EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What the hell?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2008 03:25:30 AM
Hahaha oh God.

Wait, wait, you have to pay to get in and they have a gift shop? Don't they remember the scene at the temple from the bible? The overturning of the money changers tables? So wouldn't Jesus.. REALLY HATE this idea? Even if he wasn't the son of God and was just a man who tried to teach peace, he'd still absolutely hate this.

How do they justify it?

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 05-28-2008 04:13:22 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mortious stammered:
Hahaha oh God.

How do they justify it?

$$$

Anklebiter, again. fucked around with this message on 05-28-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Anklebiter, again.
Pancake
posted 05-28-2008 04:15:00 AM
I think it's dumb for the same reason, really.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-28-2008 04:34:17 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mortious wrote:
Hahaha oh God.

Wait, wait, you have to pay to get in and they have a gift shop? Don't they remember the scene at the temple from the bible? The overturning of the money changers tables? So wouldn't Jesus.. REALLY HATE this idea? Even if he wasn't the son of God and was just a man who tried to teach peace, he'd still absolutely hate this.

How do they justify it?

You are only laughing because you think that Americans are stupid. And also because the BBC hates religion.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 05-28-2008 07:20:29 AM
quote:
x--MortiousO-('-'Q) :
Hahaha oh God.

How do they justify it?

The difference is that this is a park, not a church. The point of that story is that the temple is sacred, and materialistic concerns have no place there. Jesus didn't go into the marketplace and tear shit up.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2008 07:30:20 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
The difference is that this is a park, not a church.

That explaination would fly, except for many of the people who operate the park saying it's more of an interactive church.

Maradon!
posted 05-28-2008 07:40:14 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Mortious who doth quote:
That explaination would fly, except for many of the people who operate the park saying it's more of an interactive church.

They're saying that because they go there and pray. It's not an actual church. It's not consecrated. There's a huge difference.

I'm an atheist and I know this shit

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2008 08:06:35 AM
I guess it's in the hazy area between an informal place of worship and a true church, then.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-28-2008 12:45:10 PM
quote:
Mortious wrote this stupid crap:
I guess it's in the hazy area between an informal place of worship and a true church, then.

There's no haziness. If Christ ain't in it, it ain't a church.

Or did Henry VIII disagree with that part of the faith as well?

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-28-2008 01:37:51 PM
quote:
Vorbis said:
There's no haziness. If Christ ain't in it, it ain't a church.

The people who built the park are "Jews with Christian ideals", so who knows what crazy antics they consider to be a church.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-28-2008 01:41:53 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about pies:
The people who built the park are "Jews with Christian ideals", so who knows what crazy antics they consider to be a church.

But they're wrong anyway, so who cares!

I love snobbish orthodoxy!

Maradon!
posted 05-28-2008 08:44:19 PM
In latin, Jehova begins with an I
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-28-2008 11:03:06 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Robocop:

Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. \Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-28-2008 11:14:01 PM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:

The Vatican still drafts all official documents in Latin. JPII, when signing the document choosing his name Iohannus Paulus, he signed it Johannus Paulus. His Latinist politely reminded him that there was no "J" in Latin.

JPII told him that there was now.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 05-28-2008 11:30:18 PM
quote:
Mortious spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Hahaha oh God.

How do they justify it?

Ooh! Over a thousand visitors every day! They must be SWIMMING in cash! .. Or, maybe Jesus could walk on it? *snerk*

Greenlit
posted 05-29-2008 12:05:30 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man. \Penitent man. Penitent man. Penitent man.

The penitent man is humble. The penitent man.. kneels before God. Kneel!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 05-29-2008 12:18:07 AM
quote:
Greenlit said this about your mom:
The penitent man is humble. The penitent man.. kneels before God. Kneel!

I forget the rest of the lines (because the previous was so memorable), but let's pretend we acted all this out and then had gay sex afterwards, okay, greenlit?

Greenlit
posted 05-29-2008 01:32:23 AM
Fag.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 05-29-2008 10:10:23 AM
Real reasons europeans hate americans?

Honestly I have no idea what they're talking about.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: