EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: EC Game of the Year Thread
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-07-2007 11:27:28 AM
It's that time again. The last of the big titles have come out by now. What's your favorites? It can be games you didn't play until this year or games that came out this year or whatever. What did you enjoy playing?

GENRES
--------------

ACTION - Assassin's Creed

ADVENTURE/PLATFORM - The Simpson's Game

FPS - Call of Duty 4

MUSIC/RHYTHM - Rock Band

PUZZLE - Puzzle Quest Live

RACING - N/A

RPG - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

SIM - Viva Pinata

SPORTS - Madden 08

STRATEGY - Jeanne D'Arc

BEST OF THE BEST
---------------
BEST GAMEPLAY - Mass Effect

BEST STORY - Mass Effect

BEST SOUND - Bioshock

BEST GRAPHICS - Bioshock

MOST REPLAYABILITY - Mass Effect

OVERALL GAME OF THE YEAR - Mass Effect

WORST OF THE WORST
-------------------

WORST GAMEPLAY - Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

WORST STORY - Blacksite: Area 51

WORST SOUND - BulletWitch

WORST GRAPHICS - Two Worlds

LEAST REPLAYABILITY - Bioshock

OVERALL WORST GAME OF THE YEAR - Two Worlds

Add your own, take out what you don't care about, whatever. Standard "Gains' overly detailed survey thread" rules apply.

Note: It's really really hard to think of what the true worst games I've played this year are. I have played some really bad ones that most people wouldn't even put on a list.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 12-07-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-07-2007 11:33:40 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Gainsborough!

WORST GAMEPLAY - Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

It's that bad, huh?

So, would it even be worth a $7 rental to play through on split screen
co-op?

I'm always looking for games with offline co-op for 360, but I guess this one is a skipper?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-07-2007 12:01:53 PM
Bioshock is pretty damn sexy looking.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-07-2007 01:54:56 PM
Mass Effect was pretty shallow as an RPG, with a story we've all heard before. Didn't stop it being fun, but hardly game of the year.

The Witcher knocks everything else off the RPG/story spot.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-07-2007 04:01:15 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about dark elf butts:
Mass Effect was pretty shallow as an RPG, with a story we've all heard before. Didn't stop it being fun, but hardly game of the year.

The Witcher knocks everything else off the RPG/story spot.

Yes, but gains doesn't play real rpgs that don't involve FF7 characters or catchable monsters.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-07-2007 04:53:42 PM
quote:
Y.O.T.C said:
Yes, but gains doesn't play real rpgs that don't involve FF7 characters or catchable monsters.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-07-2007 04:58:24 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough said:
OVERALL WORST GAME OF THE YEAR - Two Worlds

I wholeheartedly agree with this part.

I er.. aquired.. it and it was pretty laffo. It's simply riding on the coattails of Oblivion, while having none of what makes Oblivion good. All the "forsooth!" talk made me laugh too.

Skaw
posted 12-07-2007 05:00:49 PM
I played the Two Worlds demo, got to the first town(45 seconds in!) and deleted that shit.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-07-2007 05:36:22 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Y.O.T.C said:

wait what

i just got done playing mass effect and the only reason i didn't play the witcher was because my computer can't run it

tell me what these "real rpgs" are, honestly. if you're saying oblivion, i just haven't got around to it (computer ran it like shit) and there hasn't been anything good outside of oblivion for years

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 12-07-2007 at 05:37 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-07-2007 05:45:14 PM
A lot of the settings in the witcher are turned up so high as to be ridiculous. The only drawback of the game was the longass load times.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-07-2007 05:46:02 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis was naked while typing this:
A lot of the settings in the witcher are turned up so high as to be ridiculous. The only drawback of the game was the longass load times.

1 gig of RAM

Windows Vista

do you see my problem here

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-07-2007 06:07:50 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough impressed everyone with:
1 gig of RAM

Windows Vista

do you see my problem here

Not with the 1gig of ram, just with the vista

(I run the witcher on XP with 1gig)

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-07-2007 06:49:46 PM
Right, but it's still a problem, and I don't have another copy of Windows so I'm stuck.

I like Vista, I just need a couple more bucks to throw some RAM into my box to make it fine.

Steven Steve
posted 12-07-2007 07:00:47 PM
Ha ha, someone I knew played Two Worlds and it was so awful that I was physically injured when he played it.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: