvious what to do, but requires ever-longer series of split-second timed moves or you die and start over. The essence of platforming...if you're into that kind of thing.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-04-2010 04:46:40 PM
Oddly enough, Sword of the Stars.

With all the expansions it's pretty awesome and fixes all the quibbles I had about it at release.

Tarquinn
posted 05-04-2010 05:23:35 PM
Told you so.

Actually, I didn't, you just doubted my statement in some previous thread.

Anyway, as this is also about non computer games, I started playing Warmachine. As if I hadn't enough unpainted toys already.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 05-04-2010 10:51:03 PM
Deus Ex and (probably) the F&F Cataclysm Alpha.

I've also been figuring out how to get an oxytocin study through the IRB and how to link Hell beliefs with punishment behaviors. I can already feel the slow but methodical metamorphosis into a grad student beginning to chip away at what little sanity I had left.

Skaw
posted 05-04-2010 11:37:10 PM
Monster Hunter 3
Team Fortress 2

That's about it really.

DthBlayde
Pancake
posted 05-05-2010 12:19:41 AM
PC: EQ2, Kings Bounty: The Legend, Champions Online (when im reeaaally bored)

PS3: Just Cause 2, God of War 3, Yakuza 3, Star Ocean, FF13 and Resonance of Fate

CBTao
Pancake
posted 05-05-2010 12:36:52 AM
WoW

PS3: Currently nothing, like many lackluster ff's before it, I got all the way to the end before the bost and lost all interest whatsoever.

360: Finishing up DAO:Awakening, then its either Lost Odyssey, Star Ocean, or Magna Carta 2.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 05-05-2010 01:38:28 AM
Still playing EQ, play BF1942 once in a while. Dusted off Simcity a while back.
Addy
posted 05-05-2010 01:54:41 AM
WOW.

I'm a nerd.

Greenlit
posted 05-05-2010 02:23:21 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Addy stammered:
WOW.

I'm a nerd.

arharhar they pulled you back in

I've got League of Legends for PC; Heavy Rain and Dynasty Warriors Strike Force for PS3.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-05-2010 04:17:26 AM
Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword mostly

I could play this game forever and never master or get bored of it I suspect.

Occassional sprinklings of Starcraft 2, League of Legends and Disgaea DSas well, but heavily Civ4. Ethiopia rapes planets with gunpowder.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 05-05-2010 09:22:46 AM
Still playing WoW, and not much else. My guild's killing arthas now.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 05-05-2010 01:19:29 PM
bouncing between DA: Origins, and Fallout3(new exp soonish) while i wait for DA2, and Fable3.
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-05-2010 01:29:22 PM
WoW, Left 4 Dead 2 and currently playing a rental of Nier on the PS3.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Willias
Pancake
posted 05-05-2010 01:44:59 PM
WoW (just logging on to raid at the moment, though I do want to get a holy paladin alt started up because my guild's main holy paladin is fucking terrible)
EQ2

I have Pokemon HeartGold and Bayonetta on the backburner at the moment, and am eagerly awaiting Mario Galaxy 2 when it comes out later this month.

Addy
posted 05-05-2010 02:30:02 PM
quote:
This one time, at Greenlit camp:
arharhar they pulled you back in

I've got League of Legends for PC; Heavy Rain and Dynasty Warriors Strike Force for PS3.

Yeah At least I'm not a hardcore raider now. Such a waste of time.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 05-05-2010 05:11:12 PM
Diablo 2: Median XL mod (See a previous forum thread)

Vanguard

Left 4 Dead 2

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Maradon!
posted 05-05-2010 07:17:42 PM
Just bought a PS3 actually.

Playing Demon's Souls

It's pretty rough.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-05-2010 09:50:16 PM
yeah.. Demon's Souls is pretty unforgiving... but insanely addictive at the same time..
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-05-2010 09:53:31 PM
DA and DA A. Mass Effect 2.

My DnD group meets about three times a month.

I've become a game snob, set in my ways. I'm pretty much exclusively RPG, almost entirely Bioware, these days.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Willias
Pancake
posted 05-06-2010 01:08:57 AM
quote:
Maradon! obviously shouldn't have said:
Just bought a PS3 actually.

Playing Demon's Souls

It's pretty rough.

Depending on how far you are in the game, this may or may not help:

Start with character that has armor. Beat World 1-1 so you can actually choose between the different game worlds.

Go to World 5-1, early on (within the first ~5 minutes of the level) there's a morning star on a ledge.

Get said morning star (unless you picked a class that starts with a blunt weapon).

Go to world 4-1 and farm the shit out of skeletons. Go far enough into the level to find a Crescent Falchion (near a dual-wielding black skeleton). Level up a bunch, making sure to get enough Dexterity so you can use a bow and arrow. Also take the time to get some weapon upgrades (there's a vendor that sells the stones needed for basic upgrades at the beginning of World 2-1).

Get some kind of bow (so long as you aren't using a crossbow you're alright) and get a ton (~200) of arrows.

Go back to world 1-1, go to where the red dragon is and shoot the shit out of it with your bow and arrow until it flies away. Collect as much loot as you can around the dragon area, making sure to get the Purple Flame Shield.

Once you have a blunt weapon, the crescent falchion, a bow, and the purple flame shield, you're EASILY ready to complete World 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, and 4-1. In World 2, you'll get the stuff you need to make Dragon weapons, which you'll want for World 3.

tl;dr: Get the morning star from the beginning of world 5-1, and then go kick the crap out of skeletons in world 4-1. Easiest place to level up early on in the game.

I heard a lot about Demon's Souls being difficult... only to find out it wasn't so bad so long as you pick a good class to start with and figure out how to beef up your character quickly. World 4-2 can go fuck itself though.

Willias fucked around with this message on 05-06-2010 at 01:11 AM.

nem-x
posted 05-06-2010 01:57:09 AM
I'm the worst.

A nine year old WW2 flight sim

And a russian attack helicopter sim

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 05-06-2010 02:06:23 AM
quote:
nem-x Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I'm the worst.

Is that Aces High? My pop always liked that one.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

nem-x
posted 05-06-2010 02:20:00 AM
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-06-2010 06:26:25 AM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, nem-x squealed:
IL-2

Does anyone make high-quality joysticks anymore?

Tarquinn
posted 05-06-2010 06:43:51 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why nem-x wrote:
I'm the worst.

[xIMG]http://www.nem-x.com/i/il2/seow2b25s.jpg[/IMG]

Where's that texture from? HoMM artwork?

quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Does anyone make high-quality joysticks anymore?

Thrustmaster

The HOTAS Cougar is supposed to be quite good.

nem-x
posted 05-06-2010 12:48:17 PM
The new Serra Angel MTG art.

Everyone talks about the Saitek X52 hotas which is about $75
Since you like to go big, there's the Logitech G940 which is $300; it also doesn't have those dumb as fuck LEDs that the X52 has all over. It comes with rudder pedals in addition to the hotas. It's force feedback though.

Personally I would get trackir before buying an expensive joystick setup if you don't already have it.

Tarquinn
posted 05-06-2010 12:52:56 PM
Thanks.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-06-2010 01:08:18 PM
It's cool, Nem. I still play RTW. In fact, I haven't bought a new game in like a year and change.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-06-2010 01:20:11 PM
Probably just my background, but I really liked the old-school Thrustmaster F-16 replicas...and not a big fan of the funky plastic ones that rely on force-feedback for any kind of heft or feel. That, and there hasn't really been a good air or space combat sim in seems like a decade or so.

nem-x
posted 05-06-2010 02:09:15 PM
There is the Saitek X-65F if you want F-16. It's a pressure sensing joystick just like the real thing; there is no travel of the stick.

Sometime this year the people who made DCS Blackshark (KA-50) are releasing an A-10C Warthog sim. They focus on one aircraft and fully model it for realism with a near 100% interactive cockpit.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: