EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: All Beatles original songs ranked from worst to best
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-02-2010 12:40:19 PM
Well, I'm glad that's settled once and for all.

For the lazy -

The Worst: Revolution 9
The Best: A Day in the Life

While, of course, some songs I really like are decidedly towards the Worst side of the list, I do like that, in general, this guy went into detail about each song and the justification for its position. And hell, his top ten is pretty solid.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 03-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 03-02-2010 06:20:59 PM
quote:
x--KarnajO-('-'Q) :
The Worst: Revolution 9

Who didn't see that one coming?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-02-2010 10:34:08 PM
quote:
Maradon! put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
Who didn't see that one coming?

Yeah, that's gotta be a given. Although, I vehemently disagree with placing "I Want You(She's So Heavy)" so far down the list. But Abbey Road has always been my favorite album, so.

Accordingly, I'd also bump "Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End" up to #1, but hey, it ain't my list. "Let It Be" would be much higher, too, but only because that's the one song in the Beatles' catalog that can get me to cry like a little bitch.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 03-02-2010 10:43:40 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Karnaj stammered:
Yeah, that's gotta be a given. Although, I vehemently disagree with placing "I Want You(She's So Heavy)" so far down the list. But Abbey Road has always been my favorite album, so.

Accordingly, I'd also bump "Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End" up to #1, but hey, it ain't my list. "Let It Be" would be much higher, too, but only because that's the one song in the Beatles' catalog that can get me to cry like a little bitch.

I've seen "Mr. Moonlight" ranked last before, and I couldn't believe anyone would rank anything lower than Revolution 9.

I agree with you on both of these points.

Also, Yer Blues should be higher.

Kermitov 2 fucked around with this message on 03-02-2010 at 10:44 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: