EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: if you are religious
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-18-2007 05:21:20 PM
Please pray for my mother, who is in hospital with severe brain swelling caused by a newly found brain tumor. If they cannot get the swelling down, she has weeks to live.

I haven't cried for 12 years, and I just spent the last hour sobbing my heart out. I've stopped, now it's the feeling dead inside stage. I love my mom, she's a proud and independant woman, to see her reduced to a shell.. anyone who has had their lives touched by cancer here knows how it is. It's like watching someone you love being slowly tortured to death, and you can't do a thing about it.

If you are not religious, donate a few dollars to your local cancer research.

No, this is not a joke. Nor will you find any fresh prince at the end here.

Gadani
U
posted 12-18-2007 05:25:50 PM
There's no "D:" big enough.

Sorry dude .

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-18-2007 05:33:04 PM
My thoughts are with you and your mother, Mortious.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 12-18-2007 05:52:31 PM
She is in my prayers Mort.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-18-2007 05:54:02 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Gadani said this:
There's no "D:" big enough.

Ya, I don't really know what to say.

I'm really sorry to hear about that dude. Losing your mom is pretty rough :/

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 12-18-2007 06:36:54 PM
I'm not a religious person, but my heart goes out to you and your family.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-18-2007 06:47:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear it, Mort. Hope she pulls through.
Blackened
posted 12-18-2007 07:35:49 PM
I just bought a PS3* **, don't worry Mort, I got this.

*folding@home
**didn't actually buy one

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Willias
Pancake
posted 12-18-2007 07:40:28 PM
I... really don't know what to say. :/

I hope she pulls through.

Ragabash
Pancake
posted 12-18-2007 08:40:57 PM
I wish you and your mom all the best Mort.
Feed my hungry soul.
Razor
posted 12-18-2007 11:06:02 PM
Ouch, that sucks. Grandfather died of pancreatic cancer, Father may have lung cancer. I wish you good tidings in the weeks ahead, and for the chance your mother may recover.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Greenlit
posted 12-18-2007 11:07:15 PM
quote:
Razor thought about the meaning of life:
Ouch, that sucks. Grandfather died of pancreatic cancer, Father may have lung cancer. I wish you good tidings in the weeks ahead, and for the chance your mother may recover.

Your family hates life.

Have you considered ending it?

Razor
posted 12-18-2007 11:11:42 PM
quote:
Greenlit stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Your family hates life.

Have you considered ending it?

Seeing as it was the chemicals used in aircraft maintaince/testing pre-OSHA that took my grandfather, and smoking for my dad... at least I'm not blood related to anyone in my family. Instead, let's focus on Mort's issue here and now.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-18-2007 11:50:03 PM
Consider it done, Mort. She's in my prayers.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 12-19-2007 02:03:34 AM
I hope she pulls through, Mortious.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 12-19-2007 02:05:03 AM
Oh my god.

My mother is the only extended family member I dread losing. I feel so sorry it came to this, and hope for the best. Sincerly.

-Billie

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-19-2007 04:32:32 AM
Oh damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Modern medicine is quite capable though, so I am sure everything will be fine in the end.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-19-2007 09:31:06 AM
Oh Christ. I'll be praying.
Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 12-19-2007 09:54:57 AM
I will be praying.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-20-2007 05:48:48 AM
I've prayed for her...
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-20-2007 09:44:32 AM
I hope she pulls through, Mort. That really sucks.

Not long ago, someone posted this article about a drug that might cure cancer. It refers people to the official website for updates. Maybe something there can help.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-20-2007 11:47:25 AM
Well she's already got over breast, liver, and bone cancers. She has tumors in most major organs, but on the plus side they're very small (pea-sized) and don't appear to be growing. She's a fighter and I've no doubt we'll have her for many years yet. I was upset and scared when I posted this thread. Things could still go bad.. but fingers crossed that they don't.

She's been moved to a local hospice where they can give her 1-on-1 care rather than a hospital ward where they can't. They're going to reduce the swelling then try directed radiotherapy on the brain tumor. It's right in the middle of the brain since it was deposited there via the lymph system, so surgery is not an option.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-20-2007 12:49:43 PM
Sorry, but the tag is as close as I can come without endangering whole counties in the ensuing lightning storm, but good luck and best wishes to the both of you.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ares
posted 12-22-2007 06:06:32 PM
I am SO sorry to hear this Mort. She's in my prayers.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: