EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So I just watched I Am Legend with the CONTROVERSIAL ALTERNATE ENDING
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-28-2009 01:52:37 PM
And the only thing controversial about it was that it sucked balls.
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 04-28-2009 02:07:26 PM
What's the difference?
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-28-2009 02:14:29 PM
It's the same until they're trapped behind the glass with the Alpha Male or whatever they called him in the credits headbutting the door and slowly breaking the glass. He puts his hand on the door and the dirt from his hand smears into the shape of a butterfly, and he looks at the DARK STALKER that Will Smith had medicated and on ice. So Will Smith looks at her and remembers the butterfly tattoo on her neck and then he and the Alpha Male exchange some intense cross cultural eye contact, and Will Smith HAS AN EPIPHANY and takes the IV out of the chick's arm and tells the human girl to open the door.

They argue a bit and she finally opens it, and Will Smith wheels the female zombie out and the live chick slams the door shut. Nobody attacks him, and everytime someone starts to, the ALPHA MALE growls at them and Will Smith slowly reaches into a drawer and pulls out a syringe filled with something, and puts it into the unconcious zombie chick, and she slowly wakes up and the Alpha Male starts to hold her and kiss her and shit, and picks her up and he growls and all the other zombies slowly walk up the stairs, and he kind of nods at Will Smith and carries her up the stairs.

Then it cuts to daylight and Will Smith is driving with the chick and her kid and a new recording like the one he played on loop about being at the pier everyday at midday is playing with her voice talking about three survivors traveling north up whatever interestate looking for survivors.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-28-2009 02:15:01 PM
It's basically the worst ending to a movie ever.
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 04-28-2009 02:21:22 PM
I see what you mean.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-28-2009 02:24:14 PM
I don't think any of the movies have had the ending of the novel. That's a great fucking ending.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 04-28-2009 02:24:48 PM
It sounds like the producers confused the word "controversial" with the word "contrived", and just ran with it.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-28-2009 02:27:18 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Karnaj wrote:
I don't think any of the movies have had the ending of the novel. That's a great fucking ending.

Seriously, I was hoping for something closer to that when it was all CONTROVERSIAL ENDING. I guess none of the people they screened it for liked it and that makes it controversial.

Greenlit
posted 04-28-2009 03:06:26 PM
quote:
Bricktop spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Seriously, I was hoping for something closer to that when it was all CONTROVERSIAL ENDING. I guess none of the people they screened it for liked it and that makes it controversial.

Did anybody that screened the theatrical ending like it?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-28-2009 03:23:13 PM
quote:
Greenlit still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Did anybody that screened the theatrical ending like it?

Yeah, really. Maybe it's because I was hammered out of my mind when I saw it, but a lot of the movie is just shit-tastic. Will Smith's performance was excellent, but they could not have fucked up the basic premises of the story any more.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 04-28-2009 03:48:27 PM
I liked the movie.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 04-28-2009 07:00:50 PM
I thought it was one of the best movies of the year right up until the point where the girl was introduced. It's like she was such a bad actress that she sucked the good out of the rest of the movie. And then the original ending tried too hard to end on a happy note.

Will Smith was in top form the entire movie, though, and has certainly come a long way from WELCOME TO EARF and OH UNCLE PHIL YOU SO FAT

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-28-2009 07:53:42 PM
The movie needed to end with Will Smith dying after his insanely unplanned revenge plot.

Or maybe as soon as the dog died.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 04-28-2009 10:21:20 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:
Yeah, really. Maybe it's because I was hammered out of my mind when I saw it, but a lot of the movie is just shit-tastic. Will Smith's performance was excellent, but they could not have fucked up the basic premises of the story any more.

Ditto. The movie did not resemble the book excepting Will Smith's character and zombies. The book was way better and I highly recommend reading it especially since it started the zombie stories genre.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Steven Steve
posted 04-28-2009 11:15:43 PM
They forgot the part from the book where the vampire that crashed his daughter's escape helicopter was really the leader of the group that attacked him, and his former college roomate, LaMont. Also I am annoyed that they turned the "Martha" hologram companion character into a mannequin at the local video store. Need I even mention the missing rocket-propelled motorcycle? Where is Hollywood's head?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Ares
posted 04-30-2009 03:21:27 AM
I refused to keep watching once I found out the dog died.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-06-2009 08:13:25 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

That ending explains the whole point of why it's "I Am Legend"

I thought this movie was good but the ending was really shitty and completely missed the point.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 05-08-2009 09:17:46 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Robocop:
I refused to keep watching once I found out the dog died.

That's a pretty retarded reason not to watch a movie.

Do you stop living because dogs die everyday in the real world.

Bricktop fucked around with this message on 05-08-2009 at 09:18 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 05-08-2009 09:25:35 PM
I live because dogs die in the real world
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: