EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Oh, f*ck...
Ares
posted 01-12-2009 09:46:04 PM
This is the email I got from my instructor that I've yet to meet... I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot...

quote:
Dear all,

Note: An Adjustment to the Course Structure and Assigement

1. We will cancel the "student prosentation" listed in the course outline

2. Instead, we shall focus more on the weekly readings, and understanding of it. I will devise some tests on your readings and understaning ..weekly basis.

3. **For next week, please read the assigned text and prepare to write at least 3 imporant quotations from the text. with your self-reflective and critical understading of it. The writing will be at the beginning of the course for 15 min.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Soyang

\

I have no idea WTF she actually wants for next week. "The writing will be at the beginning of the course for 15 min." WTF is that supposed to mean? Are we writting something at the beginning of the class? Or are we going to be discussing our critical reviews of the writting?

At least get an instructor that can spell and use proper sentence structure.

nem-x
posted 01-12-2009 09:52:24 PM
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-12-2009 10:35:28 PM
quote:
Ares put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I have no idea WTF she actually wants for next week. "The writing will be at the beginning of the course for 15 min." WTF is that supposed to mean? Are we writting something at the beginning of the class? Or are we going to be discussing our critical reviews of the writting?[/IMG]

I suspect you'll be doing the former. But really, does preparing for one task completely screw you over if the other one is presented?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-13-2009 06:07:48 AM
f*ck
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-13-2009 08:36:53 AM
"swearing"
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 01-13-2009 10:11:28 AM
Time to shirk the education system and find a "critical understading" of all the useless shitty institutions in society.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-15-2009 08:38:51 AM
Did The Soyang at least assign the text to which The Soyang refers?

It definitely sounds like, whatever that assigned text is, The Soyang wants the first task you perform subsequent to planting your keister in a seat of The Soyang's classroom to be the writing by you of a short essay that critically analyzes three quotes extracted from the aforementioned assigned text in such a way that you agree with The Soyang's heretofore unstated opinion of said aforementioned assigned text.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Ares
posted 01-15-2009 10:53:59 AM
I have no idea.. lol I just analyzed the text (the readings are pre-assigned in the outline) and then picked out three important quotes that reflected.

Too bad the readings are very hefty to me (Karl Marx). I'm not used to reading his writting or subject matter. So, it took me a lot longer to read the articles than it should have. Thankfully, there are SparksNotes, which cleared up a lot of it.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-15-2009 03:01:04 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Ares liberally with Old Spice!
Too bad the readings are very hefty to me (Karl Marx). I'm not used to reading his writting or subject matter. So, it took me a lot longer to read the articles than it should have. Thankfully, there are SparksNotes, which cleared up a lot of it.

I can actually hear Maradon sprinting to his computer right now, brimful with righteous capitalist, anti-intellectual fury.

Beer.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-16-2009 02:43:47 PM
Is "writting" Canadian for "writing?"
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Ares
posted 01-16-2009 05:30:49 PM
quote:
Vernaltemptress had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Is "writting" Canadian for "writing?"

No, see that is a typo, which none of my instructors are.

The outline is even worse. She knows the information she's trying to teach inside and out, but cannot properly present it. When you ask her a question, her answer is either totally off, or she doesn't understand it. I hope I can get all that I need from the readings.

Ares
posted 01-16-2009 05:31:31 PM
quote:
From the book of Ares, chapter 3, verse 16:
No, see that is a typo, unlike the instructors mistakes.

The outline is even worse. She knows the information she's trying to teach inside and out, but cannot properly present it. When you ask her a question, her answer is either totally off, or she doesn't understand it. I hope I can get all that I need from the readings.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2009 06:30:23 PM
quote:
Ares probably says this to all the girls:
No, see that is a typo, which none of my instructors are.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-16-2009 06:50:38 PM
If she can't present the information then she doesn't know it inside and out.
Ares
posted 01-17-2009 01:55:52 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Naimah:
If she can't present the information then she doesn't know it inside and out.

She does know it, she cannot present it due to a language barrier.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-17-2009 07:35:05 PM
Then she shouldn't be a teacher in a class that uses English. Being able to communicate is requirement number 1 for a teacher.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-17-2009 08:23:49 PM
and thus Naimah was introduced to the world of University education
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-18-2009 10:32:07 AM
Yea, I have an EE degree and had to become fluent in an Indian accent. That doesn't make it any less stupid.
Steven Steve
posted 01-18-2009 12:37:53 PM
Teachers are supposed to be leaders, and again, if you cannot communicate, you cannot be a leader. At most you might as well be a mule. You have to be able to organize, and, well, teach. If you cannot speak the language of the people you are teaching, how the hell will you teach them abstract concepts? Hand them a book? As if that justifies tuition. Die, equality.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 01-18-2009 05:08:30 PM
quote:
x--KarnajO-('-'Q) :
I can actually hear Maradon sprinting to his computer right now, brimful with righteous capitalist, anti-intellectual fury.

Haha, no way man, I wish more people would read marx. I posted the audio book of the manifesto in the old mp3 thread.

The extent to which his ideas were wildly inconsistent with reality isn't quite so apparent as when you're actually reading what the man thought. If anything, the figure that behaves the most similarly to the mythical multi-headed horror that Marx describes as "the bourgeois" in the modern political landscape that of the interventionist government.

The funniest part about Marx's writings is that he actually lists all of the logical inconsistencies with communism and dismisses them out of hand without so much as a reasonable argument as to why they won't drag down a communist society which, of course, they did.

I once thought Marx was like Obama: a pretty smart dude who took a few basic misassumptions about human interaction and extrapolated an entirely logical, but horribly flawed ideology from it. Now that I've read Marx, I realize that he wasn't smart at all, he was just an ignorant, spoiled son of a wealthy family with a penchant for running his mouth and pontificating.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-18-2009 at 05:09 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: