EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Happy new year!
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 12-31-2009 11:00:43 AM
The future is awesome guys
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-31-2009 08:44:01 PM
Sorry, I'm not in that year yet.

I'll get back to you when I make it.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 12-31-2009 08:56:38 PM
[segue] Speaking of the future, this New Year has made me wonder: when 2100 rolls around, will there be a group of people who obstinately insist on pronouncing the forthcoming years, "Two-thousand one-hundred such-and-such," instead of, "Twenty-one whatever?"

Or perhaps it'll start earlier, and some linguistic miscreants will call this year, "Twenty ten," just to be contrary. Hmmm... I think I have a good New Year's resolution, now.

Uh, anyway. Happy New Year.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Gadani
U
posted 12-31-2009 08:59:26 PM
quote:
Sentow, I Guess had this to say about Captain Planet:
[segue] Speaking of the future, this New Year has made me wonder: when 2100 rolls around, will there be a group of people who obstinately insist on pronouncing the forthcoming years, "Two-thousand one-hundred such-and-such," instead of, "Twenty-one whatever?"

Or perhaps it'll start earlier, and some linguistic miscreants will call this year, "Twenty ten," just to be contrary. Hmmm... I think I have a good New Year's resolution, now.

Uh, anyway. Happy New Year.

"Twenty twelve"

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 12-31-2009 09:23:59 PM
quote:
Verily, Gadani doth proclaim:
"Twenty twelve"

You're right; my excessive use of quotation marks will be moot when the Mayan Death Star enters orbit in Em Em Ex I I.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-31-2009 11:11:16 PM
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYBODY OH MY GOD HAHAHAHA
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 01-01-2010 12:54:55 AM

Yay.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mightion Defensor
posted 01-01-2010 01:37:29 AM
Happy.... New... Year... *crash*

* falls into a sweaty pile of human wreckage after 45 minutes of Wii Fit Plus

Greenlit
posted 01-01-2010 02:27:35 AM
You've been a sweaty pile of human wreckage for a long time now, don't lay the blame at Wii Fit.
Greenlit
posted 01-01-2010 02:27:54 AM
HOW'S THAT FOR SOME HOLIDAY CHEER
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-01-2010 04:21:16 AM
^^^^ SSSUSSSSSSSSUUUUUUCKKKKK MY DIIIIICCCCCCCKKKK ^^^^^
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-01-2010 06:37:43 AM
I wonder what Obama will fail to do this year :colbert:
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-01-2010 07:15:36 AM
Happy new year et al.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-01-2010 05:49:48 PM
It either the shot of mezcal or the four year old 1800 Reposado that was a bad idea.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-02-2010 05:46:00 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Pvednes absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
The future is awesome guys

Gotta wear shades.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: