EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Vote or Die
Author
Topic: The Princess Bride
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-12-2009 07:26:42 PM
Vote
nem-x
posted 01-12-2009 07:27:36 PM
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-12-2009 07:30:43 PM
This thread will be a stomp for great justice.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-12-2009 07:48:04 PM
First unanimous poll result in the history of evercrest.
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-12-2009 07:51:36 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past said this about your mom:
First unanimous poll result in the history of evercrest.

Nem-x is a dissenter.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Number 1 Poster
posted 01-12-2009 08:11:15 PM
Vote finished. We've reached the EC poster count.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-12-2009 08:49:20 PM
It was awesome before Faelynn ruined it, like he did with everything he touches.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-12-2009 10:36:36 PM
Awesome though the movie may be, the book is better.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 01-13-2009 12:05:54 AM
The movie was complete awesomeness from start to finish. Peter Falk, Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Wallace Shawn, ANDRE THE FUCKING GIANT.

Even Robin Wright before she went batshit insane and started satisfying Sean Penn's cruel and disgusting sexual needs. Or maybe she started satisfying his needs and THEN went batshit insane.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Damnati
Filthy
posted 01-13-2009 12:27:35 AM
quote:
Callalron thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
The movie was complete awesomeness from start to finish. Peter Falk, Cary Elwes, Mandy Patinkin, Wallace Shawn, ANDRE THE FUCKING GIANT.

Even Robin Wright before she went batshit insane and started satisfying Sean Penn's cruel and disgusting sexual needs. Or maybe she started satisfying his needs and THEN went batshit insane.

What the fuck, Call? You completely forgot Billy Crystal.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

nem-x
posted 01-13-2009 12:32:32 AM
must be a movie for the white man
nem-x
posted 01-13-2009 02:36:09 AM
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-13-2009 04:49:47 AM
No one's actually left these forums, they all just lurk instead.
nem-x
posted 01-13-2009 05:33:01 AM
TWENTY EIGHT!

9 of them which are delid's alts

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-13-2009 06:05:22 AM
Only one vote from meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 01-13-2009 06:11:29 AM
I haven´t voted.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 01-13-2009 08:48:05 AM
The Princess Bride is one of those movies that I seriously have a hard time wrapping my head around how someone could possibly not love it.

Well, other than being a child with ADD trapped in a man's body like nem.

Bricktop fucked around with this message on 01-13-2009 at 08:52 AM.

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Steven Steve
posted 01-13-2009 10:12:59 AM
I said not awesome because I can do better
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-13-2009 02:23:19 PM
How the fuck are there so many votes on this forum? Or does everyone just have that many alt accounts?
nem-x
posted 01-13-2009 03:52:36 PM
43!

We need to do a rollcall thread

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 01-13-2009 04:06:24 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and nem-x was all like:
43!

We need to do a rollcall thread

This is the rollcall thread.

Cool people vote yes.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 01-13-2009 08:10:36 PM
Awesome movie, voted accordingly.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 01-13-2009 09:57:49 PM
There are at least three heathens on this forum!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Caela
Crazed Ex-Angel
posted 01-13-2009 10:23:12 PM
We're all still here. Hiding in the shadows.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. " - the "Professor" - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-13-2009 10:50:56 PM
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-14-2009 05:59:08 PM
quote:
Steven Steve was listening to Cher while typing:
I said not awesome because I can do better

No, you said not awesome because you're an asshat with bad taste

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Steven Steve
posted 01-14-2009 07:43:10 PM
No, you're mistaken
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-14-2009 08:41:46 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Tron:
No, you said not awesome because you're an asshat with bad taste

Jesus Christ.

We ritualistically stalked, harassed and mentally bullied Azizza just to get rid of that damn smiley.

Ares
posted 01-14-2009 09:26:49 PM
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 01-15-2009 08:41:45 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.

You keep using that smiley. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 01-15-2009 12:29:24 PM
inconceivable!
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 01-15-2009 01:05:43 PM
Still haven't voted as I haven't seen that movie yet.

Edit:

Captain Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 01-15-2009 at 01:06 PM.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 01-15-2009 03:40:38 PM
There are still more than 20 people who lurk here?
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-15-2009 09:53:53 PM
This is still my home page. :X
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Sangwyyn
Pancake
posted 01-15-2009 10:43:10 PM
My smilie legacy lives on, mwaha.
I like a look of Agony,
Because I know it’s true—
Men do not sham Convulsion,
Nor simulate, a Throe—
~Emily Dickinson
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 01-16-2009 09:49:20 AM
Love this movie, my daughters think it's great too. If my wife asks something of me, my usual response to her is "As you wish." A few people have caught on to my meaning and have commented on it including my much too clever 10 year old who rolls her eyes.
http://www.bloodfin.net
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: