EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wolverine Origins
Number 1 Poster
posted 05-03-2009 01:41:53 PM
Worst character remake ever. What the hell.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 05-03-2009 02:10:40 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on nem-x is SUPER gay!
Worst character remake ever.

I don't know what this sentance means.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Steven Steve
posted 05-03-2009 02:17:02 PM
sentance
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Number 1 Poster
posted 05-03-2009 03:45:42 PM
quote:
How.... Bricktop.... uughhhhhh:
I don't know what this sentance means.

nem-x
posted 05-03-2009 04:59:03 PM
poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
Steven Steve
posted 05-03-2009 05:29:46 PM
Steven H. gave it a 1:
The Fox X-Men movies continue to grow more insane with this installment, featuring a Deadpool with camera laser eyes, swords that come out of his hands, a fat man playing Sabertooth, an Asian Agent Zero, Cyclops inexplicably kidnapped by Weapon X, Wolverine somehow participating in the Civil War despite not having been born yet, etc. etc. Probably the worst film I've seen since the last film I saw, which I've already forgotten (Watchmen maybe?).
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Greenlit
posted 05-04-2009 02:03:21 AM
Yeah it was pretty terrible.

I almost walked out of a free screening.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 05-04-2009 02:35:25 AM
If you're a fan of comics, for the love of god, don't go see movies about them.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-04-2009 02:39:30 AM
quote:
Kermitov 2 got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
If you're a fan of comics, for the love of god, don't go see movies about them.

Dark Knight, Spider-Man, Iron Man.

Greenlit
posted 05-04-2009 03:04:57 AM
Spider-Man 2, X-Men, X2
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-04-2009 05:19:41 AM
X3 was awful, though
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-04-2009 07:12:47 AM
GUYS AGENT ZERO WAS ASIAN IN THIS FILM WHEN CLEARLY IN WEAPON X ISSUE 16 PAGE 4 LINE 2 FRAME 3 IT STATES THAT HE WAS BORN IN EAST GERMANY THIS IS AN OUTRAGE FUCK FOX.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 05-04-2009 11:48:05 AM
quote:
Blindy. thought about the meaning of life:
GUYS AGENT ZERO WAS ASIAN IN THIS FILM WHEN CLEARLY IN WEAPON X ISSUE 16 PAGE 4 LINE 2 FRAME 3 IT STATES THAT HE WAS BORN IN EAST GERMANY THIS IS AN OUTRAGE FUCK FOX.

At least they didn't make him black.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 05-04-2009 12:15:36 PM
ALSO WOLVERINE WAS NOT BORN YET IN 1861 I CAN NOT ENJOY THE BACK-STORY OF WOLVERINE UNLESS HE WAS BORN AT LEAST 10 YEARS LATER AND TAKING SOME CINEMATIC LICENSE TO PUT HIM IN THE CIVIL WAR IS BEYOND WHAT THEY ARE PERMITTED TO DO WHICH IS TO LITERALLY FILM A PICTURE OF THE COMIC BOOK WHILE READING IT.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Zair
The Imp
posted 05-04-2009 12:24:42 PM
Did he fight for the north or the south?
Blindy
posted 05-04-2009 12:27:17 PM
The canadians!
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 05-04-2009 01:54:58 PM
Hell, there's been issues of Wolverine where he fought for the Japanese against the Chinese back during the samurai/ninja pre-gun era.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Blindy
posted 05-04-2009 02:24:43 PM
There are at least a billion different versions of Wolverine's back story, and this one is no more or less competent. Ignoring the obviously spin off oriented inclusion of gambit and teen-cyclops, neither of which really had any impact on the story and were obviously included solely to widen the appeal.
nem-x
posted 05-04-2009 03:11:49 PM
tbh the intro credits was the best part of the movie, even if it makes wolverine 150 years old
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2009 06:58:21 PM
The movie was supposed to have multiple endings after the credits depending on which theater you went to - different reels had diffrent easter eggs.

What easter eggs did you all see?

Mine had two -

The credits started

The COL was walking on a long road, driven by the mutant's curse. A vehicle stops behind him, and soldiers come out. After confirming his identity, they inform him that he's wanted for questioning with the death of a GEN (though I may have been mistaken on his rank. I don't recall if Striker's victim actually had 4 stars)

The credits continued

Deadpool's arm reaches around, covered in rubble. The arm reaches around and finds deadpools unconscious head, also in the rubble (it's not clear if the two are attached by a torso or not). Deadpool's head awakens, looks at the screen, breaks the 4th wall, and say "shhhh"

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-04-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Greenlit
posted 05-04-2009 07:05:12 PM
We got four prints at my theater but only two endings, despite having heard rumors of there being more.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2009 07:08:05 PM
quote:
Greenlit was naked while typing this:
We got four prints at my theater but only two endings, despite having heard rumors of there being more.

Were they the same endings as the ones I posted?

Greenlit
posted 05-04-2009 07:31:22 PM
That's one ending.

The other we have features Logan, not Deadpool.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2009 07:33:29 PM
quote:
From the book of Greenlit, chapter 3, verse 16:
That's one ending.

The other we have features Logan, not Deadpool.

Would you mind posting what happens in spoiler tags?

Blindy.
posted 05-04-2009 10:08:02 PM
quote:
I gotta give it to Ghost of Forums Past with:
Would you mind posting what happens in spoiler tags?

Logan is in a bar in Japan. He orders another shot of whiskey. The waitress asks if he is drinking to forget. He says he's drinking to remember.

Ares
posted 05-05-2009 02:44:55 AM
I'll probably go see this just to point out everything that is wrong with it. I hate the X-Men movies but love the other comic movies.. Probably because I've only ever known stuff about the X-Men.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-05-2009 03:20:50 AM
In a somewhat similar note, Star Trek is supposed to be p. boss.
Steven Steve
posted 05-05-2009 06:19:20 AM
All of the comic book movies you people listed as being good were crap. What is wrong with all of you? And the problem with the movie not fitting the current comic book continuum is that it made obvious strides toward imitating it, yet didn't, not because the story they wrote is "entertaining" or anything, but because it's mass produced garbage. I'd be surprised if the director or screenwriter could even get their own version of the continuum straight, considering it is quite obvious that they don't need to give a shit when people will continue to rush to the movie's defense merely because it's an action movie and therefore free of the requirement of not sucking ass, and they can continue to make tens of millions of dollars for being incompetent. Why would you argue for the inter-movie continuity being correct, when Sabretooth is suddenly a hairy confused savage beast, apparently unrelated to Wolverine in the very first "great" movie? It's almost as if these films were some kind of art or something, when in fact they were just Hollywood crap spewed out by Fox. DEADPOOL HAS SWORDS COMING OUT OF HIS HANDS. DON'T YOU GET IT!?!?!?!?!?

Number 1 Poster
posted 05-05-2009 06:23:17 AM
quote:
Steven Steve painfully thought these words up:

Steven Steve
posted 05-05-2009 07:32:52 AM
JAMES LOGAN

Blindy
posted 05-05-2009 10:23:54 AM
The only shitty thing about that movie is how after someone did something cool they struck a pose. Anything else you want to whine about is classic comic-book-guy type stuff.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 05-05-2009 12:43:27 PM
Steve, nobody cares that you don't like anything.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-05-2009 03:05:10 PM
Fuck you, Steve likes me. He said so. At least, that's what I'm going around telling everyone.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 05-05-2009 10:40:44 PM
STAY POSITIVE GUYS, NO ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT HERE

Blindy.
posted 05-06-2009 07:20:16 AM
IF A MOVIE IS NOT PERFECT IT IS CRAP AND I CANNOT ENJOY IT.
Steven Steve
posted 05-06-2009 09:04:25 AM
This film is rated lower by both critics and plebs than 300 and Ice Princess, Blindy. Give it up.

Number 1 Poster
posted 05-06-2009 09:13:27 AM
Don't you fucking smack talk Ice Princess you faggot piece of shit. That should have won every emmy for every possible catagory.
Steven Steve
posted 05-06-2009 10:10:23 AM
meow

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 05-06-2009 01:18:18 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118003226.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2563

quote:
Twentieth Century Fox has begun development on "Deadpool," an "X-Men" spinoff that will be crafted as a star vehicle for Ryan Reynolds, who played the character in "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

The character is one of the most popular in Marvel Comics' X-Men universe. Deadpool is Wade Wilson, a mercenary who, dying of cancer, submits himself to the Weapon X genetic alteration experiment and emerges as an indestructible semi-sane anti-hero. Reynolds seemed destined to play the character. In one reference in the Marvel Comics, Deadpool is described as a mix between "a Shar Pei and Ryan Reynolds."

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-06-2009 03:36:56 PM
quote:
nem-x is SUPER gay has funnier quote texts than me:
Don't you fucking smack talk Ice Princess you faggot piece of shit. That should have won every emmy for every possible catagory.

maybe you mean oscar

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: