EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, motto wedding-eve party
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-13-2008 01:45:06 PM
Friends of mine are going to marry, and decided to have a wedding-eve party with a motto and costumes. Yay.

The motto is "Fiesta Mexicana", because she has spent some time working in Mexico. I turn to you, my American friends, to give me some good ideas for a costume, as Mexico is your friendly southern neighbour, not ours.

I want to avoid the common clichés of sombreros and ponchos, as I'm sure there will be enough of that already.

So far, my best idea is Richard Gecko, of "From Dusk Till Dawn" fame, on his way to the Titty Twister. Should be pretty easy to do, some fake blood, duct tape a suit with a white shirt, and a gun.

Got any better ideas? Or some good pictures of Richard Gecko?

Edit: Seplpuing

Captain Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 09-13-2008 at 01:48 PM.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Nina
posted 09-13-2008 02:12:48 PM
You should go as a US immigration and customs agent.
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-13-2008 02:20:15 PM
Cowboy boots and hat. I see so many people of latino descent wearing those around here, it aint even funny.

Although the idea of a bunch of Europeans dressing up like stereotypical mexicans makes me giggle.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-13-2008 02:21:28 PM
Latinos dress a lot like Americans.

If you wanted to be slightly ethnic, just go for a dress shirt, jeans and a hat.

Number 1 Poster
posted 09-13-2008 02:31:48 PM
quote:
Nina enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

This is a great idea

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-13-2008 06:53:05 PM
Grow a mustache (or paste on a fake one), get a big, honkin' tattoo on your chest and go as Danny Trejo, the bartender in "From Dusk til Dawn".
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Gork
Pancake
posted 09-14-2008 04:06:15 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Captain Tarquinn wrote:
I want to avoid the common clichés of sombreros and ponchos, as I'm sure there will be enough of that already.

Hmm... I see how being seen as a common cliché would really bring you down... go as a jumping-bean.

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 09-14-2008 09:45:26 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Callalron:
Grow a mustache (or paste on a fake one), get a big, honkin' tattoo on your chest and go as Danny Trejo, the bartender in "From Dusk til Dawn".

with lots and lots of plastic / rubber toy knives.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-14-2008 10:03:53 AM
quote:
This one time, at Nina camp:

Well, interesting idea. However I have no idea what to get to make that costume distinctive and recognizable.

quote:
Callalron had this to say about John Romero:

I doubt that I could match, or even come close to the looks and awesomeness of Danny Tejo. Quentin Tarantino, yes, Danny Trejo, no.
Willias
Pancake
posted 09-14-2008 10:21:11 AM
quote:
Captain Tarquinn wrote this stupid crap:
Well, interesting idea. However I have no idea what to get to make that costume distinctive and recognizable.

When in doubt, google!

wikipedia has a picture of the back of the uniform

google image search found a decent picture of the front with body armor

Willias fucked around with this message on 09-14-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-14-2008 10:55:34 AM
You could always just wear jeans, steel toe boots, and a black shirt with the letters I C E on the back.
"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-14-2008 12:58:07 PM
It may not exactly be avoiding a cliche, but: go as a luchador.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-15-2008 03:00:28 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about (_|_):
When in doubt, google!

wikipedia has a picture of the back of the uniform

google image search found a decent picture of the front with body armor

Thanks for that. Still like the idea, but it might be a little bit too obscure for the average German.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 09-15-2008 03:02:14 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Gunslinger Moogle said this:
It may not exactly be avoiding a cliche, but: go as a luchador.

Good idea too. Alas, I'm afraid I'd look too much like Jack Black in Nacho Libre right now.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-16-2008 11:33:32 PM
Pair of Shitkickers, Blue jeans, a Western shirt with pearl snaps, and a straw cowboy hat.

You could pour a glass of water down your back, Depending how uptight everyone is.

...And since no one has posted it, Mariachi?

Peter fucked around with this message on 09-16-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 09-17-2008 01:30:45 PM
Mexicans don't really look any different from anyone else, unless they're super stereotyped, but that'd be like saying you're having a wedding theme of Germany and everyone shows up as Nazis or Techno Ravers. ie, normal people. haha

If you're trying to go for a "how stereotyped can we be" kind of party, then yar, mariachis (think Three Amigos), luchadors, or even matadors and Zorro can be worked in.

Take a donkey with you and say you're in from Tijuana.

Otherwise the expensive black or brown Stetson cowboy hat, exotic-skin boots, tight blue jeans (or black jeans), accompanied by a brown leather belt with your last name in some form of old english on the back, and a button up cowboy shirt with the pearl clasps as mentioned above is about as 'formal stereotype' as you can get. Hell, think Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 09-17-2008 02:06:24 PM
Some inspiration
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 09-17-2008 03:14:16 PM
you could wear some overalls and boots, cover yourself in dirt and carry around a berry crate... for pickin!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: